It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanctuary City Question Leaves Gibbs Stammering

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

So does Missouri, and their law goes even further!! It penalizes Universities for catering to illegals, and it establishes English as the official language, and refuses to offer state services in any other language!!

See my thread detailing Missouri's laws:
Missouri is way ahead ofArizona

[edit on 11-7-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

More ignorance!
Apparently you were asleep from 1998 to 2008 when this issue was REPEATEDLY raised - RE-PEAT-ADD-LEE!!! And, as I recall, not one time did anyone say anything about "Brown people".
I remember it being then, as now, enforcement of our immigration laws and protection of our borders.

Why is this very simple issue so difficult for you to grasp?

I mean, with Senator Byrd dead and gone, the Congress just got a little more tolerant of "brown" people!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I know y'all are tired of hearing the race card, but you will stop hearing it when people ACTUALLY stop using race as a reason to persecute a people.

You know, like passing a law that targets one specific race of people over anyone else?

Who brought up race in this thread? Who brought up race on the issue of ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION!?

And since when is "Illegal Immigrant" a race!?!?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

And since when is "Illegal Immigrant" a race!

They didn't pass this law in Montana now did they?

And how many posts have you seen on here about "shooting a few Mexicans to teach the others?"

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Sorry neo cons, but it's the truth. This wasn't much of an issue till this administration came into office. But then the threat of a black man in office scared you all to death, you can't persecute black people anymore, so you went after what you all thought was a safe target, the Mexicans.

If the GOP wanted to actually fix this problem they would have done it when they were in power. But no, it wasn't really an issue then because the GOP was in charge and so everyone thought everything was hunky dory.

Put liberals in charge? The story changes, add someone with dark skin into the mix and the venom really starts to fly.

I know y'all are tired of hearing the race card, but you will stop hearing it when people ACTUALLY stop using race as a reason to persecute a people.

You know, like passing a law that targets one specific race of people over anyone else?

Like I said, I hope Latinos leave the southern states in droves and move to places where they can actually feel free and not be persecuted based on their skin color.

Hell, the lot of you are using the Neo Nazi playbook. There's even a thread around here where a bunch of you are praising Neo Nazis for what they are doing down in AZ, if this isn't a race issue, you would think that people wouldn't praise Neo Nazis.

[edit on 7/11/2010 by whatukno]

Why are you still allowed to post on this site? Its obvious you are nothing but a troll.

I wont even give you the courtesy of replying to The post above, it is filled with nothing but ignorant, blind, and baseless comments.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, now that is over, I think what Gibbs meant to say was "Well, they havent provided me with the proper answer to give to this question, so
I will just act like an idiot until the administration gives me the cop out response to give to you all."

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I do not understand why everyone is concentrating on Mexicans with this ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. Why are you not trying to apprehend the illegal Swedish bikini models, the illegal Canadian lumberjacks, the illegal British soccer players, the illegal German death metal bands, the illegal Norwegian fishermen, the illegal Irish sheep farmers, the illegal Dutch windmill builders, etc? Why always pick on the Mexicans? Why? Why? For the love of God why?
IT MUST BE BECAUSE YOU ARE RACIST!!

[edit on 7-11-2010 by groingrinder]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Don't see them going after the Arabic people in Dearborn Michigan whose visas have expired for years.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Sanctuary cities? That sounds frighteningly familiar...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The issue should be about illegal immigration. The reason why the focus is on Mexico, is cause the place where a majority of such coming into the US is coming from the mexican side of the border and crossing into the country, bringing all of the problems with such.
The illegal immigrant population of the United States in 2008 was estimated by the Center for Immigration Studies to be about 11 million people, down from 12.5 million people in 2007. According to a Pew Hispanic Center report, in 2005, 57% of illegal immigrants were from Mexico; 24% were from other Latin American countries, primarily from Central America; 9% were from Asia; 6% were from Europe; and 4% were from the rest of the world.
Based off of these numbers, 81% of the illegale immigrants coming into the country, breaking the laws to get in are hispanic.
But it is a valid question, why is what AZ done wrong, but not Sanctuary citys that are clearing violating the laws for years? There should be no difference in how we view the law, so if the Government does strike down the AZ law, then they should go through and strike down sanctuary cities.
But it also shows that the president, as much as he would like, can not control the press 100% of the time, and there will be questions that will catch them off guard that they are not prepared to deal with.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

reply to post by kozmo

And since when is "Illegal Immigrant" a race!

They didn't pass this law in Montana now did they?

And how many posts have you seen on here about "shooting a few Mexicans to teach the others?"

To answer your question, none. But perhaps you have. So.. oh, m...hm, ok... sooooooo, you take an ignorant comment, lump it into a hasty generalization and then trot it out as the primary reason that the MAJORITY of Americans want our imigration laws enforced? Yeah...

Now, about Montana... They haven't - YET! But South Carolina and Utah are - Read all about it here! And, by the way, neither state are near Mexico!

Now, kindly drop the race baiting and engage in intelligent discussion regarding ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. After all, we have CLEARLY established that "Illegal immigrants" are NOT a race!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Don't see them going after the Arabic people in Dearborn Michigan whose visas have expired for years.

Expired VIsas for University students as well. The MSM might be making this abour "brown people" and in Arizona, maybe they are the problem, but as you say in Michigan the problems may be Muslims, here in Tallahassee it is expired student visas.

We have to fix ALL OF IMMIGRATION!! Not jut the southern border. Hell most of the northern border doesn't even have checkpoints on the roads!!!

How To Fix Immigration

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

This wasn't much of an issue till this administration came into office. But then the threat of a black man in office scared you all to death

You've come a long way from when I first met you wuk, and it's not a good thing.

The height of the Illegal Alien debate raged UNDER BUSH.. does it need to be bigger so even through your ignorance you can read it?

THE MINUTE MAN PROJECT AND BUILDING THE WALL STARTED UNDER BUSH! People were so mad about illegal immigration they formed those "militias" and Bush was the first President forced to send troops to our Southern Border since the US Mexican War.

That's funny because I thought entering the country illegally was a crime worthy of being punished?

Ohhhh no I get it... under your logic, it's ok to punish those who break laws ..... unless they are "brown"..

As I say.. You've come a long way in your beliefs Wukky .. how you ended up drifting to such extremism is beyond me. If it makes you feel morally superior and helps you sleep at night, so be it.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

See my earlier post. Missouri has stricter laws than Arizona as well. Has had some of them on the books since 2005!!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Mexicans represent some 70%-80% of all Illegal immigrants.. It's not that they are "targeted" it's just that they are the overwhelming majority, the most vocal, and because of that the most widely seen and recognized.

And for those who apparently have little education like Wuk, Mexicans and "Latinos" do not have their own racial classification .. all Mexicans are either of Asian decent, or the majority who come to America are actually classified as Caucasian.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

And for those who apparently have little education like Wuk, Mexicans and "Latinos" do not have their own racial classification .. all Mexicans are either of Asian decent, or the majority who come to America are actually classified as Caucasian.

Rock, you are wrong on this one. The vast majority of Mexicans and Latinos, classify themselves as "Hispanic." It is a separate classification.

A few of the more proud ones I know associate themselves with Mayans or incans, and so they chose "American Indian" on the census. Seemed strange to me, but that is what they chose.

Now, you are correct that some choose caucasion, and if you watch Univision, you will see that most of them look caucasion on the tv shows and movies.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

How does it make them fake?
that doesnt make sense
u just made it up didnt you

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

No, I'm pretty much right?

Hispanic means "From Hispaniola" which is the Iberian Peninsula. SPAIN .. Hispanic by it's very nature screams "Caucasian"

Latino simply means "Speaking latin" or latin based language, such as Spanish, French, Portuguese, Romanian, Etc, etc... In English we simply say "Romantic Languages"

Mayans and other Indians are Asians. They do not have their own race. They have their own ethnicity sure, culture sure, race? No.

Most (60%+) are a hybrid mix of Asian/Caucasian .. Mestizo .. Caucasian holding the dominant genes, Caucasian features are far more prevalent, thus their classification.

Not liking Mexicans is not "Racism" you could get away with screaming xenophobia if you so choose.. but not Racism.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join