It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanctuary City Question Leaves Gibbs Stammering

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The Mouthpiece for the administration was once again stunned by a question.

The question posed by a young reported caught Mr. Gibbs offguard and was not able to generate a reply other than " Let me, umm, umm, the question, ummm, let me, find the answer, umm, I don't know the answer to that, umm, I will, get the answer, umm."

The administration has AZ chili peppers burning its most southern orifice while sanctuary cities who are known to be in violation of the laws and publicly announce themselves as sanctuary cities not suffer the Federal Wrath.

Basically, the Federal authorities are trying to fight against the AZ law by stating it hinders the Federal Enforcement efforts, yea right.

How are the Federal Enforcement efforts being hindered in Sanctuary Cities? - Such was the question posed by Jan Brewer and later asked by this young reporter for Mr. Gibbs to answer.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

A very excellent question.. That will never be answered, I think this just shows how freaking fake the Uber Liberals and this administration is.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Ohhh Gibbs.... Quick someone ask him why the White House isn't trying to make an example out of Rhode Island's Immigration policies??

Well, that’s different from what Arizona is doing because, well, um … Arizona’s racist, or something. In fact, Rhode Island does exactly what Arizona belatedly decided to do, which is to get serious about immigration control and enforcing the law. The only difference is that Rhode Island began doing it before Barack Obama needed a distraction from a hugely unpopular ObamaCare bill and thought a fight over immigration would bolster Democrats in the midterms.

In 2008, Governor Donald L. Carcieri, a Republican, issued an executive order mandating immigration checks on all new state workers and ordering State Police to assist federal immigration officials.

Sitting in his office in an old farmhouse off a country highway, Doherty said the State Police had collaborated with federal immigration officials before, but the relationship has become more formal in recent years. In 2007, he said, he trained all state troopers in how to deal with noncitizens because of widespread confusion and because Congress did not resolve the issue of illegal immigration. Troopers learned to notify consulates when noncitizens are arrested, how to recognize different forms of identification, and how to deal with different cultures.

In 2009, Doherty took it a step further and enrolled in the 287(g) program, which designated four troopers as immigration task force agents to assist in investigating drug and human trafficking and other crimes.

They also help regular troopers report illegal immigrants to ICE. Troopers say the issue typically comes up during criminal investigations or when motorists don’t have driver’s licenses, and police need to verify their identities with the center in Vermont.

hotair.com...

Why is the WH playing games with our nation's freedom and safety?

BEWARE!! of a new race war that is slowly gathering steam under the sole guidance of a man who pledged to bridge gaps and promote bipartisanship. He promised change and is hell bent on reliving the mistakes of our past.

Give me a fluggin break!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

She asked a very good and fair question! Sanctuary cities should be punished for violating federal law, just like Obama and his cronies should be punished for not enforcing federal law and wanting to grant amnesty to those who are here illegally.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I am still perplexed as to why this guy is allowed to be a public speaker..... maybe he was the only one in this administration able to speak without a teleprompter....once in a while

Yet another stupid decision by Obama

Gibbs sounds like such a moron.

And whats up with that suit? Its hideous.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well since the DOJ filed this as their main argument that the AZ Illegal Immigration Laws hinder the enforcement of the Federal Authorities, they have yet to prove this as there are so many publicly recognized sanctuary cities still up. Philadelphia just recently joined this despicable list.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The whole scenario calls for mass civil unrest....period.....
facts are, they dont give a cayuse crap who they stir up....they just need the excuse and will enflame the situation here and there as needed to prod things along.
When they are sure they are ready, then certain flse flag ops will set off a race war and a class war thall give them a chance to trot out the very high tech anti personnel, but NONLETHAL weapons.
With the security of knowing they can see into buildings and through walls as well as the newer robotic helpers that have been comming down the pike, but we havent heard what happened to them for some time(likely in production or use already...in afghanistan iraq etc...
the new mind reading software, that coupled with a very fast computer, can scan many thousands of people per day virtually reading their minds by body language etc...
small matter to trigger measured responses automatically accrding to the software parameters no?
these machines placed startegically throughout a country would have the pulse of the whole poulace available in real time data for adjusting propaganda acordingly ...as well as screening countless targets fairly cheaply...
They dont care even about the lower ranks of their own people, and this will tell later on im sure...but i digress...but when the cops and the fbi agents and the rest of the men and women who give alliegance to these institutions loose all faith in them,(believe me this will happen....)
whowill mind the store when the ones who do now refuse to?
All thats left are the blackwater type mercinaries, and even orgs like that would be divided when the shtf.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
IF AZ loses this suit - which I doubt - the next thing that must happen afterwards is for multiple lawsuits to be filed against the "sanctuary cities" using the AZ court case as a precedent.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
IF AZ loses this suit - which I doubt - the next thing that must happen afterwards is for multiple lawsuits to be filed against the "sanctuary cities" using the AZ court case as a precedent.

I wholeheartedly agree. This frivolous lawsuit will go down in history as a shameful attempt by a corrupt government who uses its power to deny its own citizens safety and prosperity.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Originally posted by centurion1211

I wholeheartedly agree. This frivolous lawsuit will go down in history as a shameful attempt by a corrupt government who uses its power to deny its own citizens safety and prosperity.

EVERYONE knows that the ONLY reason this suit was filed by the obama administration was to pander to hispanic voters in a PATHETIC attempt to stave off huge losses in November.

The welfare of this country obviously means nothing to dems and they are just as obviously willing to sell out all of us in this attempt to try and retain some power.

[edit on 7/8/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I totally agree that the left have no interest in the nations well being. They will only hold dear their cause for mass enslavement at the cost of whoever stands in their way.

Though many on the left do not realize, Hispanics are very conservative minded folks. Though their kids may have been brainwashed with propaganda, many Hispanics are religion loving, gun owning, freedom seeking individuals. These very same properties make up the conservative party & tea party members.

The democrats are making every effort to woo those they can through divide and conquer, but they will get those who also like division instead of unity.

This administration and POTUS have proved one thing to be true, that we Americans no matter how Rich or Poor, Black or White & any colors in between, sick or healthy, young or old can come together in support of our founding fathers and the US Constitution. Though many in the Media and many members would like to have everyone believe that is not the case, but just look at the make up of the Tea Party to prove them wrong.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
AZ just needs to play the "national security" trump card right back in their face, like the feds always do to us.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

And whats up with that suit? Its hideous.

Its like an ugly girl standing next to an uglier girl to look good by comparison. Gibbs thought his suit was going to be the uglier girl, turns out it was still his answers to questions.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I tried for a while to get some more context on this video and the question, I couldn't. If we could find out who asked the question we can find out if she got the answer. I did however, find the transcript here.

MR. GIBBS: Likely. (Laughter.) You’ll probably hear about Joe Barton, too.

Yes, ma’am.

Q Thanks, Robert. First I’m going to put aside what you said about being a Dallas fan. I’m just going to pretend that didn't happen. (Laughter.) On another more important topic, one thing as you have mentioned several times today, the President directed Justice to look at the Arizona law because he doesn’t want a patchwork of state and local laws. But right now there are dozens of so-called sanctuary cities that have their own policies that might potentially conflict with federal law, something that's led Governor Brewer to say that if Arizona is in violation of federal law, then so are these localities. So my question is, why did the President only ask DOJ to look at Arizona and not everywhere?

MR. GIBBS: Yes, well, let me see if I can get -- I don't know the answer to that, but I will try to seek some answer on that.

While it's easy to jump on this as Gibbs stumbling through a question, if you bother to read some of this transcript you may find other instances where he didn't have the answer on hand.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Sanctuary cities remind me of stops along the underground railroad.

Slaves being persecuted and even killed in southern slave states fled to northern free states to escape.

I hope they all flee to these "sanctuary cities" and leave behind cities and states where it's just obvious that if your brown your not welcome.

Then, once a path to citizenship is established, these cities will reap the benefits of having a diverse multicultural population.

I have seen enough of the videos to know what it's really about, and it's not about them being illegal immigrants, it's about them being brown.

Gibbs didn't have a prepared answer for that question, it's not really surprising that he would stumble on such a question, it's quite the valid question that the reporter asked, but Gibbs dropped the ball on it.

[edit on 7/11/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

What are you talking about? He answered that question more truthfully than any other question he answered that day..

I prefer "uhh duh .. uh .. um .. well .. uh.. duh .. er.. "

To "We will look into that, next question"

The Progressives want nothing to do with helping or protecting Americans. It's about Big Business, destroying our borders, and spreading the wealth .. Fascist bastards.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Common Wuk .. you can do better than that .. why is it every Progressive cannot argue their point without resorting to some assbackwards logic revolving around slaves????

If you have to dredge racism into every single comeback it really shows the solidarity of the Progressive mission..

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I hope they all flee to these "sanctuary cities" and leave behind cities and states where it's just obvious that if your brown your not welcome.

Then, once a path to citizenship is established, these cities will reap the benefits of having a diverse multicultural population.

I have seen enough of the videos to know what it's really about, and it's not about them being illegal immigrants, it's about them being brown.

These might be some of the MOST ignorant statements I have ever read. Deny ignornace? Nope, you've embraced it as your new bride!

News flash! America HAS an ESTABLISHED path to citizenship - DUH! America also has one of the MOST diverse populations in the entire world, with white, yellow, brown and red people all living together peacably and in harmony. The difference is that most are here LEGALLY!

Prove me wrong! Show me just ONE piece of evidence that ANY law is made and passed in order to punish "Brown" people. Good luck!

On a final note, you're the same person crying and whining that anyone who disagrees with Obama is a racist. I've seen your rants. When devoid on intellectual input, you always result to the tired old "racism" rant. Give us all a break!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Sanctuary cities remind me of stops along the underground railroad.

Well there are multiple problems with that, the first being as has been posted here, a local municipality, supposedly according to the Executive branch, can't establish such laws. Secondly, once those "Free cities" get the influx of sanctuary looking illegals what will you say when they change their mind with all the extra baggage they bring? Added cheap workforce taking jobs from legal Philadelphia citizens, where currently about 11% are unemployed? www.... google.com/publicdata?ds=usunemployment&met=unemployment_rate&idim=county
S420950&dl=en&hl=en&q=philadelphia+unemployment

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Sorry neo cons, but it's the truth. This wasn't much of an issue till this administration came into office. But then the threat of a black man in office scared you all to death, you can't persecute black people anymore, so you went after what you all thought was a safe target, the Mexicans.

If the GOP wanted to actually fix this problem they would have done it when they were in power. But no, it wasn't really an issue then because the GOP was in charge and so everyone thought everything was hunky dory.

Put liberals in charge? The story changes, add someone with dark skin into the mix and the venom really starts to fly.

I know y'all are tired of hearing the race card, but you will stop hearing it when people ACTUALLY stop using race as a reason to persecute a people.

You know, like passing a law that targets one specific race of people over anyone else?

Like I said, I hope Latinos leave the southern states in droves and move to places where they can actually feel free and not be persecuted based on their skin color.

Hell, the lot of you are using the Neo Nazi playbook. There's even a thread around here where a bunch of you are praising Neo Nazis for what they are doing down in AZ, if this isn't a race issue, you would think that people wouldn't praise Neo Nazis.

[edit on 7/11/2010 by whatukno]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join