It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobel prize, Obama what did you do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I used to believe that the Nobel peace prize was worth something, a great thing to be awarded with, a sign of achieving something great.

Obama ruined all that for me. The way I see it now is that if a guy can win the Nobel peace prize for being black (I cant think of any other reason) then its no longer worth anything, really what did he achieve or do that warranted it?

Whenever I hear someone getting the award now all I can think is "well obama got it and what did he do?"
I Really do feel that this has discredited the great achievements of all those who were awarded the prize for achieving something great.

I don't believe for a second that he was "surprised" to hear the news, what did they give to the Nobel committee which persuaded them, how much did that bribe cost.
I firmly believe they they were not told to consider him but were ordered to award him that prize, someone somewhere pulled strings to make this happen.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by LUXUS]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
He won it for not being Bush.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
i heard he was nominated for it befour he even made president.

Work that 1 out if you can?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
You see Obama said I receive this award with great humility. The thing is we all know deep down if we truly deserve something or not. The difference between someone who is truly humble and someone who is not would be that a humble person would never accept credit or a prize when they know it should not be. This in itself shows me that Obama is just a showman, just a good talker....full of it.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by LUXUS]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Apparently the nobles have been fixed for quite a few years.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I wonder if he will give his Nobel Peace Prize back after he attacks Iran?

Not likely....

Especially since he would probably have to give back the million bucks (or so) that comes with the prize.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The prize is a joke.

You got Obama who expanded the "terror" watch list, renewed the PA, and expanded the wars.

You got Al Gore and his scamming IPCC buddies who were all caught red handed lying through their teeth "for our own good."

Kofi and the international genocide enabling rape factory that is the UN.

Arafat.

Kissinger.

It's more a gag prize than anything else.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
He hasn't invaded Iran... yet. Surely worth an award?

If Hillary was President she would have, and also the other guy the tortured fella, Mc Cain.

Here's an article describing a few of the other nominees. Personally Denis Mukwege should have won;

He was, for a long time, the only gynaecologist treating rape wounds in Congo. At the Panzi hospital in Bukavu, he performs as many as half a dozen surgeries a day; so far he has treated 21,000 women. His pioneering work has helped thousands of these women reclaim something of their physical selves and begin to heal some of the psychological wounds.

www.independent.co.uk...

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Obama couldn't win a Nobel prize if it was given out on the basis of being black.

He is ONLY half black.

My 3.2 % African heritage is hard to convince some of, so he should not get credit for 50% that we KNOW that he doesn't have!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
according to the nobel peace prize website

The prize goes to:

BARACK OBAMA for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
He hasn't invaded Iran... yet. Surely worth an award?

If Hillary was President she would have, and also the other guy the tortured fella, Mc Cain.

Here's an article describing a few of the other nominees. Personally Denis Mukwege should have one;

He was, for a long time, the only gynaecologist treating rape wounds in Congo. At the Panzi hospital in Bukavu, he performs as many as half a dozen surgeries a day; so far he has treated 21,000 women. His pioneering work has helped thousands of these women reclaim something of their physical selves and begin to heal some of the psychological wounds.

www.independent.co.uk...

It disgusts me when I think of all those people with good harts who have worked really hard, discovered new things etc and this guy comes along and jumps to the front.

Its crazy, bet if you go up to anyone on the street and ask them why Obama should get the prize they will be scratching their heads trying to think of it.

Is the world now so corrupt that there is nothing left that cant be fixed. Maybe the Queen should just go and knight him and have it over and done with, make him a knight of the garter.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Good thread. What I have come to believe is that every now and then they give out the prize to outstanding, truly worthy winners. (Mandela, Aung San Suu Kyi, Desmond Mpilo Tutu, Martin Luther King Jr. to name a few).

Then they give the prize to those who truly does not deserve it (Henry A. Kissinger, Yasser Arafat, Shimon Peres, Yitzhak Rabin and Barack H. Obama to name a few) to give the impression as if the latter group was made of the same stuff as the first one. Like they are just as worthy

There is a long list of NWO (or a better term OWG) leaders that would like to have the prize. And they keep nagging for it.

The difficult task of the Nobel committee is to balance out these awards just enough for the sheeple to keep believing that they also (rubbing-off-principle) are worthy winners and of equal stature.

Just imagine; Kissinger just as worthy as Mother Theresa... Obama just as worthy as Martin Luther King Jr.

When you stack them up like this, it is really easy to see. Now this IS a conspiracy.

Edit: On an universal scheme, there is no human less worthy than another. But that's not the issue here...

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Koyaanisqatsi]

top topics

join