It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Soldier's Prayer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

I found this little gem, written by Ltc Charles Koller.
I pasted onto a topical photo. As a vetran and a father with two sons in the Army, one about to be deployed, it brought a lump to my throat.

Now, whether you agree or disagree with US/UK policy regarding Afganistan, please spare a thought for those young warriors with their necks on the line and pray that the killing soon comes to an end (for both sides).

May our Sons, Daughters, husbands, wives and loved ones return home soon.

Bless you all.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
HuWAHH! and Amen!

Thanks to your family for its generations of service. I am former Army as well and truly appreciate this poem.

I echo your sentiment. You do not have to agree with the conflict as long as you support those that are in the middle of it. I am not a religious person, but God Speed and Safe Journeys is my wish for all our service men and women.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
warrior
battle
victory
leaders
enemies
god

Words of ignorance that perhaps one day will subject to laughter and remembered for their evil intentions.

Hope your family will be safe though.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

Thank you.
Yes, I am not supporting war. War is never good and it can bring the worst and best out of a person. However, as long as there is a threat of violence, there will always be the need for military power. History is riddled with war and conquest. I am sorry to say that it is human nature.

Maybe, one day we will learn, hopefully before we destroy ourselves.

Peace be with you.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
As long as pawns are willing to go to war, kings and queens will happily send them there.

If someone you know died or got injured in a war, accept my condolences but realize - they sign themselves up for this. As sad as it is, I am not supporting, ANYONE that hurts in any way another human being.

We all get what we deserve no better or worse.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Figured it wouldn't be too long before these kinds of knuckleheads appeared in your thread.

Good post though.

Star and Flag.

top topics

join