It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxicologist: Corexit Destroys Basic Biological Structure Of Life *Video*

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Okay - So I have done a little research on Nalco, the Corexit distribution company.

This is for Corexit EC9500A -

According to their Safety Data Sheet under the heading, 'Toxolgical Information Related to Components of the Product, (article 11) -
"No mammalian studies have been conducted on the product"
and that
"Although our analysis shows the product to be a mere blend of its components, the toxicity of the product may be different than the toxicity of the components."
And article 12, 'Ecological Information, under the heading
'Bioaccumulation Potential' -
"Based on a review of the individual components, utilizing U.S. EPA models, this material is not expected to bioaccumulate."
But Burntheships, a few posts above, quoted marine toxologist Susan D Shaw a saying Corexit IS bioaccumulative...

Who to believe...
ABC news reported that BP is sticking with Corexit DESPITE the EPA asking them to stop...But Nalco worked with the EPA as we've just read above! (The ABC segment is on Nalco's website)

Throughout the Safety Data Sheet, Nalco are saying the toxicity level is 'low'.
So, then, what's this? Sections 311 and 312 MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET REQUIREMENTS (40 CFR 370)
"Our hazard evaluation has found this product to be hazardous. The product should be reported under the following indicated EPA hazard
categories:

X Immediate (Acute) Health Hazard

- Delayed (Chronic) Health Hazard

- Fire Hazard

- Sudden Release of Pressure Hazard

- Reactive Hazard"

Oh, and don't forget, Corexit has been illegal in the UK since 1998...

[edit on 11-7-2010 by 5senses]

Edit to make clear the option choson as represented by the 'X' mark ACUTE HAZARD!!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 5senses

Good work there! Thank you, and as you point out COREXIT has been illegal in the UK for quite some time, as it was found to have severe negative affects on the food chain, (which in other words seems to indicate that it does bioaccumulate).

Guess they have to get rid of it somewhere, just like the COREXIT 9527 that they can not longer use, but did use initially in the Gulf Deepwater Horizon Gusher.

I doubt we will ever know the truth, we will be left with a dead Gulf, and many lives lost.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
All of you have given so much to this concern... Op, good insight again!

I wish for those that have contributed, could add to a solution! if there is one. Already, those that are in control have failed us!
No two ways about it.
Those that depend on MSM... not a good Idea! Behide 80+ days.
Listen to those that have compassion to tell you the truth..
No wiggle room otherwise! Put no price on your health, someone esle already has done that for us, unless I/we missed something here...
Not looking good if you continue to wait..

Again, I thank all of you for your Heart felt efforts in getting this information to us.

I fear it won't get to enough of those in time to save whats important to them/their families.

Be Wise!
Ne Well!!

Jesse

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 5senses

Sections 311 and 312 MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET REQUIREMENTS (40 CFR 370)
"Our hazard evaluation has found this product to be hazardous. The product should be reported under the following indicated EPA hazard
categories:

X Immediate (Acute) Health Hazard

- Delayed (Chronic) Health Hazard

- Fire Hazard

- Sudden Release of Pressure Hazard

- Reactive Hazard"

Oh, and don't forget, Corexit has been illegal in the UK since 1998...

Ho. Lee. Sh|t.

Everyone should see this video and MSDS.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jessemole

Well I for one am off to BP headquarters, London, tomorrow (started a thread 'Going to BP etc..)
I have made copies of the Nalco info as well as the court file of the fishermen in Louisianna who want to take BP to court for poisoning the water and ruining their livelihood and am going to challenge BP on their diabolical Nalco deal.
Found out the EPA in fact ORDERED BP to stop with corexit and BP have ignored the order and are just keepin on keepin on...
NOT OKAY WITH ME! And let's not even start with Corexit 9527...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Interview with Mass Extinction expert. The rest of the series is embedded on:

Doomsday in The Gulf - BP may have triggered a mass extinction event (starting on page 3)

[edit on 7/11/2010 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I couldn't agree more. We all know that BP and Nalco's CorExit are the problem, and are being poisoned by them, with no govt to run interference. As soon as people understand that Blackstone Group and Goldman Sachs owns Nalco (who also formed a partnership in 1994 with Exxon), the clearer the picture becomes. More shocking than that is the fact that Lord Rothschild is a global advisor for Blackstone. Also Pete Peterson, who helped found Blackstone is the CFR Chairman (and took the reigns from John Rockefeller)! This operation is being directed from the very top, and we know who's running the game now. We know How. And we know why. The only thing missing is the When. But all these roads will merge soon.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

This was my next step - to find out who was behind Nalco, so thanks. The more you discover, the more you discover. It's like a labyrinth...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5senses

This was my next step - to find out who was behind Nalco, so thanks. The more you discover, the more you discover. It's like a labyrinth...

I have a thread running about the inner workings of Nalco and their handlers here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've been able to trace Nalco back through Blackstone Group, Goldman Sachs, Exxon, and ultimately the mouth of the stream. I found a page on the Blackstone Group that indicates that Lord Rothschild is a global advisor for Blackstone, and discovered ties into the CFR. Lots of links and info in that thread. It's almost like a trail of bread crumbs to follow that indicate that Nalco is jst a global puppet front for the bigger picture.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Awesome - will check it out.
Just got back from BP HQ and the one thing I can tell you, straight from the communications guy is that they are NOT using Corexit 9527 now. They've stopped that - but still 9500... Even though EPA ordered them not to.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Thanks for the video!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tampa Dermatologist Calls EPA Tests on Chemical Dispersants 'Misleading'

Dr. Seth Forman calls the Environmental Protection Agency’s first round of results on the toxicity of oil dispersants “ridiculous.” The Tampa dermatologist says the agency did not take into account the long term effects these chemicals can have on people and wildlife.

“BP has pumped millions of gallons of COREXIT 9500 into the Gulf of Mexico,” says the Tampa dermatologist. “Some workers helping with the clean-up have gotten sick from over exposureto the chemicals. It is hard to know what effect it will have on people months down the road when more of the chemical starts washing ashore.”

The EPA tested eight oil dispersants, including the COREXIT 9500 being used now in the Gulf oil spill clean-up. Researchers say there is no evidence showing the chemicals are remaining in the water or sinking to the bottom. They also say COREXIT 9500 is the least toxic to small fish and shrimp (though the tests were only conducted in a lab and the chemicals were not combined with oil).

“What about the larger fish?” asks Dr. Forman, “Larger fish can easily ingest the chemical before it has time to biodegrade. The EPA hasn’t done any tests or warned people about that. Could this chemical taint our seafood?”

In addition to questions about the food supply, Dr. Forman also has concerns for those visiting Gulf beaches. He is telling his patients to be cautious. The Tampa dermatologist says you should thoroughly wash your skin after returning from the water. Also, if you notice any unusual rashes, he says you should contact your physician immediately.
www.prnewschannel.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

“I’ve never seen anything like it. We’re seeing pods of whales and dolphins out in the oil, and lots of dead things. Things I’ve never seen before coming up from the deep…floating, dead.”
Elizabeth Grossman, quoting David Willman—experienced boat captain, Gulf of Mexico

The same folks who have been lying to us about the amount of oil gushing from the underwater wellhead, are not going to be truthful regarding how much Corexit has been used. A rough guesstimate would be around 2 million gallons, to date.

canadafreepress.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
BP Gulf Oil Spill: Under the Toxic Water - CNN July 9, 2010
Amber Lyon and Philippe Cousteau went under the toxic Gulf of Mexico waters.
Source: CNN July 9, 2010

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Random video but I hope its okay to post in here. I found this video on Youtube regarding an underwater lake, Sir Richard Atenborough will explain more:

www.youtube.com...

Just another piece of precous nature no doubt under threat from Corexit

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Star for you. Made my heart ache at the prospect that these species may already be gone...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by DaMod

Your right that is a hideous crime against humanity, and nature they are allowing to go on daily!

Its ironic (of course the EPA is corrupt too and is just another way for the Government to capitalize on toxic use of chemicals) that the EPA is allowing this, and does not slap a court order on BP.

A Cease and Desist order would work just fine! Of course the Coast Guard which is part of The U.S. Military is doing the actual spraying. I find that suspect also, Evergreen would do a competent job I am sure, they do all day long every day somewhere.

Of course, I think someone has told them they WILL allow it. It is truly horrific!

Considering that BP's own people are now testing at over 200% above safe limits of exposure: ..

Perhaps it is time for the phrase "negligent manslaughter" be heard?

The terrible wrinkle is, that without logged medical data the workers have no facts to stand for them in court.

I had no idea that there was this kind of maliciousness in the World .. hard lessons for us all ... I hope for some light to shine and help it all improve.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
jesus c
its all wright there
gues they know how much informed people it take ta star a rev
and with all the closed threads
we aint getting near it
it was good knowing yall
trust
me or research
ty

[edit on 20-7-2010 by icecold7]

[edit on 20-7-2010 by icecold7]

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Recent tests “using HUMAN cell lines, show that dispersants cause cell death and DNA damage” says university director

“We’re more concerned about the dispersant and the dispersant mixed with oil–the dispersed oil, if you will–than we are about the crude oil itself.”

Tests conducted in recent months by[University of Southern Maine Center for Toxicology and Environmental Health director John] Wise’s lab, using human cell lines, show that dispersants cause cell death and DNA damage, which has been linked to cancer and reproductive problems

www.mpbn.net...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Apr 18, 2012

After two years the Gulf Coast is still damaged from the disaster. The waters are toxic. The tar balls can carry vibrio vulnificus. Do not not be fooled by the mainstream media

Gulf of Mexico tar balls from the Deepwater Horizon disaster still turn up on Alabama's shores.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Just wanted to throw this thread right back out there... well it's in our face right now just wanted to help you if not aware.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now argrue the point of this not being address by what we hear on News today...

I just heard about what is important on MSN.. ya know, I'm thinking .. "This" will never be heard..

Pick and choose News...

Where is Walter Cronkite!

Rolling in his silence... But he told it like it was when he was there for it to be said..

So much for our current reporting.

Very selective don't you think?

What is important?

I know it goes deep..

But both of these threads go hand in hand.

Jesse

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join