It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First humans in Britain settled in Norfolk and ate human flesh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The first humans to come to Britain settled in Norfolk 950,000 years ago, scientists revealed yesterday.

The discovery of stone tools at what was then the mouth of the Thames makes their arrival at least 100,000 years earlier than thought.

The new arrivals crossed the land bridge from Europe and survived on mammoth, rhino... and human flesh.

Scientists think they must have been able to make clothes, shelters and possibly fires to survive winter.

Until recently it was thought Eu- rope's only humans at this time were south of the Alps.

Read more: www.mirror.co.uk...
Get your free copy of the new Prince album 20TEN exclusive with the Daily Mirror on Saturday 10 July Free Prince 20TEN

---------------

Very interesting, i love findings like this..

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Another "Scientists think" - um.

Here is my scenario - there were Adam and Eve...

Scientists are doing brilliant work, but this "Scientists think" thing is doing my head in - it has been on other threads as well.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
This is utter wrong...... They didnt settle in Norflok, they settld in Manchester and they still eat flesh

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I think the title is a bit of a misnomer. The humans being talked about are more proto-human than homo sapien sapien, the ones being called Adam and Eve.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
why is it that whenever 'scientists find early humans ,say before 60,000 years they always say but they aren't related to us???

SOMEBODY WAS, WE'RE HERE!

I mean seriously they are always on the hunt for our ancestors and when they find a candidate they disqualify them without even a bye your leave???

I'd like to see more on this

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
If you RTFA there's almost zero detail and no proof at all that these humans, "ate human flesh." If they did, there would be proof such as striations from stone tools on human bones, but this article is so brief that nothing is provided. This article is shorter than most 'Police Blotter' entries.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Part of the problem is that the article is misleading to laypeople.

It's not "homo sapiens" who was in Britain. It's "homo antecessor" -- who evolved before the Neanderthals.

Here's a MUCH better article with nice details and explanations. Honestly, the reporter on the first story sounded like they didn't care about the news at all and would rather be reporting on a local wedding than writing about Icky Science Stuff. The whole story's really rather interesting:
www.guardian.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join