It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanctions will not alter Iran nuclear programme: Ahmadinejad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
At the end of the day Iran's nuclear intentions are not clear and the actions against them are perfectly legitimate. They have not been transparent. I will rue the day Iran fields nuclear weapons and support any process which inhibits and disrupts Iranian intentions. If Ahmadinejad says that sanctions won’t stop Iran then I say slap on harder sanctions!

However, the key to sanctions is not the US who have little or no economic interests in Iran, but from the EU, China and Japan.

I know that it is trendy for some commentators on this Board to say “well if Israel have nukes then why can’t Iran have them” type of statement, but I say that two wrongs do not make a right and I would rather nuclear weapons were not in the hands of nut cases and fanatics.

Iran treats its citizens with contempt (look at their human rights record) so I doubt they will have any inhibitions when it suits to use the threat of nuclear Armageddon to further their own ends. Furthermore, a nuclear Iran would doubtlessly lead to an arms race in the Middle East as other nations seek to acquire the capability to balance power.

UN Sanctions

Sanctions against Iran

Regards

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

The getting paid bit was more of a tongue in cheek kind of joke. Obviously, you missed that and have to respond to it as if it were a serious point, which is fair...I didn´t expect any less from you.

To inform you some further, I am as much an Ahmadinejad supporter as I am an Obama supporter or a Netanyahu supporter. They are all politicians to me. I am not trying to show the good side of anyone to you, I am just informing you of more factors that come into play. Like...the people. That´s why I´m not defending a politicians stance against sanctions, I´m defending the peoples stance against the sanctions. F the politicians, they´re not the hungry people.

Did you completely miss the part where I pointed out that there are more ways to mess with an election than just rigging the results? Like, rigging the people.

Obviously you trust these newspapers enough for the truth. You don't care who owns these newspapers or who wrote the newspaperarticle you read. Don't you think that maybe I might have read those articles before?

And about that psychotic rant...please, you really are underqualified for the job

I could tell you more stories from real people instead of ill-translated propaganda newspaper articles...calling me psychotic

<< 1   >>

join