It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.F. considers banning sale of pets except Fish.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
In Chinatown there is no such thing as an unwanted pet. You might want to avoid the chop suey though.
I actually admire the Chinese for their openness to different animals as food. Americans have some strange notions about what animals are "OK" to eat and which are not.
I still can't quite figure out what SF is trying to accomplish with this law, I highly doubt it will change the number of unwanted animals, which I DO consider a shame. Cats and dogs have been bred to be social animals and depend on us for companionship as well as necessities.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Except that private breeders are breeding large numbers of animals that are not needed.

Don't lump them all together like that. You are referring to what is commonly called 'puppy' mills or backyard breeders. Ironically some of the best most thought out animals come from small time breeders who have to put a lot of thought into which particular cross within the breed would produce an outstanding individual. Khemosabi, Secretariat, DD's Sundance legend.

I feel it's wrong to continually produce new animals simply because they are "rare" or "designer"

Are you brave enough to tell someone to adopt a child rather than have their own?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

So you wish to punish all those businesses and those who want make a pet purchase based on a neighbor whose dog wanted to escape?

So you have absolutely no concern for animals just humans who make a living off of exploiting their sale?

Did this dog use twitter, instant message, sms, or any other communications to signal is desire to escape?

Why yes it did, it used the power of it's legs to escape every chance it could, and used the power of it's mouth to bite it's real owner and growl at it's real owner when ever the real owner would show up to collect the dog.

Clearly a pattern here is emerging of someone who does not actually understand that animals can communicate, and sees them as inferior forms of life.

Animal abuse is no laughing matter and most pet stores are notorious for selling dogs and cats that have worms, and other often much more serious medical problems.

You are tragically uninformed in regards to what you seem to see as simply a liberal anti-business, anti-exploitation issue.

If the neighbors' dog was a male, was there a female dog in the vicinity in heat?

No offense but the neighbor's dog had greater annalytical and problem solving skills than the one's you are attempting to employ.

Though some of my questions might be satirical, not all owners & businesses are malicious and pets are considered more than pets, they are treated like family.

Many slave breeders and owners said the same thing!

Owners are in the business of profiting period.

If their intentions were noble they would not be profiting off of them, see how that works?

Being brought into a human and often dysfunctional family is not in fact what nature intented for these creatures.

Not only are many abused, many are abandoned, and left in dire circumstances when they are, which is why I had to get up half way through this post to answer a meow at the door and kick out a can of food to a four legged extortionist who unlike hundreds of feral cats in the neighborhood does not know how to hunt for itself after some 'well intentioned family' abandoned it to it's own devices.

It comes to my door of it's own freewill just like the neighbor's dog and is permitted to go at it's own freewill and act in accordance with it's natural nature.

Pet's like slaves are trained for a reason, that reason being the selfish desire of the owner to have something fit the mold that pleases the owner.

Your arguments are poorly thought out, and are entirely self serving ones, that consider only human rights over animal rights.

No wonder the Powers that Be have such an easy time turning people into free range economic slaves!

[edit on 8/7/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
When will S.F. do something about the homeless people that do their business all over the sidewalks?

Turd-a-roni, the San Francisco treat.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Proto,

I totally agree with you, I just wish my cats word afford me the same luxury. More often than not I feel like I'm being taken advantage of and I'm pretty sure they have the better end of this deal

Cat's are much more adept at maintaining some independence of thought and freewill than dogs.

Feral cats are one of the most prodigious and sucessful life forms there are in the wild.

However even a cat that has been domesticated is still then hostage to that domestication, they become just as dependent on Purina as we do cell phones and cars, and the supermarkets that sell the Purina and the corporations that give many of us jobs to be able to afford to buy the Purina.

As humans we have a tremendous problem when it comes to respecting natures order, and part of our desire to master nature and defy it's order is domesticating animals we consider inferior to ourselves and having less right to a free and natural existence.

Which makes sense in a perverted way since few humans live a free and natural existence and have come to see this as preferrable.

Good luck with your four legged friends.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Pet's like slaves are trained for a reason, that reason being the selfish desire of the owner to have something fit the mold that pleases the owner.

I guess anyone who is trained for any reason or complete any task would be considered a slave and the trainer be considered a slave master. Do you have any kids by the way? How is the training going?

Your arguments are poorly thought out, and are entirely self serving ones, that consider only human rights over animal rights.

Like another poster mentioned, you want to fight for animal rights. Go complain to the zoos, circuses, and aquariums. People who have pets don't consider them pets, they consider them family.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

A rose is a rose is a rose by any other name. What people want to imagine an animal that they kidnapped and altered it's natural nature is, is simply designed to assuage their own guilt of this crime and to absolve themselves from the guilt of doing so, by creating an illusion.

Yes part of parenting is indoctrinating your children into the social perspectives and attitudes that make them servants of the corporate state and religious institutions.

It's all black and white when you aren't inclined to make silly and nonsensical excuses for it.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
animal slaves i still don't get your logic....they should happy we don't eat them thats what happens to most animals its what other animals do to them selves(the eating not opening up pet shops)the carnivorous ones at least and the reason they do that is because its in there nature just like its in our human nature to eat other creatures as well as plants veggies etc.vegans vegiterians can say what they want but we got the teeth to eat meat and leafs and ill try to find the link but i remember reading something saying the only reason our brains evolved to the level there at now is because we stuffed our faces with the fattest foods we could find (ie bone marrow) ill go look for the link
wont defend puppy mills but i will defend breeders especially as it seems you only have a problem with them getting money for it whats so bad about making some profit for your work. agreed the greedy smucks are part of the problem but there is greed everywhere but until we get a star trek like economy and even problay still then the greedy will ruin it for the rest

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

animal slaves i still don't get your logic....they should happy we don't eat them

Really should they be happy 'we don't eat them'?

In many nations dogs, cats and horses are on the menu 24/7/365.

Yet clearly you too see them as inferior beasts who live in a human dominated world and should be 'grateful' for being spared to a life time of servitude and captivity by people who interact with them often in ways that they would be challenged to do the same with their fellow human.

We all I am sure know dysfunctional people who are so codependent on their pets for companionship, because of a inability to healthily interact with humans, they even get their pets designated legally as 'service animals' so they can take them into restaurants and supermarkets and other places because they can't cope with the world without their pet.

Not seeing your argument at all!

Thanks.

[edit on 8/7/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join