It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Left Wing Lunacy"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Iraq War Hypocrisy

Haha you know what's great? This website is great. You guys should check it out, I'm sure some of you will definitely get a kick out of it, and some of you won't. To think I used to call myself liberal...

Here's a little bit of the hilarity you can expect from this site:

"Men often oppose a thing merely because they have no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike."-Alexander Hamilton

The quote above by one of this country's most respected founding fathers is as true now as it was then. Don't believe me? Then what do you make of this quote by Democratic Senator Tom Daschle in a news conference back on Feb. 11, 1998, when President Clinton was ratcheting up support on a possible attack on Iraq.

"Look, we have exhausted virtually all our diplomatic effort to get the Iraqis to comply with their own agreements and with international law. Given that, what other option is there but to force them to do so? That's what they're saying. This is the key question. And the answer is we don't have another option. We have got to force them to comply militarily."

Kinda sounds like the same problem we faced last year doesn't it?? It was the same problem, and is a prime example of Alexander Hamilton's point. Now look at what Senator Daschle has to say as the war in Iraq began.

"I'm going to the White House this afternoon and I have a pretty good understanding, a pretty good idea what I'm going to hear. And I'm saddened, saddened that this President failed so miserably at diplomacy that we're now forced to war, saddened that we have to give up one life because this President couldn't create the kind of diplomatic effort that was so critical for our country. But we will work, and we will do all that we can to get through this crisis like we've gotten through so many."

Hmmm funny stuff.

[edit on 15-6-2004 by Faisca]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
Iraq War Hypocrisy

Haha you know what's great? This website is great. You guys should check it out, I'm sure some of you will definitely get a kick out of it, and some of you won't. To think I used to call myself liberal...

Here's a little bit of the hilarity you can expect from this site:

"Men often oppose a thing merely because they have no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike."-Alexander Hamilton

The quote above by one of this country's most respected founding fathers is as true now as it was then. Don't believe me? Then what do you make of this quote by Democratic Senator Tom Daschle in a news conference back on Feb. 11, 1998, when President Clinton was ratcheting up support on a possible attack on Iraq.

"Look, we have exhausted virtually all our diplomatic effort to get the Iraqis to comply with their own agreements and with international law. Given that, what other option is there but to force them to do so? That's what they're saying. This is the key question. And the answer is we don't have another option. We have got to force them to comply militarily."

Kinda sounds like the same problem we faced last year doesn't it?? It was the same problem, and is a prime example of Alexander Hamilton's point. Now look at what Senator Daschle has to say as the war in Iraq began.

"I'm going to the White House this afternoon and I have a pretty good understanding, a pretty good idea what I'm going to hear. And I'm saddened, saddened that this President failed so miserably at diplomacy that we're now forced to war, saddened that we have to give up one life because this President couldn't create the kind of diplomatic effort that was so critical for our country. But we will work, and we will do all that we can to get through this crisis like we've gotten through so many."

Hmmm funny stuff.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Ok, sorry... Something went horribly awry when I tried to edit my post... I apologize for the weird double post and the messed up quoting in the first one.

join