It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sign on bus- "95% of vitamins on the market cause cancer"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Health Departments love to use busses and billboards, so I would say it could come from one of them.

On the other hand, it sounds like a vitamin ad, because why would you want to say "95%" unless you were selling the other 5%?

I suspect that some vitamin company like Focus Factor or something is marketing that their "organic" vitamins are better than 95% of the other vitamins on the market.

Advertisers never cease to amaze me? They can blatantly lie and get away with it through little technicalities or disclaimers. For instance, "Tallahassee's Best." According to who? Why are there 50 places claiming the "best."

Stating something causes cancer should be blatant libel and/or slander. This ad company or vitamin maker or health department better have some very good research to back them up or face a big lawsuit from the other vitamin makers!!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The only thing that Google found other than this thread that had the keywords from the OP was this link from US Department of Health & Human Services. It is inconclusive although some research did show increases in high-risk smoker populations that took beta carotene and Vitamin A together. Therefore, either they misread the sign, or this is the worst marketing campaign ever, because nothing is on the internet.

Article

Chart

Among the vitamin-cancer combinations that have evidence from randomized trials, the most promising finding was that smokers who took vitamin E had a lower incidence of prostate cancer and lower mortality from prostate cancer than those who did not. A large U.S. trial is underway to confirm the finding that vitamin E might reduce mortality from prostate cancer.

Among the vitamin-cancer combinations that do not yet have evidence from randomized trials, the strongest evidence from observational studies is for a possible beneficial effect of vitamin A for breast cancer (go to Appendix 1). The cohort studies also raise the possibility that vitamin A reduces the risk for colon cancer in women.

The cohort studies evaluating B vitamin supplementation in relation to breast cancer and colon cancer also show some evidence of benefit. A randomized controlled trial of the effect of long-term B vitamin supplementation on polyp recurrence is currently underway.

Three other trials are also in progress. The Physicians' Health Study II has re-randomized many of the original Physicians' Health Study participants and has recruited additional participants to a 2x2x2 factorial randomized controlled trial comparing vitamin C, vitamin E, and a multivitamin (100% of RDA type) with placebo.29 The Women's Health Study, focusing on health professionals, is a factorial study of beta-carotene, vitamin E, and aspirin; the beta-carotene arm has been closed, but the vitamin E and aspirin arms continue. Finally, the "SUpplementation en VItamines et Mineraux AntioXydants" study is a population-based, randomized trial of over 12,000 subjects. The SU.VI.MAX study is designed to test the efficacy of a daily supplementation with antioxidant vitamins (vitamin C, 120 mg; vitamin E, 30 mg; and beta-carotene, 6 mg) and minerals (selenium, 100 microg; and zinc, 20 mg) at nutritional doses in reducing mortality from cancers and cardiovascular diseases.30,31

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The problem with some multi-vitamin tablets is they are advertised as being 'natural' hence they can get away with throwing any garbage in the tablets they like, such as small amounts of heavy metals, sometimes arsenic. If you ever buy any vitamin or mineral supplement tablets make you sure know what is in them, even if they are reported to be 'natural' (and of course, do the same for synthetic tablets too!!!).

[edit on 13/7/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SlyFox_79

So, if you saw it on a bus, it must be true?

What the hell kind of thinking is that?

I swear ATS is filled with so many zombies that just don't even reflect on their own thought processes.

So many will preach about TV being so bad for "sheeple," but they will have no problem watching a 13-part series on YouTube that "uncovers the truth!!!" behind some "secret" conspiracy. YOU better wake up! You're wasting YOUR time and getting wrapped up in negativity!

You are brainwashing yourself to be a powerless speck on the Earth with little chance to lead a happy life. And don't even start playing the victim and blaming "TPTB" because there are plenty of people who have gotten very far in life, and none of them got there by feeling like their life was out of control and in the hands of someone else!

Get over your "truth seeking" and get on with your lives.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I'd love to see a photo of this sign to better understand the context in which the message is intended. For instance, was this anti vitamin advertising, or pro vitamin advertising. Anti-corporate or pro-corporate intrusion into health care. Was it intended to be ironic or genuine?

It's difficult to form an opinion on a thread without the pertinent information.

thanks,
Tamale.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

i was just in Portland today and i was in downtown and i saw that bus! to bad i did not take a photo with my camera!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by glitchinmymatrix

I swear ATS is filled with so many zombies that just don't even reflect on their own thought processes.

So many will preach about TV being so bad for "sheeple," but they will have no problem watching a 13-part series on YouTube that "uncovers the truth!!!" behind some "secret" conspiracy. YOU better wake up! You're wasting YOUR time and getting wrapped up in negativity!

You are brainwashing yourself to be a powerless speck on the Earth withue, true or not it can still be upseting eing lied to. little chance to lead a happy life. And don't even start playing the victim and blaming "TPTB" because there are plenty of people who have gotten very far in life, and none of them got there by feeling like their life was out of control and in the hands of someone else!

theres alot of things i instantly wanted to say to you, for one you misinterpreted the OP and need to take a breath and calm down, the OP is upset that this advertising is being done, he didnt think it was true, being lied to can be upsetting whether the lie is believed or not.

the other things i wanted to say are futile cause im sure your a waste of time that wont listen.

so instead let me just respond to your closing statement

NO, seeking the truth is life, blissfuly accepting ignorance and lies is no better then death, and it is also the exact reason you should not visit this website, your signature two minutes ago said you were sick of ats, well with your attitude toward truth its no wonder, ironic that you changed your sig just before i copied it to qoute it, i guess you realised the futility of your own life before i had a chance to point it out to you.

grow up join the effort or get the hell out of our way.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye

Originally posted by glitchinmymatrix

theres alot of things i instantly wanted to say to you, for one you misinterpreted the OP and need to take a breath and calm down, the OP is upset that this advertising is being done, he didnt think it was true, being lied to can be upsetting whether the lie is believed or not.
When the OP said "It's out in the open now", doesn't that imply he DID think it was true? If he didn't think it was true, wouldn't he have said something like "I didn't believe it"?
Exactly what part of the OP leads you to believe they think it's not true?

Originally posted by SlyFox_79
It's out in the open now!!!
Well this bus had a big old sign on the back of it basically saying "95% of vitamins on the market cause cancer."

No Joke!!!

It's the first time I have seen anything like this and it breaks my heart.
Saying "it's out in the open now" implies to me that the OP did believe it.

OP feel free to clarify.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
No, i think the OP was stating that the true goal of the codex alimentarius is out in the open now. I think everyone here got that but you.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Just saw this on the bus.

it is from ... drum roll... somebody selling stuff! Looks like enzymes, fatty acid omega 3 pills and such.

www.toxicvitamin.org which is from a company called nutranomics.

The ad has a guy in a hazmat suit. Not a very good ad... hard to see what they selling

Here is the toxic vitamin pdf from their site.

"You may not be aware that many of the top brand nutritional supplement companies in
the country get their products developed and made in many of the same manufacturing
facilities. Many of these products contain harmful ingredients that may not be listed on
the label."

www.nutranomics.com...

Anyway, just people trying to sell you supplements.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

Your post is incorrect. There are independent purity testing organizations that constantly check many supplements that are non-FDA regulated. They are tested to see if label claims are what is actually in the product. Very rarely does a supplement test less than the manufacturer claims on the label.

Please do not post INACCURATE information.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I've been waiting for disinformation like this about vitamins to surface. Sounds like Codex Alimentarius is finally going to try to make a stab at getting us to stop taking vitamins, so we stay sick and leeching on the teet of the Pharmaceutical companies.

WHAT'S BEHIND CODEX ALMENTARIUS?
Behind the Codex Alimentarius Commission is the United Nations and the World Health Organization working in conjunction with the multinational pharmaceutical cartel and international banks. Its initial efforts in the US with the FDA were defeated, so it found another ally in the FTC. Now Codex, with the FTC and the pharmaceutical cartel behind it, it threatens to become a trade issue, using the campaign of Operation Cure-All to advance its goals.

Codex began simply enough when the U.N. authorized the World Health Organization and the Food and Agriculture Organization to develop a universal food code. Their purpose was to 'harmonize' regulations for dietary supplements worldwide and set international safety standards for the purposes of increased trade. Pharmaceutical interests stepped in and began exerting their influence. Instead of focusing on food safety, Codex is using its power to promote worldwide restrictions on vitamins and food supplements, severely limiting their availability and dosages.

REAL GOALS OF CODEX
This is to bring about international 'harmonization.' While global harmony sounds benign, is that the real purpose of this plan? While the stated goal of Codex is to establish unilateral regulations for dietary supplements in every country, the actual goal is to outlaw health products and information on vitamins and dietary supplements, except those under their direct control. These regulations would supersede United States domestic laws without the American people's voice or vote in the matter.

source: www.natural-health-information-centre.com...

There's endless information on the internet about it.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Everything gives you bloody cancer these days. All I have left is my Green tea packed with anti-oxidants that reduce free radicals.

Oh man if they take my tea away from me

Antioxidants cause cancer. You have to get special antioxidants from the nutrition company I work for. Its all natural. Its healthier. Only thing is they're sixty dollars for a bottle of fifteen. But can you really put a price on health?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
only on ATS would I have heard in the last 24 hours that sunlight cant cause skin cancer but vitamins cause cancer.

personally I'm going to keep on eating, drinking, and smoking whatever the hell I feel like and let the chips fall where they may

Amen brother.

2ND

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Sucking in the fumes from behind that bus has to be worse than any vitamin!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
How do we know this ad isn't the beginning of "CODEX ALIMENTARIUS?"

Big pharma is wanting to get rid of all the vitamins unless you get them with a prescription right?

Codex Alimentarius: Worldwide Restrictions on Nutritional Supplements

Under Codex, it would require a doctor's prescription to obtain supplements that we're now able to buy freely off the shelf in health food stores and online. Access would become expensive and highly inconvenient. This would affect health-conscious consumers worldwide, many of whom depend on therapeutic use of vitamins and minerals for their very survival.

Here's a ATS thread discussing it:

Codex Alimentarius (Mandate That Will Starve 3 Billion People to be In Place by 12/31/09)

So that's what I'm thinking... it's a setup! If they tell us vitamins cause cancer, everyone will stop buying them!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
BTW, that site... sells vitamins.

As for the Toxicity of that bus, yeah, what it left after it was gone was thick and stinky.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by catlantis]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join