Conservative views that do not make much sense

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

I hate to tell you but the people the liberals have elected want exactly the same things.

WAR--BAILOUTS---CENSORSHIP---LARGE GOVERNMENT----LESS FREEDOMS---BIG BUSINESS

We used to have a two party system now it is a dog and pony show. It is time to see this for what it is.
THEY ARE THE SAME. All the petty arguments are for us to talk about they are on the same exact page.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
We have military industrial complex corporates interest banker interest dont care about average Joe puppet A calling him or her self a Republican .

OR military industrial complex corporates interest banker interest dont care about average Joe puppet B calling him or her self a Democrat .

Why all the infighting ?

2012 President ballot simplified

Sock Puppet A ___
Sock Puppet B ___

Both controlled by the same groups only difference is whos backside gets kissed more bankers wall street oil men or some other corporation .

Bottom line average Joe and Average main street business gets the shaft .

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
Conservatives seem to be making a big stink over illegal immigration and the budget deficit. Yet their views on these subjects seem to conflict with core beliefs.

Actually, if you are speaking solely about the Republican platform, as in the official viewpoint of the Republican party and not the lone wackos that choose to spout off whatever suits their fancy, they are definitely not contradicting themselves.

Conservatives are big on having few regulations and allowing free markets to work things out, yet they take a contrary view when it comes to illegal immigration laws. Illegal immigration laws are regulatory in nature just like SEC regulations or EPA regulations. It seems that conservatives would favor relaxing immigration laws and allowing labor markets to work themselves out, but they do not.

First, you need to learn the difference between illegal immigration and immigration as a whole. The current fight is about illegal immigration and the Republican party has made themselves quite clear:

The Federal Government should start enforcing the laws already in existence instead of merely turning a blind eye as if it doesn't exist. They also, largely, favor Arizona's efforts and feel it is necessary since they are at a crisis point and the Federal Government continues to ignore the problem.

In terms of immigration reform, they are not as a whole opposed to immigration reform, they are however opposed to simply rewarding those here illegally with citizenship.

Democrats and Republicans do differ on what they feel immigration reform should entail, however, the main point I believe you were referring to was illegal immigration.

Conservatives are big into fiscal responsibility and balanced budget. Currently, the biggest budget breakers on the federal level are: social security, medicare, and the military. Conservatives do not want to cut any of these.

Not true at all. Republicans want to cut Social Security and Medicare since they are fully aware that at our current levels, levels which continue to grow, we can no longer sustain these programs. Their "official position" does get a little fuzzy, because as soon as people hear "cuts", they freak out.

The bottom line of their position however is that there is not enough money for it to continue to be paid out as it is now.

Sadly, they are right. We are currently paying out more than we are bringing in for these funds. Running in the red is obviously not long-term fiscal responsibility. I'm not saying cuts are the only answer, but we have to get back in the black -- or at least have a plan that puts us in the black some point soon.

For comparison, here's the Democrat's official viewpoint:

Democrats believe that after a life of hard work, you earn a secure retirement. Our commitment to protecting the promise of Social Security is absolute.

Democrats also recognize that Americans rely on more than just Social Security for a secure and dignified retirement. Democrats will continue to fight for genuine pension reform that protects employees’ financial security from future Enron-style abuse. We also want to work on new ways to help hard-working Americans create retirement savings.

www.democrats.org...

This is not to say Democrats or liberals are perfect. They have their issues, too. But I have yet to hear a conservative reconcile these positions.

No party is perfect.

I've yet to find someone I personally know that agrees with everything any party says or wants to do. This is why many of us are calling for the end to the two-party system.

It's broken. It's corrupt.
Neither has the answer entirely and if they don't start working together, we are the only ones going to continue paying the price. Literally.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Its really not that hard to reconcile any of those issues. Regarding military spending and border enforcement, conservatives believe that one of the primary duties of the federal government is to provide for strong national security, which includes securing the borders. In that context, a conservative can easily justify those positions as a matter of political ideology. Its a little more difficult when you consider that the US has been subsidizing much of western world's defense for the last several decades and not just our own.

Medicare and social security? Yes, it would be nice to just cut these budget busters, but its not quite so simple in practice. Most people will have paid tens of thousands of dollars into these two programs by the time they reach retirement age. Do you just screw those people out of their money? That's not really an option, is it? The only way to deal with it is to slowly phase it out over time, ensuring that current retirees and mid/late career workers will not lose any of the benefits that they've been promised in exchange for the large sums of money they were forced to pay into the system over the course of their lives.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by rusethorcain

So liberals are leeches.

LOL

Nice analogy.

Works for me.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Liberals ARE leeches but even parasites in nature have to work hard to survive.
The analogy isnt about what an organism (or more correctly a society) does to survive but how efficiently it does so. Liberals arae all about not doing the work but expecting a reward, no such thing in nature. To liberals theft is the most efficient method of aquisition. To conservatives, it is to keep what they've earned themselves.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Most Conservatives I know, (including myself) are big proponents of law and order. So being opposed to ILLEGAL Immigration makes perfect sense.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Liberal ideas that don’t make sense…..

You kill un born babies

You want to keep the boarders open.

You don’t want anyone to own a gun but the government. NOT A GOOD IDEA!

You like to spend other people’s money and call it taxing but when it
comes to your own you have a hard time parting from it

You believe you can talk terrorists out of their ways

You hate America

I sometimes think you hate yourself so you make rules for everyone to be miserable.

You believe in the nanny state.

And you hate us solders.

There’s a lot more but I got to run.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by camaro68ss]

Liars anonymous meeting today?

rusethorcain: "My name is rusethorcain, and I'm a liberal."

Audience" "Hi, rusethorcain".

rusethorcain: "Can I have some of your money?"

"Nice" to call someone a liar with a one line post just because you don't agree - not.

Unfortunately, a liberal point of view we see all too often - that also doesn't make much sense.

[edit on 7/8/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta

You kill un born babies

A baby has been born. If it's unborn, then it isn't a baby.

Strawman. Who wants them completely open?

You don’t want anyone to own a gun but the government.

Another strawman.

Yet another strawman. I believe liberals are fine with more taxes on themselves so long as it doesn't go to the trillion or so wasted on Iraq & Afghanistan.

Strawman. Please, give us specific instances where this is true.

You hate America

And you hate what it actually stands for.

And you hate us solders.

Again, need proof - both for the claim that liberals hate soldiers, and the claim that you yourself are one. At least we know how to spell "soldier."

[edit on 7/8/10 by mothershipzeta]

Strawmen?

You simply haven't been listening to your own liberal candidates and now elected leaders.

For proof, YOU simply need to read, watch, or listen to any of the SCM (state controlled media) spouting liberal dogma.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
When 'conservative' was redefined as using unborn baby robbing National credit cards to launch adventurist invasions into non-threat countries for imaginary things,

It is a bit like living in a Salvador Dali painting isn't it?

Completely sureal.

Dorothy, you have just stepped out of the safety zone called reality & into neocon psycho-fantasyland.

And how is it a so-called conservative doesn't want to conserve & preserves our forest & other national resources & treasures?

They aren't conservatives at all,
they are kookie, rabid SUICIDAL homicidal reactionaries.

They are very dangerous to everyone.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

You kill un born babies

You hate America

I sometimes think you hate yourself so you make rules for everyone to be miserable.

And you hate us solders.

Liars anonymous meeting today?

rusethorcain: "My name is rusethorcain, and I'm a liberal."

Audience" "Hi, rusethorcain".

rusethorcain: "Can I have some of your money?"

"Nice" to call someone a liar with a one line post just because you don't agree - not.

Unfortunately, a liberal point of view we see all too often - that also doesn't make much sense.

Ok here is your way...

My name is centurion and I am a soldier. I fight who ever wants to take anything away from me and everyone wants to take my things. There is not enough of everything to go around and since I was here first I want to make sure nothing that could go to me, goes to them.
I do not have enough of the things I need. I never have enough. I think there are things that should be going to me but aren't.
Where is all the money going? Is it because Raytheon is selling the military 10 cent drill bits for $100 each and we are multiplying that by ten thousand or is it going to feed this stranger my rice. It is the stranger eating my rice.

No it is not because there are those I put in charge, even more selfish than I am taking it from me and blaming my next door neighbor. It must be that lousy neighbor who is making my life miserable.
I am against a liberal education. Teach only what those kids NEED to know. I want no part of "evolution" and all that garbage.
Why can't we go back to the days when we could take a switch to those kids? You saw some learning then by God.

They are trying to take my gun and I need my gun because Lord knows no one is listening to what I am saying. This is how I talk...with this gun.
I have actually forgotten how to get anything unless it is by force.
I am a conservative and I want to conserve my right to kill who ever and what ever I want for whatever reasons I think make sense.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

That's perfect!

Couldn't have said it better myself - well almost ...

Have we met before?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

You kill un born babies

You hate America

And you hate us solders.

What a crock of crap

Can I try? I will stay true to your methods

You want women to give birth to the children their rapists conceived

You want to increase the authority and scope of government to deal with illegals. nanny
nanny...

You want a bar full of drunk men to walk around with assault riffles, NOT A GOOD IDEA!

You like to let corporations run wild so that they fund, corrupt and grow the government you hate.

You believe you will stop terrorism by dropping bombs

You hate America, you talk about ending it all the time

Drill baby Drill
- hows that shiz working out,,, mate?

You hate the nanny state, but never seem to dismantle it... don't have the SACK to do squat when your boys are in power

You love the soldiers so much you spirit on their entrance into BS big government oil/ MIC tax payer raping wars.

Might add, you hate government so much you supported the largest expansion of government authority and scope in modern history, but I do like YOUR patriot act, very convincing.

There’s a lot more but I got to go out with your lady, when I bring her back I'm not going to give you back your broad brush, but thanks for sharing, she's nice

V

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Well your so bright you don't even realize that the conservatives around here disparage
your neo conservative, brand of conservation.

All chicken and no hawk

terror terror terror

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

I hate to tell you but the people the liberals have elected want exactly the same things.

WAR--BAILOUTS---CENSORSHIP---LARGE GOVERNMENT----LESS FREEDOMS---BIG BUSINESS

We used to have a two party system now it is a dog and pony show. It is time to see this for what it is.
THEY ARE THE SAME. All the petty arguments are for us to talk about they are on the same exact page.

It so true, I think you guys are going to get the same thing when you throw my savior out. Then this will flip again and la di la...

ITs a great set up isn't it?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
What a crock of crap

Can I try? I will stay true to your methods

You want women to give birth to the children their rapists conceived

its not the babys falt. but i guess it should die???

You want to increase the authority and scope of government to deal with illegals. nanny
nanny...

The original constatution states its clear and that is one of only a few things the goverments has a rights to do. they are to pretect the boarder and its citizens.

You want a bar full of drunk men to walk around with assault riffles, NOT A GOOD IDEA!

i dont know where you pulled this from. i most not live in the same town as you.

You like to let corporations run wild so that they fund, corrupt and grow the government you hate.

You believe you will stop terrorism by dropping bombs

it stoped japan and germany in ww2

You hate America, you talk about ending it all the time

Dont know what you are talking about again. we dont hate america. but the goverment is to big. this is a republic! i belive in states rights!

Drill baby Drill
- hows that shiz working out,,, mate?

it would work great but you dont let us drill. you force us off land and into un charted waters where it is un safe to drill and cost big bucks. BP

You hate the nanny state, but never seem to dismantle it... don't have the SACK to do squat when your boys are in power

Bush was a bad leader. i hope you are not refering to him? he is not a conservative true conservatives would be doing this but we dont have any in power at the moment

You love the soldiers so much you spirit on their entrance into BS big government oil/ MIC tax payer raping wars.

umm if any of these wars were for oil dont you think gas prices would go down. i think you lost that one

Might add, you hate government so much you supported the largest expansion of government authority and scope in modern history, but I do like YOUR patriot act, very convincing.

again bush was not a true conservative, he was more of a liberal. you know the side you love so much, kinda bashing yourself because bush was a liberal with a R by his name.

True conservatives belive in small goverment, states rights, gun rights, non nanny states, and small budgets. yes defence is a must and that is one of the things the goverment is alowed to do under the constution including boarders.

There’s a lot more but I got to go out with your lady, when I bring her back I'm not going to give you back your broad brush, but thanks for sharing, she's nice

why do you have to say hateful fighting works like that. how old are you?

Im sorry for any spelling errors. im the worst speller in the word but so were many of our great leaders.

Thanks,
Camaro

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Conservatives are big into fiscal responsibility and balanced budget. Currently, the biggest budget breakers on the federal level are: social security, medicare, and the military. Conservatives do not want to cut any of these.

You should think for yourself instead of echoing Liberal whines and rants about 'what Conservatives want.'

Your opinion of 'what Conservatives want' has little basis in reality and sounds more like what DailyKos or HuffPo would have you believe.

Ever think about looking at what true Conservatives are actually saying?

Paul Ryan, Republican of Wisconsin and ranking member of the House Budget Committee, introduced his “Roadmap for America’s Future,” version 2.0, in January. (He proposed his first Roadmap in 2008.) President Barack Obama called it a “serious proposal” when he dropped in on the House Republican retreat.
www.bloomberg.com...

Yet, despite real Conservative proposals, you decide to make some up. What fraud. This is exactly the "straw man" approach Obama uses and endorses - ignore facts and make up the oppositions positions for your audience.

What do Conservatives like Ryan and his 12 co-sponsors want? You have no idea, so let's see:

Compared with the current fiscal crash-and-burn trajectory, the plan reduces deficits and debt, putting the federal budget on a sustainable path; results in stronger per-capita economic growth; puts Medicare and Social Security on a sound footing; and lowers health-care expenses while reducing the number of uninsured.

And that’s not Congressman Ryan talking. That’s the assessment of the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office, which gave the Roadmap a test drive and found that it performed well.

Oops! The CBO believes the Conservative "Roadmap" has sound financial support? One wouldn't know that from the BS being spouted by Liberals who claim they know what conservative Americans want or believe. (look up "propaganda" to see what Lib/Dems/Progs are doing)

Ryan calls his Roadmap a prosperity plan .... Anyone 55 and older will remain in the existing Medicare and Social Security programs. For those under 55, benefits will be means-tested and health-adjusted: The poor and sick will get more than the wealthy and healthy. Even an individual’s initial Social Security benefits would be “progressive,” with more generous wage-indexing retained for low-income workers. The retirement age would increase gradually, as it should with longer life expectancy.

The truth is about 180 degrees from what you would have others think. Your OP is founded upon a false premise of what YOU believe,rather than the facts.

What motivated you to post what you believe rather than a readily-found fact?

How about real reform of SSI and health care?

What’s more, individuals would have the option of investing a portion of their payroll taxes in personal-retirement accounts that they can pass along to their heirs.

Those qualifying for Medicare would be given a voucher to purchase health insurance, letting market forces create competition and lower costs.

The same goes for Ryan’s “patient-centered health-care reform.” Increased transparency would let consumers of health care get a better sense of what things cost and what they’re getting for their money -- before they get sick. The Roadmap provides a refundable tax credit and eliminates the tax exemption for employer-based health care.

Doesn't sound anything like what you claim to be conservative positions, does it? Why make up lies when the truth is there to see?

What do Conservatives really say about taxes and fiscal reform?

The best part of Ryan’s plan relates to taxes. Taxpayers would get to choose between filing their taxes the old-fashioned way (devoting endless hours to complying with or gaming the tax code, or paying someone else to do it for you); or they can file their return on a post-card equivalent, paying one of two flat rates with virtually no deductions or exemptions. I know which one I’d choose.

The Roadmap would eliminate the alternative minimum tax and replace the corporate tax with an 8.5 percent business consumption tax, making the U.S. more competitive globally and spurring faster growth.
www.bloomberg.com...

Oh, my! This is what you should have posted in the OP, instead of make-believe paper tigers to be torn down by your cohorts and acolytes.

Again, why make up lies and distortions instead of positing the facts?

Oh. I get it. "Facts" don't aid the Liberal agenda.

You will find that you lose credibility by presenting warped opinion as fact, as do all of the supporters who jump in to say 'Yeah, me too!'

Face the truth. The Liberal agenda is morally and fiscally bankrupt; no attempted perversion of Conservative thought will make a difference. You are only preaching to a deaf, deluded choir.

deny ignorance

jw

[edit on 9-7-2010 by jdub297]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

reply by jdub279
You should think for yourself instead of echoing Liberal whines and rants about 'what Conservatives want.' Your opinion of 'what Conservatives want' has little basis in reality and sounds more like what DailyKos or HuffPo would have you believe.

I am sorry jdub279, but I don't think you know what conservatives want either.
You apparently are not up on Glenn Becks ass-inine comments but this is precisely the blatant hypocritical ideology that perpetuates his voter block. And I do mean block.

Actually many of them WANT to dismantle those SOCIAL programs (and funnel the money back into defense where they can more easily skim it off the top without anyone noticing or caring)... but none of them has the spine to say it aloud for fear of losing the elder vote.

They pander to who HAS the money (Big Corporate America, Big Pharma and the Industrial Military Complex) and all those who want to make more of it, (regardless of risk) and to hell with anyone else - to hell with our drug dependent population, with their own bottom rung factory workers or even the lives of our soldiers!
This means any war is a good war, no regulations on banks and big businesses at all. Let them do whatever they want as long as it increases the bottom line.

"Liberals" want big business to be accountable for safety precautions while CONSERVATIVES call this unnecessary spending!!!
The only thing the public hears is SPENDING and so the label of "big spenders" sticks like a tic in the heads of the simpleminded.

You know in Europe they require oil rigs to have 2 devices to stop the flow of oil if something should go wrong? Here that's called GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE in the free market OR NANNY STATE requirements.
Here in the US, GWB and Cheney decided that even one of those devices would cost too much and hurt the poor oil corporations bottom line -WHICH IS THEIR BOTTOM LINE....so here in America we had no safety measures in place to handle an accident.... but BP saved 100G's. Where do you suppose that 100G's is? In Bush and Cheney's pocket.
Tell this to the folks in Louisiana who are out of work now.
Was it worth it the savings?
Or should the administration have looked at the potential for disaster instead of the potential for profits?

This is the conservative viewpoint...DON'T SPEND MONEY NOW...we don't care how much it might save later...the election is today and today is all that matters in politics right? Screw the long term, we'll all be dead.
Liberals on the other hand think of our children and our future and they would require those safety precautions regardless of the cost. This is why liberals are labeled THE FRIVOLOUS SPENDERS!!! Because IF nothing disastrous happens - each and every safety precaution could be considered frivolous. Liberals don't have the faith and trust the GOP has in companies like BP. Liberals won't protect them even when BP tries to bribe them...Conservatives BEND, BREAK and finally run with the money.

It is preposterous and outrageous the way conservatives will spin words around so the actual meaning versus the perception is skewed in the reverse. (And they waste millions in campaign contributions on PR people to invent this doublespeak for them) Peacekeeper is a bomb.
"Right to life" is a euphemism that removes a woman's freedom and rights to her own life and body away completely....a WOMAN (a free and independent US citizen) already here and born, is prohibited from having her doctor end a conception to preserve an ideology.

Why? An unwanted child, born in poverty and desperation is very likely destined to become a soldier....and lord knows the world needs more soldiers so abortion is withheld as an option for women. Do you think anti-abortion legislation is about mercy, a life, a soul, or a tiny child?
Don't be naive. It is a mathematical calculation. Yeah I said it...
If all children are wanted, happy, healthy and well educated...WHERE WILL WE GET THE SOLDIERS?
A woman home strapped with a child is not out taking a mans job either.
Believe me, this political faction has been at this game (making slaves of an unsuspecting public) for thousands of years. They have it down.

Why do you think neo-cons routinely bash health care, teachers and education?
It is in their best interest to keep "we the people" a little sickly (sick people can't fight) and a lot ignorant, of their own self promoting and aggrandizing agenda (who would even believe a plutocracy is concealed in a democracy called a republic???) It is too preposterous, but true.
And they will (like Hitler did very well) make sure to instill a fear factor which keeps the people's justifiable anger wrongly misdirected and focused on the minority du jour - even if they need to hire Glen Beck or Rush Limbaugh to get up on a soapbox with a megaphone to do it.
Good trick huh?
They are the enemy my friend. No minority has their power. We would be living in a Utopian state if this established elitist class (read; Heritage Foundation) did not want everything there is and then some more reserved only for themselves.
This is no new trick. It is a very old, tried and true method of control and domination...so, wake up. Snap out of it.

When LIBERALS spend money (do the background check) it is typically to somehow save, protect or improve the quality of lives. Women die in pregnancy every day - few if any are lost due to a termination. When conservatives spend it is to take lives.
We all love our military.
Liberals want our fighting men and women reasonably safe and not out killing themselves randomly so Dick Cheney can get a hold of Mideast oil rights.
We want them cared for physically and mentally when they return from war and not left as homeless beggars on the street where sadly many do end up.
Meanwhile conservatives mock those social programs that take them off the street. Conservative mentality is "suck it up, soldier" do you need your nanny now?

No cap on big polluters.
These corporations ante up big bucks and perks like box seats at the game so elected CONSERVATIVES will take the corporations side against the people living in the area around the polluting facility.
Even though it is a dirty thankless job that pays nothing only LIBERALS can be depended on to support the local people and Unions, against these giant air polluting, water poisoning, planet killing mega corporations.

Say KRAFT is making microwave popcorn and some of the workers are dropping like flies because of the work conditions, they are getting hydrogenated fat globules in their lungs which literally solidifies the lungs - they are dying. Conservatives don't bat an eye.
This is part of the risk you take to make a profit (and that is all anything is about with them -they worship dollars over lives)...

...However, LIBERALS and the Unions say, "yes we want money and profits like everyone else because it helps feed our hungry families BUT WE WOULD RATHER STARVE THAN SEE SOMEONE DIE TO GET IT FOR US"....though it may cost this corporation a little more, spend the money and save the lives.
Conservative are not unduly bound by their conscience.
On the sidelines they immediately start whining about govt. regulations, profit loss and "nanny states" protecting these workers and they take their case to Glen Beck who for a few bucks will roll out the flag and the piccolo and wear a funny hat to tout their cause. Though he will never mention the deaths.

That in a nutshell is the difference between a liberal and a conservative.
a. Liberals value life and give people enough credit (or rope) to make their own personal choices.
b. Conservative want total control over that life -
For women - they claimed for years women did NOT even deserve the same pay as a man for the same job. For women and girls they even dictate what MUST be done with the fetus growing inside their own womb.
For men, it is already decided they WILL (since higher education is a luxury few can afford) join the workforce as a grunt, or go to war and have their basic needs met that way, as a soldier. So you might die...hey you still have your pride and that is what they count on. Your bravery. Your willingness to make things right. Things will never be right. The deck is and has always been stacked against you.

This while sons of the elite and privileged become instant officers or pursue careers on the golf and tennis court if they have any talent - if not they might join daddy's financial firm, trading commodities, devising hedge funds and figuring whole new ways to divide the unwashed masses from their hard earned savings through various financial frauds and schemes like ENRON. (These peons don't need their savings anymore anyway having worked themselves to near death already) Meanwhile their daughters are encouraged simply to marry well and try not to sully the family name.

And these same "people" will stare you right in the eye and call this "free market capitalism" and themselves patriots.

Beware the wolves. They ask your participation and invite you to prepare yourselves for a feast. They will never tell you - YOU ARE the main course.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I am sorry jdub279, but I don't think you know what conservatives want either.

I never professed to, unlike you and the OP and your kin.

I did, however, post a link to an analysis of the "Roadmap" filed by a conservative and 12 co-sponsors and acknowledged by your lord and master as being worthy of serious consideration.

Where are all your facts?

You post slanted opinion as if it were gospel rather than deal in reality.

many of them WANT to dismantle those SOCIAL programs ... but none of them has the spine to say it aloud for fear of losing the elder vote.

Read the Roadmap, it clearly states a fiscally responsible approach to SSI and other social welfare programs.

Lib/Dem/Progressives simply act as if there's no problem while they dip into these "lockbox" funds, stealing elders' contributions to fund their new and improved social engineering and redistributive policies.

They pander to who has the money (Big Corporate America, BigPharma and the Industrial Military Complex) and who wants to make more of it, to hell with anyone else - including a drug dependent population, their own bottom rung factory workers or the lives of our soldiers!

Have you missed the FACT that BHO was the largest recipient of Big Corporate campaign funds? BP, AIG and Goldman-Sachs broke all records with their contributions to Obama's campaign! Talk about a sell-out? Obama PROMISED to accept public funding, then abandoned it when big corporate money was dangled under his nose. Just look at Treasury, the Fed and his "economic advisors." Goldman couldn't have a bigger friend or footprint in government.

Pure hypocrisy.

This means any war is a good war, no regulations on banks and big businesses at all.

Wasn't it Chris Dodd and Tim Geithner who decided to sneak bonuses to GS et al in the second tranch of bank bailouts? Wasn't it Barney Frank and Dodd who determined that lending regulations should be relaxed or eliminated to increase mortgage eligibility and the growth of sub-prime lending?

So, you fault those who saw the folly of such give aways and bet against them with CDOs and other derivatives? What's wrong with calling a spade a spade? The bankers who made money on these "bets" recognized that Frank, Dodd, Raines, et al were subscribing to a formula guaranteed to fail. No different than "shorting" stock of a company whose management is driving it into the ground.

"Liberals" want big business to be accountable for safety precautions while CONSERVATIVES call this unnecessary spending!!!

An unsafe workplace or industry does not make money. Your argument flies in the face of reality and logic.

The only thing the public hears is SPENDING and so the label of "big spenders" sticks like a tic in the heads of the simpleminded.

The label is appropriate and well-deserved.

You know in Europe they require oil rigs to have 2 devices to stop the flow of oil if something should go wrong? Here that's called GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE in the free market OR NANNY STATE requirements.

You know in Europe they pay the equivalent of $7.00/gal for petrol.

Here in the US, GWB and Cheney decided that even one of those devices would cost too much and hurt the poor oil corporations bottom line -WHICH IS THEIR BOTTOM LINE....so here in America we had no safety measures in place to handle an accident.... but BP saved 100G's. Where do you suppose that hundred G's is?

Bush and Cheney did no such thing - PROVE IT.
Much of the $100Gs went to Obama's campaign.

Tell this to the folks in Louisiana who are out of work now.

They can thank Obama's embargo on offshore work that was already approved by his admin., found safe by his admin., and underway. 30,000 jobs down the tubes for nothing more than politics. 2 Federal Courts and 3 Federal judges have already said this was unlawful.

Or should the administration have looked at the potential for disaster instead of the potential for profits?

In April, BHO declared that offshore rigs were inherently safe and NOT prone to problems. In January, BHO agreed that offshore and deepwater drilling were necessary to supplement domestic production.

It is preposterous the way conservatives will spin words around so the actuality versus the perception is skewed. (they spend millions of campaign contributions on the PR people who invent this doublespeak for them)

Thus far, it is the liberals who have distorted the truth. Obama's record belies his posturing. He opposed the surge and Petraeus in Iraq, now praises them (and takes credit for them) in Afghanistan; he sought to filibuster Alito, but decries opposition to his statist/marxist/socialist nominees, czars and appointees; he whines about partisanship, but set the Senate record with 95% party-line voting. The list goes on.

Why do you think they routinely bash healthcare, teachers and education?

Waste, fraud, union greed and self-interest at the expense of their obligations.

It is in their best interest to keep the people a little sickly (sick people can't fight) and a lot ignorant

This is just foolish.

As for ignorance, THAT is a product of the union-controlled public education disaster. Even Obama recognized it with new programs, all of which have been opposed by teachers' unions despite proven success. Pure self-interst, typical of liberal group-think and union self preservation.

These corporations ante up big bucks and perks like box seats at the game so elected CONSERVATIVES will take THEIR side against the people living in the area around the polluting facility.

You mean like Dodd's sweetheart mortgage deals from Countrywide (bailed out by liberals) or Rangel's many subsidized apartments, tax-free vacations and vacation homes, and self-dealing?

Liberals value life and give people enough credit (or rope) to make their own personal choices.
b. Conservative want total control over that life -

What a hypocritical statement! Value life? You just spent half the post justifying abortion and war.

Didn't you also just argue that Conservatives are AGAINST government control?

Typical liberal double-speak and schizophrenia. Where do the "nanny state" complaints come from? Liberal meddling in personal choices!

If I granted you a little credibility at the beginning, it is now gone - your post is just a rant without basis in fact.

deny ignorance

jw

[edit on 9-7-2010 by jdub297]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Why don't you and your ilk (to imitate your tendency to group people all together) get that name calling, poo pooing, attacking me or anyone here personally speaking their mind is not the answer to the nations dilemma?
And if you imagine I defended war you are reading wrong. I defend our soldiers - not anyone's war.
When you speak of Dodd and Rangle you are maligning men who happen to be democrats (human and as fallible as anyone) not policies that are literally corrupt such as the AZ law, for example. If you want to drag individuals into this how about Rumsfeld? Or Cheney and Halliburton? After all, what Dodd did does not kill wetlands, marine life, people or remove their way of life. We cannot say the same about either of those fellows now can we?
I am saying what I think of "conservatives" per se. I don't have to prove anything to you since this is my perception, got through a long life of paying attention, and reading between the lines as well as "the lines." To me it is all very real and accurate.
As real and accurate as your arguments and perceptions are to you.
Now why don't you use all your pent up frustration on a genuine enemy of the people instead of defending the defenseless and attempting to slander and disrespect your fellow Americans? This is my country too.

Here in the US, GWB and Cheney decided that even one of those devices would cost too much and hurt the poor oil corporations bottom line -WHICH IS THEIR BOTTOM LINE....so here in America we had no safety measures in place to handle an accident.... but BP saved 100G's. Where do you suppose that hundred G's is?

Bush and Cheney did no such thing - PROVE IT.

OK...
Leaking Oil Well Lacked Safeguard Device
online.wsj.com...

The oil well spewing crude into the Gulf of Mexico didn't have a remote-control shut-off switch used in two other major oil-producing nations as last-resort protection against underwater spills.
Industry consultants and petroleum engineers said that an acoustic remote-control may have been able to stop the well..
Rigs in Norway and Brazil are equipped with the remote-control devices, which can trigger the blowout preventers from a lifeboat in the event the electric cables connecting the valves to the drilling rig are damaged.
Industry critics cite the lack of the remote control as a sign U.S. drilling policy has been too lax. "What we see, going back two decades, is an oil industry that has had way too much sway with federal regulations," said Dan McLaughlin, a spokesman for Democratic Florida Sen. Bill Nelson. "We are seeing our worst nightmare coming true."
By 2003, U.S. regulators decided remote-controlled safeguards needed more study. A report commissioned by the Minerals Management Service said "acoustic systems are not recommended because they tend to be very costly."

www.kstatecollegian.com...

Energy and climate legislation is inching its way up the Congressional docket, and the first tangible effects of global warming and ecosystem collapse are waking us from our ignorant slumber. It’s widely agreed that the explosion was related to a cementing operation that BP and Halliburton operators had performed days previous. The purpose of the operation was to fill the space between the hole and pipe in order to stabilize the well and prevent leakages.
In 2007, the U.S. Minerals Management Service released a report that this technique was the single largest factor in Gulf of Mexico well blowouts since 1993, and was at least partially responsible for 18 of the last 39 blowouts. Halliburton, the cementing contractor for BP, used the technique on a Timor Sea rig that suffered a blowout last year. The former head of regulatory affairs for the U.S. Mineral Management Service, Elmer P. Danenberger, publicly stated the poor cement job was probably the blowout’s primary cause.

Why not quit with your tendency to make this argument personal and about individuals here while you valiantly (and ineffectually) protect the guilty?

If I granted you a little credibility at the beginning, it is now gone

BTW Your approval means as much to me as dolphins mean to Halliburton...exactly zilch.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Isn't it a controversy that a Conservative is also a Christian? Conservatives support capitalism but Christianity is a communist system.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join