It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxicologist: Corexit Destroys Basic Biological Structure Of Life *Video*

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Awesome, and I know everyone will appreciate that super compilation of facts!
I really cannot fathom the amount of killing that is going on right now. I know that people are sick, and who knows how many of them will even recognize the symptoms and seek treatment?

I just came accross some incredible evidence, and had to make a new thread for it, but want to add some here:

DAY 77 & 77 Crucial Fact Finding Links

The testing was done on the dispersants by themselves – not in combination with oil. I posted earlier that acute toxicity increased as one progressed from dispersant by itself, to oil by itself, to the mixture of oil and dispersant. We’ll have to wait longer for EPA to release data that will shed further light on whether that conclusion holds or not.

blogs.edf.org...-782< br />

Professor Mark Sephton said arsenic, which is found in seawater, was normally filtered out of the ocean when it combined with sediment on the sea floor.

“But oil spills stop the normal process because the oil combines with sediment and it leads to an accumulation of arsenic in the water over time," he said.

"Arsenic only needs to be a 10th of a part per billion to cause problems.”

He added: “Our study is a timely reminder that oil spills could create a toxic ticking time bomb, which could threaten the fabric of the marine ecosystem in the future.”
www.adelaidenow.com.au... 8l-1225888272667

Effect of Goldcrew and Corexit on selected blood
parameter of the African cat-fish Clarias gariepinus
following sublethal exposures

www.academicjournals.org...

Allegations Corexit was responsible for Exxon Veldex Worker Deaths
www.rikiott.com...

ORAL TREATMENT OF FISCHER 344 RATS WITH WEATHERED CRUDE OIL AND A DISPERSANT INFLUENCES INTESTINAL METABOLISM AND MICROBIOTA

www.informaworld.com...=all~content=a713852826

Accusations brought before the U.S. FDA about Dispersant Corexit
globalwarming.house.gov...

[edit on 9-7-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Found these,

NALCO COREXIT EC9500A
www.nalco.com...
SECTIONS 311 AND 312 - MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET REQUIREMENTS (40 CFR 370) :
Our hazard evaluation has found this product to be hazardous. The product should be reported under the following
indicated EPA hazard categories:
X Immediate (Acute) Health Hazard

and EPA DATA SHEET COREXIT EC9500A (Product # D-4)
www.epa.gov...

I found the actual chart from the EPA that shows that the toxicity testing was done with a 96 hour timeframe.

Toxicity
(LC50 values in ppm

Menidia (96-hr) Mysidopsis (48-hr)

COREXIT® EC9500A 2.61 3.40

www.epa.gov...

[edit on 9-7-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The dominoes were lined up a long time ago. I would say that a big chunk of them were put in place with the deregulation madness started by Bush and the gang he is a part of. It allowed all kinds of vulnerabilities to be set up. It allowed extremes of irresponsibility in finance and industry to become the predominant mode of operation.

Now here we are. The first domino was tripped, perhaps by 911, and introduced the withering away of rights and introduction of a police state. The dominoes continued to fall and the financial meltdown was on its way. They continue to topple as planned and organized and catastrophic destruction of the environment, life and livelihood is under way.

Virtual chaos has set in as virtually no-one, especially the POTUS seems to have a clue on what to do about the myriad crisis and calamities that are upon us.

Am I wrong? Does this not all seem premeditated? Does anyone have a clue what is really going on?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Your not wrong! Here, someone has put together an interesting read...

WAR on The World: Rothschild League’s 30 Facts Evidencing Gulf Oil Disaster Was Planned

30 Chilling Facts Proving We The People Are Under Attack, in an Undeclared War, With the Rothschild League of Bankers:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by icecold7

I may never buy another used book.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Very good video. thank you for sharing StarTraveller.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/396cd4e1b9c3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thanks for your support of the thread. I just found out that the COREXIT is sprayed undiluted, and it drifts onto land in that form, and is also spread by animals, and workers.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DHSreallybugsme

Really good analogy there. The damage will increase, as it has for the last 70 odd days.

Horrific to learn, so does the build up of Corexit in Humans, and up the food chain.

And that’s what that Corexit does, it ruptures red blood cells, causes internal bleeding, and liver and kidney damage. …

This stuff is so toxic combined… not the oil or dispersants alone. …

Very, very toxic and goes right through skin.

Susan D. Shaw is a marine toxicologist and the director of the Marine Environmental Research Institute, a nonprofit scientific research and educational organization.

Though all dispersants are potentially dangerous when applied in such volumes, Corexit is particularly toxic. It contains petroleum solvents and a chemical that, when ingested, ruptures red blood cells and causes internal bleeding. It is also bioaccumulative, meaning its concentration intensifies as it moves up the food chain.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
They are sure spraying that stuff around down there like there's no tomorrow. It's as if they are flaunting their use of Corexit in our faces. Recorded about an hour ago:

Sickening.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I read up on the propaganda Nalco is now posting on their site since the MSM sheep will go straight to their site for 'real answers'. In essence they are blatantly lying to people by saying the EPA has accepted their use of 'safe' dispersant, while they report that 'government says dispersant ops going well with no incidents'. It's repulsing. Nalco has also got most of their website now redirected to what appears to be their PR website
phx.corporate-ir.net...
and that same link sends you straight to the Nalco pages. Nalco is doing just as much damage control as BP is now.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by wayno

Your not wrong! Here, someone has put together an interesting read...

WAR on The World: Rothschild League’s 30 Facts Evidencing Gulf Oil Disaster Was Planned

30 Chilling Facts Proving We The People Are Under Attack, in an Undeclared War, With the Rothschild League of Bankers:

This is a great thread! The link you posted is another great thread. I'd like to recommend my thread also as it helps to connect a boatload of dots to show where it started, and where its' going, along with the who's who that are pulling the strings and holding the mirrors.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Thanks, yes for that. Those two threads together make a compelte picture and give all the necessary facts to see the giant elitest scheme.

I can see it now, people on the internet searching for information to take to the doctor, the lawyer. They will find these threads, and the crucial information to defend themselves!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by OuttaTime

Thanks, yes for that. Those two threads together make a compelte picture and give all the necessary facts to see the giant elitest scheme.

I can see it now, people on the internet searching for information to take to the doctor, the lawyer. They will find these threads, and the crucial information to defend themselves!

Yep! And I hope they find those threads. It seems as if Yahoo has changed their search engine in attempts to 'ghost' the good stuff.
I also found a vid by Sea Sheppard showing the extent of the corexit after-effects in the gulf water.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by OuttaTime]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
Also to add a little about SEA BRAT4, info is from a news article dated May 20th but I feel the info is relevant and also begs the question - Why are they still using Corexit 9500?

EPA Orders BP to Change Chemical Dispersant in GOM

reply to post by StarTraveller

That is an excellent article! I attempted locate video and post it here. Everyone should read that!

Thank you Star Traveller!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

core exit

that good how about

whackenut
this is the company enforcing the cover up
whack a nut get it?/

i think u do

ps where do u live?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Recent Samples were taken and I am not suprised at the toxicity level.

jamescfox. In his own words: "Oil and water samples were taken from both the Shores of Grand Isle and from 20 miles out. The preliminary analysis was done at an academic analytical chemistry laboratory. Looking for the likely pollutants from the deep water Horizon Oil spill. It was focused on the detection of benzene and propylene glycol. Benzene and other highly toxic contaminants were very low however the concentration of propylene glycol was between 360 and 440 parts per million. Just 25 parts per million is know to kill most fish and propylene glycol is just one of many ingredients found in Corexit. In short, the Gulf is being poisoned by BP's usage of the dispersants even after the EPA asked them to stop back in May. We are willing to provide ANY respected/known laboratory these samples or provide them with more. This is very serious to all people and marine life in and around the Gulf."

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Dbate Grows over impact of dispersed oil:

BP has been authorized to use dispersants only in waters deeper than 10 metres and no nearer to shore than five kilometres. So far, its closest application has been 14.6 kilometres from shore, and the vast majority of the dispersant has been applied at 28 kilometres or further, according to Arden Ahnell, BP's Director of Global Product Stewardship.

The US Environmental Protection Agency announced on 30 June that its initial round of toxicity testing on eight dispersants, including Corexit 9500, produced by Nalco of Naperville, Illinois — the product that BP is using to help break up the oil — found no "biologically significant" endocrine disrupting effects on the small estuarine fish and mysid shrimp that they tested. However, the EPA noted that it still needs to do further testing on the effects of the dispersants mixed with oil.

"We already know that dispersants are less toxic than oil if you compare the two," says Susan Shaw, a marine toxicologist and director of the Marine Environmental Research Institute in Blue Hill, Maine. "But because Corexit contains a petroleum solvent, we're actually putting petroleum solvent on top of a petroleum spill. So it's increasing the hydrocarbon in the water column."
www.nature.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What I find interesting is that NALCO has blocked the links from this Courthouse news article. You can find these same links on Google, but if you click through the links in the article, blocked. Damage Control?

Oystermen filed a federal class action against BP and Nalco, which makes the dispersant chemical that BP has dumped on the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. The oystermen claim Corexit 9500 is four times more toxic than oil, and that BP has sprayed more than 1 million gallons of it onto the Gulf, causing the poison to become "a permanent part of the seabed and food chain in the biostructure in the Gulf of Mexico."
BP dumped the Corexit to "disperse" and sink the millions of gallons of oil from BP's broken wellhead after the April 20 explosion of the Deepwater Horizon that killed 11.
Lead plaintiff Scott Parker claims that more than 1 million gallons of Corexit "has been sprayed over the Gulf of Mexico and has caused a toxic chemical to be a permanent part of the seabed and food chain in the biostructure in the Gulf of Mexico."
Corexit 9500 is four times more toxic than the oil itself, according to the complaint, "causing an even more dangerous condition to exist in the Gulf of Mexico than if the oil was allowed to float to the shoreline."
The class claims the dispersant was used "in an attempt to lessen the financial burden of BP and to lessen the public reaction to the oil spill by forcing the oil to the bottom of the Gulf and thereby obviating the need for shoreline cleanup."
Corexit 9500 has been illegal in the United Kingdom since 1998, when it was found to be harmful to the food chain.

www.courthousenews.com...

www.courthousenews.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This is really good news for the workers!

MSNBC just broke the story, so it is now mainstream news!

20% of BP off shore cleanup workers ill, 15% of shore workers ill, and BP is still not allowing them to wear protective gear!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Awesome find. Thanks for getting this out to us. What is really disturbing is that this was filed almost a month ago - June 16th, so the amount of poison and thus the threat is now even greater...
Corexit has been illegal in the UK since 1998. But it's okay to use it abroad? Yeah - guess they have to get rid of their upply somehow, huh?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join