It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jet-fuel Dumping Behind Tenn. Crop Damage Some Blamed on BP Spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Jet-fuel Dumping Behind Tenn. Crop Damage Some Blamed on BP Spill

www.southernstudies.org

Back on June 1, Shaun Chaiyabhat of WREG in Memphis reported that something was killing crops, trees and even weeds along a large area of farmland near the Shelby and Tipton county border in southwestern Tennessee:
But in fact, there is another explanation for the crop damage -- one that highlights the ubiquity of petrochemical pollution...

Last week, WREG aired a follow-up report to its original story in which FedEx, which is headquartered in Memphis, admitted to dumping jet fuel over...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is very interesting! I wonder if this information would have even been brought to the publics eye if it were not for BP needing to defend itself. Still under investigation, so no conclusions yet.

However it turns out, I see this as total victory for bloggers, ATS community alike. We do have a huge impact on the internet, the world, news, and even big corporations. We will not be underestimated!

Fuel dumped from planes can be transported by the wind and transformed photochemically to ozone and other components of smog, according to the U.S. Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry. It's made up of various toxic hydrocarbons including benzene, which has been linked to cancer. Jet fuel also contains a number of additives including biocides to control bacterial and fungal growth in aircraft fuel systems.

FedEx is planning to conduct its own investigation into the incident. It has asked people who believe they were affected by the fuel dumping to contact its Liability Claims office in Memphis.

There you go, all of you who have had crop damage, go for it. It is either one BP or the jet fule dumping. But the idea is here, recover your investment funds!

I also find it very interesting that many other fuel dumps are now listed in this report, and probably were not readily available otherwise!

www.southernstudies.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-7-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hmm. Maybe I'm confusing a couple of cases, but I could swear this incident/video with the crops in TN was blamed on some close by chemical spill. Now it's from dumping jet fuel?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yeah who really knows at this point? What I do find intersting is all who had crop damage are now invited to file a claim.

I say, go for it! If they get enought heat, maybe they will turn on BP and reaveal evidence BP is hiding!

[edit on 8-7-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
BP paranoia reigns supreme!

Why blame BP if FedEx is the one dumping fuel? Funny that nobody has mentioned NAS Millington as a possible source.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

please, do tell us more!
This is ATS we dont keep secrets here

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Actually, am glad to see this posted, and not used in the tired old "chemtrail" mantra.

As long as people read the article sufficiently, to understand the rationale about (very infrequent) need for large jets to jettison fuel).

To give some perspective, there are levels of immediacy when considering the emergency need to "dump" fuel. Safety of the airplane, crew and passengers (or crew only, if no passengers) is paramount. The environmental effects as a consequence of the release, are secondary.

Unfortunate truth, but necessary in certain dire emergency situations.

The MOST critical time for any flight occurs during the take-off...it is relly the most vulnerable, and has the least room for errors. Especially for very heavy take-offs, near or at maximum capacity. Any power loss (engine problem) once the take-off is committed (insufficient runway remaining to stop by rejecting the take-off on the ground) is an emergency requiring immediate attention, and action.

This 'Go/No Go' decision point ("decision speed", or 'V1') occurs just a few moments before 'rotation' for lift off. At, or very near and approaching V1, there is no longer enough room to stop. After passing V1 there is a period of time when the airplane is accelerating to a required minimum climb speed, (called 'V2') for best engine-out climb performance (obstacle clearance, lift-over-drag aerodynamics, etc). Losing power at this point IS an emergency situation, and getting rid of excess weight, in certain types of airplanes (the larger, "heavies" like widebodies) is imperative.

Other instances of planned fuel jettison, if not time-restricted (as in, MUST land as soon as possible situations) can be performed with more leisure, and targeted over less vulnerable territory. There isn't always that luxury, however, depending on circumstances and situation.

Don't know the circumstances of any FedEx fuel 'dumps' in the Memphis area...not all the air-return emergencies make it to national news....but there will be records kept, somewhere, of all ATC declared emergencies.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I am all for the truth. If it turns out that it was a jet fuel dump then let the truth be told. I am not sure this would have come to light if it were not for the pressure put on the media by the internet community.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

hey thanks for more info! Yeah, chemtrails!
In essence, the actual proof is not in yet, I am still wondering if this is true. I posted it, but I have an open mind.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Meh, weed. They don't even need to jettison fuel (frequently or not) for it to affect things. The glass atrium roof of a building I used to work in was in the flight path of a military reserve base where planes flew mostly on weekends. Brand new building. Roof had to be replaced after only 4 years because it was corroded by whatever was in the exhaust or residue raining down. When they replaced it, they also covered the glass in the atrium with some stuff that was more resistant, but even that coating had to be replace another 5 years later.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Okay, so this is the same incident of crop damage in Tennessee.

Here's what some were speculating about as the reason for the crop damage.

It appears this fuel dumping is simply another possibility. They're not sure about either.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

My mistake. NAS Millington was shut down a while ago.

new topics

top topics

join