It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Photos From WA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I just found this report on Mufon.

No details on location or time.

The sighting took place on 01-07-2008.

1-I was in the kitchen getting a snack.

2- i heard a low buzzing noise(like a lawn mower but not as choppy and much lower) so i went outside to my back yard to see what it was. it was a noise i have never heard before.

3- i had no clue at all!! at first i was kind of frightened, but then i realized it might be a UFO so i grabbed my camera and a tripod.

4- it looked like a saucer. classic UFO. it slowly moved parallel to me. the time it took me to take the two pictures was about 10-15 seconds if that helps you calculated the speed. it seemed quite far away, but i have no clue how far.

5-i was kind of scared. kind of weirded-out. i felt kind of nauseous. 6- it flew away. i was about to take a third picture, but it was gone before i could take it. it was the fastest i have ever seen anything accelerate in my life.

sorry i left everything anonymous, i just dont feel comfortable with strangers knowing my information.

mufoncms.com...

[edit on 8-7-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
3- i had no clue at all!! at first i was kind of frightened, but then i realized it might be a UFO so i grabbed my camera and a tripod.

sounds a little fishy to me...
i wish i knew more about photos

~TR~

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Nice photo but I think it look like something close to the camera. Doesn't look like an obvious bird though.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I would encourage those in WA state who see a true UFO to contact the folks at UFOs Northwest in addition to MUFON, etc..

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Tomb_Raven

I laughed at that part.

The story does seem a little sketchy,

I am not a photo expert either, so I posted this to see what everyone thinks of it and help figure it out.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
here's the links to the submitted pics.. if someone is analyzing them

www.mufoncms.com...

www.mufoncms.com...

link   
reply to post by wigit

It could be a good photo shop job or one of those phone Apps.

I will edit the post and add the links to the pictures off of Mufon so you can get a good zoom on the pictures.

link   
I've changed my mind, it is a bird. Beak heading left.
Oh no, here we go again.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Thanks JacKatMtn.

You beat me to it, sorry I forgot to add the links in the post.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It looks like only one photo was taken and the "saucer" added later.

The photographer claims they were taken 10-15 seconds apart yet there is no discernible difference in cloud or foliage. Nature has a tendency to move- even if it is only slightly.

Open up the links to the originals and flick between the two. Not an iota of difference!

Thus I deem them fake!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I reckon that this is a fake for three reasons. Firstly, you just seemed to have placed the camera in a random position and taken two shots. This is evidence that this is photomanip'd, you took a base picture (or two, but by the look of it one) and placed the 'UFO' in digitally. Secondly, why is the 'UFO' so blurry? It can't be traveling that fast as it moved only a short distance in 10-15 seconds. It can't be out of focus because that is motion blur you see right there. Thirdly, you seem to be in a place with absolutely no wind or movement whatsoever. The two photos are exactly the same excepting a small lighting change in the clouds, which is easily done with a computer.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
10-15 seconds apart for two photos of the same exact area? The "two" images are identical apart from the ufo and the ufo is the same in both images, no real difference in it's capture.

Fake. A rather lazy one at that.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE

Look carefully at the angle of trajectory between the first and second pic. In the time it took to snap the two pictures the 'object' move UP what would equivicate to approx. 20-30 ft and the angle of the 'nose' point more upward in the second pic as well.

2nd notice the motion blur, for an 'object' to be moving that fast the person taking the pic would NOT have enough time to see it, run in the house, grab the camera and tripod, set up the tripod, attach the camera, find the object in the field of view, focus and snap the pic before the 'object' was hundreds of miles away.

3rd notice the focual point is on the trees, (the clearest part of the pic), when using a digtal camera with 'auto focus' it will focus automatically on the closest object its pointed at. (in this case the trees).

Conclusion: FAKE...person took pic of empty sky then added the object afterward and did a piss poor job of it to cause he couldn't keep the angle of trajetory consistant from one pic to the next.

JMO

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Here are the side by side shots for comparison.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Shame on MUFON for falling for such a lazy hoax that requires only a minute of simple analysis to reveal!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
WOW oh my god they are here !!! Yes I'm being sarcastic.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a hoax, but some of you guys need to work on your observation skills.

it's not likely a hoax because the backgrounds or the clouds are the same, they obviously aren't, the clouds have shifted in relation to the foreground, so it probably is two separate photos 10-15 seconds apart.

It's not a bird, and it's definitely not close to the camera since it's behind the trees in one of the photos.

The reason it's likely fake is the similarities between the object in both photos and the apparent motion blur. It wouldn't necessarily HAVE to be motion blur, it could be out of focus, especially since the focal point is obviously the trees.

It could also be a byproduct of a propulsion mechanism, i.e. light blur due to space/time distortion.

But a 3d object is not likely to maintain the exact same shape from 10-15 seconds apart, and he states that it took 10-15 seconds for the object to move approx. 60 ft and that it also accelerated faster than anything he had ever seen, unless he was talking about it accelerating away after he took the photos.

So, is it a hoax, probably, is it proven to be so because of the reasons that have been stated in this thread, nope.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden

it's not likely a hoax because the backgrounds or the clouds are the same, they obviously aren't, the clouds have shifted in relation to the foreground, so it probably is two separate photos 10-15 seconds apart.

You need to look again, Masterjaden.

It is but a single photo.

Open both the originals photos in separate tabs and compare them. There is not a single pixel of difference.

Make sure you align them before flicking between tabs.

No idea why you thought the cloud layer had shifted - perhaps you didn't align the photos when you first compared.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden

it's not likely a hoax because the backgrounds or the clouds are the same, they obviously aren't, the clouds have shifted in relation to the foreground, so it probably is two separate photos 10-15 seconds apart...

I put both images up on separate windows and flipped back-and-forth between them. The ONLY thing that I saw different in the two images is the "object".

Could you please point out what part of the clouds shifted?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I call fake as well. Those photos are both the same exact picture with the "craft" placed differently. If there were 15 seconds between shots the clouds would NOT, I repeat - NOT, line up perfectly from one image to the next!

Also above the tree just to the left of the building there is an out of place dark spot that is squared off on both images.

Edit : added photos and fixed text.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf15f44de33f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc33334cd47a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7baf799ef424.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 8/7/2010 by SeenMyShare]

<<   2 >>

join