82 year old man faces 1st degree murder charges for defending his life and property.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
All of you people who are saying that property is not worth shooting someone over . . . can I have your addresses?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The man was perfectly legit in what he did. I'd do the same exact thing in his shoes, he'll walk.

You don't want to be shot for trespassing and grand theft auto? DON'T DO IT.

I feel absolutely no sympathy for these thieves. How dare any of you attempt to defend these criminals. You show us all exactly what is wrong with our society.

Laws are to protect the innocent not the criminals, sorry.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Mines is number 10 Downing Street, please whatever you do don't steal my fox tongue trophy, I had to brown nose aolt at university for that.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
geesh! 82 years old? the justice system is being fair and partial for him being eldrly and protecting his rights? supreme court needs to be torn down and re built.
I effin hate prosecutors with a passion. the reason..when i wa 19, i was caught lighting non exploding bottle rockets off my car windshield witha freind at late night. police wanted to book me under possession of a bomb, since in CT fireworks are illegal. i was in a holding cell, and called my father to come pick me up. whcih he did.
In court, my lawyer tried to plead witht he prosecutor, its his first offense, maybe financial contrabution..the prosecutor was being a total di$k saying NO all angry like, he committed a crime.
Meanwhile, the guy in front of me smooth talker was given 6 months rehabilitation for selling drugs. i acted professional while this guy acted all loose arms with signs at the judge, and not een the judge said anything to him.
My friend, the passneger got lucky. he sat in court all day till 4 30 pm, judge asked him why he was here an what for. i was caught with my friend on the bottle rocket charge* judge wanted to go simply dismissed him with a small fine and some 8 month rehabilitation thing he had to do.
It also truned out it was the judges birthday. my freind saw the door behind the judge open, epople wer back their and a large cake*

me..i ended up having to do 40 huors community service in a small nature center, cleaning up pig crap, picking thorns out of the ground where a bull that liked to charge people was, and use a large kachine that turned over the dirt in a field FULL of rocks
i ahve 8 months to 1 year to complete, which i did in like 3 months*
justice can be weird*

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Originally posted by DerekJR321

Thats really reaching. They tried to run him over. Perhaps he was protecting his own life?

Well, ya know, he probably got right in front of their vehicle to stop them. I highly doubt they tried to go out of their way to run him over, while pulling a trailer.

The guy was 82, not that he could have stopped them by getting in front of their getaway vehicle, so, instead he brings a gun.

Like somebody else pointed out, is a freaking trailer worth your life? I'd be highly upset with my 82 year old father for trying to get in the way, or, shoot at them! Especially in a busy neighborhood. More than the guy that got shot, could have been hurt, including the old man!

While it's sad this happened to the old man, I don't agree with an old fart running around in the street with a gun, either!

As a ex federal security officer i would have to disagree.
as soon as the thief tried to run the man down it becomes justifiable homicide.
I was trained to block escape routes with my patrol car and stay next to it.
Then if they drove at me i was clear to fire in self defence.

I later working at a mine had thieves try to escape when i had the road blocked.
When they saw i was armed with a AR15 they tried to escape by driving off road.
This got them caught because they wreaked there truck.
The cops ask why i did not shoot and i told them it was more fun to watch them wreak there truck.

Especially in a busy neighborhood.

I don't agree with an old fart running around in the street with a gun,

You are making a assumption, If they were leaving the property and the old man was in the way that would likely mean that the he would have been firing into his own property not into the street. plus no where in the story does it say the old man was on the street.
if your blocking someone from leaving your property with your property why would you run into the street.

If i was on the jury i would acquit on the facts.
one: they were a threat of death or great bodily injury by driving at the old man. justifiable homicide.
two: He was making a citizen's arrest for a crime he saw being committed on his property. The thieves then escalated to a threat of deadly force giving the old man cause to fire to protect him self.
three: They were stupid trying to get away from a armed homeowner.(i know it not a crime to be stupid but in cases like this it should be)

law in Colorado,
18-1-705 - Use of physical force in defense of premises.
A person in possession or control of any building, realty, or other premises, or a person who is licensed or privileged to be thereon, is justified in using reasonable and appropriate physical force upon another person when and to the extent that it is reasonably necessary to prevent or terminate what he reasonably believes to be the commission or attempted commission of an unlawful trespass by the other person in or upon the building, realty, or premises. However, he may use deadly force only in defense of himself or another.

It was the thieves that escalated the crime to cause deadly force to be needed. They could have stopped at any time and likely no one would have been shot.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I think people that say he is justified because "they tried to run him over" aren't really examining the facts of the case.

As I understand it, he was in his house and saw through his window someone attaching his trailer to their truck, he yelled that them to stop and they sped away. He fired at the truck as it sped away.

At what point did he get in front of the truck?

As I understand the situation, he at best was on his porch firing at the truck.

I fail to see how, or when he was in a position to get ran over, per the facts as they are known.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
I think people that say he is justified because "they tried to run him over" aren't really examining the facts of the case.

As I understand it, he was in his house and saw through his window someone attaching his trailer to their truck, he yelled that them to stop and they sped away. He fired at the truck as it sped away.

At what point did he get in front of the truck?

As I understand the situation, he at best was on his porch firing at the truck.

I fail to see how, or when he was in a position to get ran over, per the facts as they are known.

Well now it is his word against just one criminal. The dead one can't talk.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Sources say Torres and Cardona are believed to be in the country illegally and both have an arrest record.

Almost didn't notice this part while reading the article. Could this be the reason why the haven't been charged with theft even though they admitted to stealing the trailer?

Seems wrong to me that you can't shoot at the people stealing your property. If you get shot for breaking the law tuff luck, guess you shouldn't be a criminal. Nothing new to these two either way. Lucky they hadn't got shot sooner.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
We need to let Darwinism run it's course. They were dumb enough to try and rob the old man, so if one died too bad. Why are people so dead set on preserving the existence of scavengers? The crime I'll wager was premeditated, a elderly man what can he do type of thing. Preying on those they perceive as weak & defenseless. What right do they have to exist? I imagine if they were sex offenders we would hear a different tune.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

That is all well and lovely, and even if he was upset about his trailer being stolen, that, is when he should have called the likes of you, to do your job.

No old man of 82, should be outside of his house, with a gun, or in the way of a vehicle fleeing.

It's called common sense, and has nothing at all to do with what law is right, or wrong.

Perhaps if more law enforcement had been patrolling the area, and getting rid of illegal Mexicans, this guy never would have even been put in the postition.

I don't think that people who are 82 should even be driving, let alone toting around a gun!

That town needs to get with the program, and stop the silliness before a person is even put in the position!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Survivorman

Sources say Torres and Cardona are believed to be in the country illegally and both have an arrest record.

From your source.

But Denver Colorado is a Sanctuary city, a hub for Progressive ideology.. their philosophy: Jail the American victim, free and pity the illegal mexicans.

Gotta love this country...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Give me your address so I can Steal your Car and leave a Cold bud light and 200.00 bills
and the keys to your house too.

Thanks

P.S. Remember thieves and illegals have rights

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Yeah those repo guys are thevies alright.

AND he fired down a public street. How ignornant and careless is that?

Even if they weren't repo guys (unlikely since they allegedly confessed to the crime) the point is still somewhat valid. The shooter couldn't have known that it wasn't a couple of repo guys who latched on to the wrong vehicle or some other out there but still possible misunderstanding.

I think if we tolerated this we would eventually see people shooting to kill over a simple trespassing misunderstanding which doesn't sound like any kind of world I'd like to live in.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
this is why it is a dumb idea to trifle with an old man.

"steal my trailer will ya'? i'm just gonna shoot your punk-ass."

chances are their children are grown, they have fought a couple wars, have lead a full life, have little or nothing to lose, and love clint eastwood.

prison? ha!

anyone robbing the elderly deserves to be shot anyway. (imo)

i bet the old man knew he would get in trouble and didn't care. sometimes principle is everything.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I can't point to a source but I remember a story out of Baltimore 6 to 8 years ago...an old man was having his apartment/townhouse broken into regularly...the cops couldn't catch anybody...eventually the old man rigged up the back door to a 12 guage shotgun and some teenager broke in and was subsequently shot dead...the old man was convicted of manslaughter and tossed in jail. Sorry...but in my view, that's BS.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
As this happened in the state of Colorado, there are several issues here that are going to happen and hopefully the 82 yo man has a very good defense attorny. I believe the da is ultimately wanting the charges to be dropped, but has a duty to enforce the law. There are several facts that will come into play in this case, as to why the charges were what they were, and one being if he stated that he had a gun and if it was registered.
But the facts are as follows: In the state of Colorado, you are permitted to defend your home and property, yes.
They did try to run him over, so the vehicle is a weapon on its own, and speeding can do as much damage as a weapon.
Bright note, is that both of the thieves will have to be avaible for interviews with all sorts of attornies. They do not show up in court, then the DA's case may very well fold.
Personally I am for the 82 year old person, he is the real victim in all of this.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Yeah those repo guys are thevies alright.

AND he fired down a public street. How ignornant and careless is that?

Im going to guess it was within his god given rights to do that too.

Just because it involves a civllian using a gun doesn't mean 2A supporters have to support it.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Survivorman

sounds like a typical day in California

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

Take someones life for materialistic possession I do not see the common sense, humanity is so backwards.

Your enemy is your greatest teacher in compassion.

Unconditional love, something that most are lost to even practice.

Wake-up.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
First of all, I don't advocate violence,
Defending your rights,life and property.
that is self determination.
If the man has that good of an eye..he can clearly drive.
funny how some people twist facts to spin Him into a careless person.
my 2 cents

love and light

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join