It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The riddle of the red alien

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I am not the most literate computer user in the world but there are a few things i know shouldn't happen when typing on your keyboard. The letters should not crash into one another nor should they move apart. The print should be level and flat, not follow the contour of pictures. But........

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
That depends on the program you're using while typing.
If you're typing in an art program, Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop, then it is perfectly possible for your text to follow the contours of an image, appear bunched up or spread far apart.

Not sure what that has to do with that picture of the red alien though.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
what are you talking about? I really don't understand your point.
You know there are hundreds of scripts and fonts you can use on a computer?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Must be an alien that's been hanging around the guidos in Jersey.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Well, you got the picture up - it's posted a bit strangely, but we can see it, so you're getting there. Maybe try using MY PICTURES, under MEMBER TOOLS, it's a pretty easy way to put pictures on ATS, there's a thread on it too:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyway, to the point - what's the picture about? Where have you got this from and what do you think about it?

Thanks

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I see what you mean

Ю〓§¤๑ஐஐづ♥ ▫ 。 ゚ ◙ ☺۞
¿¤¾*C̵̱̼̲̳̯̥͚͚̳̯̟͕͙̱̪͕̎̇̍͒̋ͦ͊̂ͯͅx̏̋̂̓͌ͬͬ͌ ♫Δ☣

ΛLIΞИ s are tricksters sometimes

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
i sign on to be greeted by this?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

How did you get a picture of me before my morning coffee ???

Seriously though, why did you start the thread? Not trying to be a jerk but I just have no idea what you're getting at. Could you please give more details ??? Thanks.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Ah, the Zeta Rediculans, apt name in more than one way I can tell you.

They are a different colour due to the different radiation emitted from their sun, to the Zet Reticulans.

At least thats what Jeopardy says.

EMM

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Yet another incoherent post on ATS. As for the picture, it looks like a painting of an Alien, not a photograph.

This whole text rubbish is really irrelevant and pointless. What ever the OP is trying to convey is greatly uncommunicative.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Why aren't the ones hanging around you all the time so clear?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by doogle

I wasn't using any program, i was typing across the picture and the letters began turning, i watched them turn. I called my wife and brother to see what was happening. Could you show me a program that will make the ketters behave like these?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Sorry, i was seeking intelligent discourse. My participation is finished. Mods please close thread. Thank you

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
reply to post by doogle

I wasn't using any program, i was typing across the picture and the letters began turning, i watched them turn. I called my wife and brother to see what was happening. Could you show me a program that will make the ketters behave like these?

It might have helped if you explained this more clearly in your original post. The way I read it - it seemed as if you were stating you had trouble posting the picture on here.

When you say turning, you mean like spinning or something else?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hi!

Quite a riddle indeed!

a) Posted in the Science & Technology Board (not quite sure why?)
b) Text that apparently makes next to no sense
c) A picture that is not supported by any rational text or a source?

Amen!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
post by jokei
I apologize for not being more clear. The red alien picture was made to demonstrate what was occuring with the letters, i reversed the vertical line of letters to show the other side. When i did that the r and the a reversed their alignment with each other.
The letters appeared normal, after a second they moved. It was as if something crashed between the s and the h, hitting the front of the s and the back of the h, pushing both points of impact inward. The s collided with the a, knocking it into the r. The thing that amazes me is there is no striker, merely a electronic pulse so how could it happen? That is the sole purpose of this thread, trying to understand a scientific anomaly.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Hey man, let's approach this methodically then.

Have you tried to do it again - same/different results?

Could it be an issue with your hardware/software?

What program(s) were you using at the time?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by doogle

Dangit, `doogle`! Your profile photo is scarier than the red alien! Those black eyes gave me such a startle! I'm not going to forgive you. Waahhh! I want my mommie!

---

Anyway, as for the red alien photo itself, it looks real enough. Maybe it's very image made the letters funky as if it was trying to transmit some message: I read `tsar` or `rash`. Whatever.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Sorry but I don't believe you.
It really doesn't make sense and this wouldn't be the first time you've hoaxed something on ATS.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

You are mistaken, i have never hoaxed anything, period. I strongly suggest you recheck your sources and prove your allegations.

new topics

top topics

join