It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Sarah Palin Touted to Replace Michael Steele!!(CBS News)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Sources; Some GOP Insiders Pushing for Her, Despite Report Embattled RNC Head Is Likely Keep Post, Even after Latest Gaffe

Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele is in trouble with many in his party after speaking out against the war in Afghanistan. Some are even calling for him to be removed. And, reports CBS News Senior White House Correspondent Bill Plante, there's talk in GOP circles that Sarah Palin should replace him.

John McCain's one-time running mate and former Alaska governor is, as Plante puts it, "the star of the Republican Party. She's the top endorser, top fundraiser -- and now could be the party's top dog. Some members of the GOP base are calling for her" to take Steele's place.

And Plante points out that replacing Steele with Palin poses some risks. While a recent Pew poll finds that 40 percent of respondents have a favorable view of Palin, 51 percent don't -- which is why political analysts such as National Journal Hotline Editor Reid Wilson says -- don't hold your breath.

Source: www.cbsnews.com...

Hmmm. Bring on the love!!! Well, for her-it would a great move, to gain more in-sider experience and to be a BIGGER play in the US politics. I would love to see it.

I have no love for the RNC (or DNC) but the conservative belief. She would be great pushing conservatism. You Go Girl!!!!

Sounds like this is the first knock on the Steele door that will begin his end. He turned out to be a real putz too! Let's give the Repub/Conservative Ladies a try. Sure better than Obama and his circus train and better than the Leaders of the RNC in place now.

Time for the little people to take the USA back from the corrupt and cons. Yes, Palin is a little person who is attacking-with success. Now lets get behind her (more)

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I would like to see Sarah Palin head of the GOP. She has my support all of the way. The dems have been hijacked by those who wish to run this country and its Freedoms granting constitution into the ground. The Republican party needs to commandeered by those who love this country and would like to make sure that our constitution is not put aside but read about in every classroom.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
quagmire: ill get behind her! giggity goo!

Just kidding. seriously though i dont hate sarah palin i just dont like the way she abandoned her job in alaska, in my eyes that makes her a quitter..and an opportunist. she was very smart for latching on to the tea party movement i dont doubt her intelligence..but....

meathead does not support quitters...

~meathead

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is a case of the republicans making another colossally bad decision. Although she's surfing a wake of celebrity at the moment she has the political savvy of a gnat and remains little more than a vacant-minded MILF. The republicans should drop Palin like a hot potato. This is about as good an idea a placing Joe the plumber in charge.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm all for this move!
This would insure re election for Obama and more oblivion for the Republicans!
This country doesn't need ant more Neocons!
You think Steele is an idiot, just watch Palin!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I say go for it...for the comedy alone.

The Daily Show and SNL will be so much better with her running the GOP.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
the head of the GOP is pretty much a mantlepiece role...its a shallow and useless position to have beyond being a puppet to talk about the party meme...you can screw up repeatedly without having issues or backlashes.

Its perfect for her...she would actually do well in that role. Cant be any worse than Steel anyhow.

Glen Beck would also do fine there...or Limbaugh.

Sarah would be a prettier headpiece though...toss a milf up...the token black man didn't work out very well...and if the milf doesn't work, perhaps try a plumber.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The new face of the GOP:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/efd53a74dd55.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 7/8/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Now wait a minute TD !!!! Joe is the MAN!!!!!
) He got more ba..s then most.

I think it is time we get the Joes & Palin types in there. They couldn't possibly make it any worse!! We have had enough of the best and rightest ones from both sides and it is time to change the course.

Honestly, I think there is no Right one or Best one. Just the one You have to believe will get things done and not be a big Wussy. I am tired of the testostrone fill policies of Bush and the We Can't Do It mentality of the Obama troupe.

MILF? Sure! but her, it don't hurt to have one that is easy on the eyes too! Better than Battle Axe Clinton or the Clown Pelosi etc.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6913cecf06e7.jpg[/atsimg]

Im gonna get you to vote for her yet..... lol Have a good day!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/672b87b95101.jpg[/atsimg]

EDIT to add: I had to put this one up on the board. I was getting way to depressed with all the BP crap. Enjoy, tee off and/or support. Show that love baby!!

[edit on 7/8/2010 by anon72]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The main job for a Party chairman is raising money and getting candidates elected. Palin does both extremely well. Plus, it would shift the party more to the right, which is much needed right now. Still too many limp-wristed (politically) Republicans in office right now for me to back them 100%. Palin would make a huge difference!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Oh god, please no, for me Palin is in the same boat as Obama and Polosi, all actors, but then again so is Steele. I dont like Palin in particular because she is simply painful to watch speak, if she gets this, I can assure you I will not turn on fox or msn again, at least Obama can speak. I cant believe even people at ATS support these fake politicians and the left/right garbage they spew, oh well, I have no hope for my country's government, but I lost that awhile ago anyway.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
oh boy, another politician who is a religious fundamentalist.

she couldnt even name a magazine that she reads people! she couldnt even think of the name of a magazine and lie about it.

she deserves to be forgotten and nothing more.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Oh for the love of god really?

Alright, Republicans, if you are listening:

The Democrats are handing you this November's election on a silver platter. The Obama administration has been wholly unable to explain to the people why they are undertaking the actions they have. They have a serious problem connecting with the American people, regardless of how good their ideas are.

Now, pay attention because here is the important part! This is the Republicans election to loose, and all they have to do to win it is just seem sane. That is all, just act competently and as though you are not about to destroy the nation, and you will win big.

However, between Chairman Steele, Rand Paul, and now talk of bringing Sarah Palin back into the party spotlight, you keep shooting yourself in the foot.

Why? Please, just tell me why?

top topics

join