It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ozone layers in Charleston and related areas at dangerously high levels (July 8th)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Ozone layers in Charleston and related areas at dangerously high levels (July 8th)

weather.msn.com

Air Quality AlertST. GEORGE... SUMMERVILLE... MONCKS CORNER...

CHARLESTON... DANIEL ISLAND... NAVAL WEAPONS STATION CHARLESTON 403 PM EDT THU JUL 8 2010 ... AIR QUALITY ALERT IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 9 PM EDT FRIDAY...

THE SOUTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL HAS ISSUED A CODE ORANGE AIR QUALITY ALERT FOR CHARLESTON... BERKELEY AND DORCHESTER COUNTIES... IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 9 PM EDT FRIDAY.

A CODE ORANGE AIR QUALITY ALERT MEANS GROUND LEVEL OZONE CONCENTRATIONS WITHIN THE TRI-COUNTY AREA MAY APPROACH OR EXCEED UNHEALTHY LEVELS FOR SENSITIVE GROUPS.

(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: According to users in the know, this is standard stuff for this time of year. Forgive a new guy to this area of the world. And keep up the good fight!

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Redwookieaz]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It appears for whatever reason I received an alert on my cell phone saying we have a level orange, air quality alert here in the Charleston area. And that the OZONE levels would be much too high. I am not sure what this means or what could cause it, but in this day and age of giant clouds of nasty stuff floating in from the gulf. And the Methane and Corexit thing, I wanted to bring this to all the smart peopple on here's attention, thanks!

Please add your opinions and knowledge and I'll add what else I find as well!

weather.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Redwookieaz]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

No offense but is this really breaking news? We see alerts like this all the time in the summer. It is for people with health conditions. This is not news.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Looks like the oil slicks off gassing has reached other areas of the east coast finally, at least I wonder if that maybe going on as we speak.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It's the stationary high sitting over the Carolinas man, nothing more. When you get one sitting over an area for an extended period in the summer you get two things; crazy Africa-hot temperatures and high levels of ground level ozone... smog in other words. Nothing new. Sucks, but not out of the ordinary.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Well there ya go then. Questions answered. I had no idea. I've lived here for all of two weeks! Its new and strange to me but apparently not to everybody else so disregard my ignorance on the subject.

new topics

top topics

join