It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran promotes Islamic haircuts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Iran promotes Islamic haircuts

www.cnn.com

"I don't think these young men will stop wearing these hairstyles, even though in my opinion they are actually pretty strange," he said.

He prefers his own hair on the short side.

To the outside world, the crackdown on cuts may represent further restrictions by an already restrictive regime.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/8/2010 by stellawayten]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
In my opinion, this is complete propaganda. When I started reading the article I assumed that men HAD to wear this kind of haircut but upon further reading I see that it is just a recommendation.

Why is this a top story on CNN.com? I believe there are more important things going on in the world. I have read some posts on people thinking that we are gonna go to war with Iran soon. Could this be the media trying to get us thinking of IRAN?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
this is like the forth thread on the iranian haircut thing, i dont mean to be a dick just thought id point it out . peace

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
this is like the forth thread on the iranian haircut thing, i dont mean to be a dick just thought id point it out . peace

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

It's a big deal because it's big brother.

That's it.

Do not point out the irrelevance, but rather the hypocrisy of not reporting the same acts in the west.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Finally someone has banned the mullet!

Second line taken and hosed down.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Doesn't seem nearly as tough as the reaction I got from my employer and a lot of "adults" when I tried to grow my hair long back in the late 60's.

Back then it was long hair = no job. Long hair meant you would get hassled at the border. It meant you would get hassled by the cops.

This stuff in Iran seems mild by comparison.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
CNN The most trusted name in news for the government, this story looks fake, i dont watch cnn anymore

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I don't know why people don't understand that these places are Muslim countries, and the people expect the government to uphold the Muslim laws. This isn't the case of a tyrannical government, but a case of a strict culture.

There is a lot of hypocrisy that goes on, but it is their own old school muslim people that call for their laws/rules.

Beyond the muslim laws, the government gives the Iranian people more freedom then we get from our government. They don't live in a police state I am sure.

new topics

top topics

join