It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on in Korea?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Mods, please move this thread accordingly. Thanks

My question is what is going on in Korea? There hasn't been anything in the news for a few weeks.. Last I heard UN "condemed" NK asking them to play nicely with the South and there were additional troops deployed to both sides of the DMZ for added security.

Is NK really getting away with killing all those SK sailors? It's not if sanctions ever swayed them in the past...

Do they have ACTUAL proof of it being a NK torpedo or was the major investigation called off because of a deep conspiracy?...

Was the new Leader of NK put into power yet?....

What's Kim physical status? Do you believe he is ready to pass on and will it even matter?...

Sorry for all the questions, I just have 2 family members in SK teaching English to grade school students and since it's hard to reach them other than email, I'd figure I'd ask around here to see what's going on. 1 thing is for sure, there will not be another war on the pennisula anytime soon, thank God.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

You might be interested in this post regarding N.Korea.

Also:

In a pique over South Korea's reported contingency plan for dealing with a collapse of the North Korean government, Pyongyang warned today that it could cease all communications and talks with its Southern neighbor, the Associated Press reported (see GSN, Jan. 14).

In addition, North Korea's National Defense Commission threatened in a statement in the official Korean Central News Agency that "a retaliatory holy war will be launched to blow away the headquarters of South Korean authorities." - www.globalsecuritynewswire.org...

When Kim eventually pops his clog's you can be sure there will be major instability in the region as the government, the family and the military fight to fill the power vacuum that is left.

Not to mention the outside parties (Russia, China, USA, S.Korea) who are sure to gather like vultures and try and pick at the carcass.

new topics

join