It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

crimes that just should not happen.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
my intention for this thread is to have a place where people can link to or discuss the criminal impact of the illegal alien problem. feel free to link to or reply about personal, local or national crimes that you know about.
the articles and youtube vid i'm posting below is to show people the damage done to american citizens because of our open borders.
for anyone who is pro-amnesty how can you argue against my point?
for example, i've heard one guy state that if it wasn't done by illegals, a citizen would have. how can this be justified?

Illegal immigrant admits raping, killing Ala. woman; will reveal accomplice

By Jamie Satterfield

Friday, June 18, 2010

Editor's note: An earlier version of this story incorrectly reported that Mexico does not issue birth certificates.

The illegal immigrant who confessed to raping and killing an Alabama homecoming queen in a West Knoxville hotel room made a vow Thursday to expose his accomplice.

"That is a promise I make to the family (to) give them some peace," Valentino Vasquez Miranda said via an interpreter in Knox County Criminal Court.

Miranda admitted at a hearing Thursday that he used a master key to get inside a sleeping Jennifer Lee Hampton's hotel room at the Days Inn on Lovell Road and then raped and strangled her in September 2008.

As part of a plea deal approved by Judge Bob McGee, Miranda was sentenced to life with the possibility of parole after a mandatory 51-year prison term.

Hampton, 21, was in Knoxville to help train workers at a new Mama Blue's restaurant set to open here. Miranda and girlfriend Rosa Hernandez were living and working at the Days Inn as housekeepers.

Assistant District Attorney Kevin Allen told McGee that the attack on Hampton was a violent one, with guests in an adjoining room reporting a crash against her wall severe enough to shake items in their room. Hampton fought for her life, he said, evidenced by bits of Miranda's flesh under her fingernails.

"The cause of death was strangulation," he said.

Hampton's body was found a week later face-down in Melton Hill Lake near the Solway Bridge. It was Hernandez who led Knoxville Police Department Investigator Steve Still to Miranda after finding his blood-stained clothes, Allen said.

"He told Investigator Still he had a cut on his hand, and that's where all the blood came from," Allen said.

But DNA testing showed the blood belonged to Hampton, he said.

It was DNA testing, however, that led, in part, to Miranda's plea deal.

Allen said testing on Hampton's sweatpants revealed a mixture of three DNA profiles, two of which were from men. One sample matched Miranda's DNA. The other revealed an "unknown male contributor," which authorities suspect was an accomplice, he said. Allen said the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation could not rule out Hampton as a source of the third DNA sample, leaving to speculation whether there was a third suspect in the case.

The TBI compared the unknown DNA profiles to another illegal immigrant who worked with Miranda and Hernandez at the hotel but found no match.

Miranda's plea deal "requires the defendant to submit to a full debriefing, including the identification of (any) others possibly involved," Allen said.

McGee stressed Miranda's promise to serve up the identity of any accomplices as he considered whether to accept the plea deal, noting Miranda must "tell authorities what all went on and identify others involved."

"Do you understand?" McGee asked.

"Yes," Miranda answered.

At a hearing earlier this year, Allen signaled that his office might seek the death penalty in the case. But the Mexican consulate, acting on behalf of Miranda and his family, later questioned whether Miranda was 17 at the time of the slaying rather than the age of 20 as suggested by fake Social Security documents. Under Tennessee and federal law, juveniles cannot be put to death.

To avoid a battle over the issue, Knox County District Attorney General Randy Nichols declined to authorize what's known as a "death notice" to be filed against Miranda.

Spared death and a lifetime behind bars, Miranda still tarried several hours Thursday before inking his plea deal.

Hampton's mother, Cynthia Senn, said she was told Miranda did not want to face her daughter's loved ones. He relented shortly before a 1:30 p.m. deadline.

Attorney Eddie Daniel already won a civil settlement on behalf of the Hampton family from the Days Inn. The terms have been kept under wraps.

Jamie Satterfield may be reached at 865-342-6308.

Illegal Immigrants Crime Spree in WA.

Posted By Dan Springer On June 1, 2010 @ 11:32 AM In Border Security, Crime, Foreign Policy, Mexico, Politics, U.S. | Comments Disabled

One woman is dead and two others were raped recently and police say each crime was committed by a different illegal immigrant. One of the sexual assaults happened just hours before the Seattle city council passed an ordinance boycotting Arizona over its new immigration law.

Gregorio Luna Luna had a history of beating up his live-in girlfriend Griselda Ocampo Meza. He was also in the U.S. illegally. On May 1, Luna Luna was deported to Mexico. Three weeks later Meza was murdered in her apartment in a violent knife attack.

Franklin County prosecutors say Luna Luna slipped past the border again and killed Meza in front of their five year old son. He's in the county jail awaiting trial.

A suspected rapist in Edmonds, Washington has been deported at least 4 times according to Snohomish County prosecutors. Jose Lopez Madrigal has been charged with raping a woman next to a dumpster behind a Safeway store. A witness to the attack alerted police and Madrigal was taken into custody.

An illegal immigrant just convicted of his possible 3rd strike in Whatcom county- a rape of a homeless woman- has been deported to Mexico five times.

Washington State ranks 11th in the nation in the number of illegal immigrants with an estimated 150,000. They make up 2% of the state's population, but account for 4.5% of those in Washington prisons. In Franklin county, 14% of the jail bookings are illegal immigrants.

Currently, over half of the individuals on the Washington State Patrol's Most Wanted List are suspected illegal immigrants. 18 of the 26 on the list are Hispanic with no place of birth identified. Most are wanted for vehicular homicide and they have languished on the Most Wanted list for several years.

There are about 50,000 felony warrants currently issued in Washington State and according to a source in the U.S. Marshal's office between 30-40 percent are believed to be illegal immigrants.

We asked the State Patrol about the immigration status of the most wanted suspects and they told us they didn't know. Officials say that information is not important in trying to locate the individuals.

The U.S. Marshall's Service disagrees. Leaders of the region's fugitive task force say knowing immigration status can be very important to an investigation. In fact, the Marshall's have an office in Mexico to help with cross-border cases.

Last week, the city of Tacoma joined Seattle in admonishing Arizona for its immigration law. While the council did not go so far as passing a boycott, the ordinance does criticize Arizona for its stand against illegal immigration.

Police: Six illegal immigrants raped Alexandria woman
By: Freeman Klopott
Examiner Staff Writer
March 18, 2010

A 30-year-old woman accepted a ride home from Fast Eddie's night club, but instead of returning her to her Alexandria home, the man and five of his friends drove her to a Waldorf house and held her hostage for several hours as they repeatedly raped her, authorities said.

The Charles County Sheriff's Office said all six men appear to be illegal immigrants. The men, ages 18 to 28, have been charged with rape and false imprisonment.

Authorities say the men were in the car when the woman accepted the ride home late Monday night. They drove to a house on Nicholas Road, where police said they live with more than a dozen men and women.

Inside they raped the woman, threatening to kill her if she didn't comply with their demands. She was able to escape around 5:30 a.m. and ran to a nearby house where she called police. Authorities said they believe other men may have been involved, but fled the house before police arrived.

-- Freeman Klopott

Read more at the Washington Examiner: www.washingtonexaminer.com... ... z0t7fR6zql

8 illegal aliens gang rape woman
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I am all for securing the border, and fixing the immigration problem. You can go to the multiple threads I have started or participated in for verification.

BUT

These types of crimes from illegal aliens are vastly blown out of proportion. The crime AGAINST illegal aliens is much, much more of an issue than the crimes committed by them.

So, if this guy never came here, this woman would not have been raped by him, but maybe someone else would have....or maybe this woman would have died in a car accident.....or maybe the ER visit finds a cancerous cyst......stupid speculation.

What is real, is that illegal aliens are afraid to report crimes to the police, because they may be deported, they are also known to hoard cash before sending it back to Mexico.......... that is a bad combination, and in my area alone, I am personally aware of nightly break-ins of the trailers where these guys live. NIGHTLY!! Violent, break-ins! They only get reported when someone is killed, and that happens about once per week.

Immigration can be fixed, it needs to be fixed, it is very, very important, but lets not demonize immigrants as criminals, when we have plenty of crime from our very citizens. It isn't like US citizens, or legal immigrants never rape anybody?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

in your area, do you think that the violent break in, in majority, are done by other illegals, or citizens.

just to expand my point of view, i do not hold anything against a worker sneaking into my country in hopes of feeding and supporting his family. due to what i do for a living i know many, and most are honorable humans. afraid to commit crimes because of the chance of deportation.
if i was personally in their shoes, i'd be sneaking into america myself.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The more violent ones that make the news are usually local thugs. Known criminals from the area, born and raised here.

Often times the less violent break ins are people from the same trailer park that are just as poor, and hate the illegals. They feel "justified" in robbing the illegal aliens, but again it is usually our locals, not other illegals.

There is an entire community that supports the lifestyle of the illegal alien. Many people may not realize how it works. So here is a very brief synopsis of a day in the life:

One "legal" guy offers to do a job for say $30 or $40 per hour, but guarantees that it will only take him a few days or a week because he has "helpers." Other contractors are bidding similar prices but much longer time periods, or they are bidding much higher prices for the same time period, so the low baller gets the job. Now that one legal guy shows up with 5 or 8 helpers! They fly through the job with satisfactory quality and he gets paid. He cashes out the pay, and they meet up at the local convenience store and divvy up the funds. Often times the one guy that bid the job won't ever do a moments work. He may have dozens of these crews working around town, and he is earning $5 or $10 per hour for himself on each crew and never doing any labor!! The employer's are not violating the law, because they hired 1 employee and he had all his paperwork.

These illegal guys live in trailers with 2 or 3 bedrooms but 8 or 12 young males sharing the space. They are up and gone by 5 or 6 a.m. and they put in a hard days work. They get home at 6 p.m. or so with a little cash in hand. They pool a little money for beer, somebody cooks, and they hang out and drink til dark. Most trailer parks have 1 or 2 $5 hookers hanging around, and she might make $50 or $60 bucks a day stopping by the trailers after the beer is drank up. Then they go to bed with bats and knives at their side.

Sometime during the night, somebody will come by and try to get in. Maybe another illegal looking for a place to stay, maybe another hooker needing a fix, maybe a group of armed thugs trying to get to the cash. They are rough nights!!

But come 5 a.m. these guys are up and waiting on their ride to work!! They may show up at work battered, bruised, hungover, or whatever, but they are not late, and they do not complain or want any help.

Occasionally the late night fights escalate and somebody gets stabbed or shot. It is very sad, somebody is hurt or killed, the police round everybody up, the money is gone, the people deported or jailed, and a whole new crew moves into the trailer and reports to work at 5.a.m. like nothing happened!!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

i know exactly what you speak of.
a buddy of mine is a plumber, he refuses to hire illegals, refuses to do shoddy work, yet the majority of his time is spent re-plumbing new homes that illegal crews have worked on. many times the owner tries to take the contractor to court, the contractor claims that the crew was hired as sub-contractors, the owner or court tries to track them down, the contractor shows some fake papers he was shown when hiring them, and the owner ends up paying twice for the job. the initial job, plus my buddy who fixed everything.it's an endless circle.
i spend half the year in az., and the other half in n.m.
n.m. is getting an influx of illegals from az. since this new law passed. a friend had his house trashed, rented it to a guy who let a whole slew of illegals move in. my friend went one day just to check things out, there was, i guess a fight there, broken windows, broken apliences, he filed for eviction, and knows damn well when they all move out they will trash more stuff. he's having trouble getting the local cops to help him, they know it's all illegals, fake id's, know they won't show up for court dates, get a new id, move on to the next suckers house.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Missouri's Immigration Law

My Solution Thread for Immigration

Immigration needs to be fixed for everyone involved! Us and Them. It is a horrible situation that the Government has turned a blind eye to, and for the life of me, I can't imagine why? I am starting to believe all the NAU crap. Maybe we "can't" enforce immigration because of some backroom deals, and maybe the AZ law and the MO laws are a violation of that treaty, and that is why the Fed is so against it?

There is a thread about Canadian Troops being sent to the Gulf Coast. We know the dollar has been systematically deconstructed. We know that Texas is working on the NAFTA corridor and the Governor completely reversed his stance on the issue.

Maybe NAU is a real deal?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

thanx for the links, i'll check it out. not familiar with the missouri law.
personally, i think a majority of the problem is a type of corporate welfare, do nothing to businesses who hire illegals. look at the crap arpaio in az. has been going through. crack down on those who hire them, and there won't be much problem.

i was going to head to las vegas n.m. this weekend to set up at a market my buddy ramone runs, he said the last few weeks he's had an influx of illegal vendors. pretty sure most are illegal since they speak no, or very little english. he said it's been taking him 2 days just to clean up the market at the end of the weekend, and to haul all the crap left behind to the dump.
chances are he is going to just close it down, not worth it anymore.
sad, he's had it for 15 years and has never had a problem like this.
the majority of las vegas is hispanic, wonderful, friendly people, and the whole town is holding meetings in hopes of figuring out ways to combat the influx of illegals.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
here's a link to some sad stories about crimes committed by illegals.
border patrol and law enforcement in southern arizona are running scared, they are avoiding confrontations daily.
www.immigrationshumancost.org...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
here's a link to some sad stories about crimes committed by illegals.
border patrol and law enforcement in southern arizona are running scared, they are avoiding confrontations daily.
www.immigrationshumancost.org...

Scared? Avoiding?

Then lets take away their pay, and find someone that will do the job!!

Ridiculous! I'll bring a posse, if they pay me what those police forces get paid, put my actions above the law, and arm me with assault weapons, bullet proof vests, 4 wheel drives, IR vision, and helicopters?

I am pretty sure I can clean up the border in no time!!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
i'm with ya', pisses me off.
this winter i did a trip to the border. it's absolutely insane, visited a friend who lives east of nogales, right on the border. his house has been broken into multiple times, one of his dogs was stoned to death for doing it's job, he's moving.
know what happens when he calls law enforcement? they show up hours later, take a report, and leave. refuse to help him.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
American busines owners effectively creating a monopoly on slavery because of the influx of refugees should not happen. Thats a pretty bad crime, yeah im gonna report those crimes.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Johnze]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

for anyone who is pro-amnesty how can you argue against my point?

From what I gather, your point is that crimes perpetrated by 'illegals' should not happen, and could not happen if we secured our borders.

I am not disagreeing with you that crimes shouldn't happen, I do, however, think that securing the border as you would like is putting he cart before the horse.

The problem isn't immigration. It's our welfare laws, our drug policy, and our labor laws that are the main cause of this influx of crime, outside laborers, and entitlement spending.

The problem cannot be solved by going after the effects of the cause of the problem. All that will happen is lead to more violence, more innocents being killed on both sides and less freedom for all parties involved.

Securing the border without terrifying unintended consequences is not possible.

edit: @Johnze the 'slave labor' argument is just plain wrong. You have no idea what slavery is. These people risk their life and their family to come into our country to voluntarily work for lower wages than the rest of us. The entire point is that it is completely voluntary, which is the opposite of slavery.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by DINSTAAR]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
the problem here is we haven't helped them become legal, nor help them integrate into society.

And we haven't fixed where they come from.

We travel all the way around the world to save countries from horrible conditions, but can't look right under our noses?

Fix Mexico, fix Central America, fix the problem.

Negligence is negligence.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Myendica]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

great points, really.
it's like my argument about the drug war. you can't just lock up small time dealers while 1 out of 50 semi's coming north over the border is searched.
the cartels know, maybe they'll lose i out of a bunch of trucks, while the rest make it across. it's like giving them the ok to smuggle.
not to mention no prosecution of the banks who launder the money.
it's corporate as usual in many ways, alow the big players to do what they do, and release some news bulletines about a few small busts.
while, at the same time refusing to put any energy into rehab.

the immigration problem is similar, leave the corporate farms and others who hire them, yet give law enforcement a hard time for cracking down on them.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

also a good point, yet, how do you fix the problem without dismantaling the corrupt government?
where shall the money to fix them come from?
shall we send the u.s. military into mexico city and sponsor a coup?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

If we helped the ones here become legal, we would gain a large amoount of tax dollars via the new citizens now being legit. Not to mention companies taxes that would come in now that they are legal citizens. Then after they are legal, we put a tax on them taking the money out of the country.

Lots of money to be thrown at this.

Btw, money isn't real. The banks aren't gonna demand we pay our debt as a nation. Maybe China...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

actually i agree, i'm not for deporting everyone who is here already, unless already convicted of a crime, or is one of the people mexico released from jail and dropped off on our border.
i'd be against breaking up families where the parents have been here working, kept their noses clean and raised their kids.

i am still wondering about the fixing mexico part though.
i don't see how this would help fix mexico.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

well theres only one way to fix mexico and that is sending an envoy of military and diplomats to help the government get their country back in order.

it doesnt matter how we do, but we need to do it.

if the reason everyone goes down the big slide is because the small one is broken, aren't you going to fix the small one so people have more fun?

edit: thats a bad analogy

point being though. I dont know how to do it yet, but explain to mexico we want to help. tell the people we want to help.

we cant assume they are all bad. people are escaping turmoil and we should fix it.

take it over if need be.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Myendica]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

We already helpd them, succesfuly!

It was the War on Drugs remember?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

ill take that as sarcasm. tho yes the op is right, we have crimes that could be avoided.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join