It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul ponders 2012 Pres. Run

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
I'm pretty sure the jews running the media don't like Ron Paul.

first of all
I don't really care what the Jews think.
This is NOT Israel
this is America

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
thought I would bump
since most seemed to have missed
this as it dropped off the front page.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

What is even more telling is that the spelling of the word Zombie seems to be your only angle here. There are more ignorant things in this world than spelling mistakes. I suggest you do some self reflection on the definition of ignorance.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I've forgotten what many of his policies are, I have to read through everything on the site again, but I really don't think anything I find there is going to deter me from voting for him in 2012. I'll write him in if he's not on the ticket. Now I just have to worry about who's counting the votes...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

The video was awesome.

I just put it up on my blog.

Go Ron!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Umm, if Ron Paul were elected he would be 76, the oldest president ever, ending his term, if he made it that far, at 80. I'm sorry, but that's a consideration. I was at my state's Republican convention last time (I'll never do it again) and saw the adoration of his fans. It really was incredible how pumped up people were for him and also how manipulative his fans were in attempting to throw wrenches into the process, using obscure procedural issues to obfuscate--much like Obama's tactics.

Ron Paul is NOT going to get the Republican nomination. If he runs as an independent or Libertarian, he will wind up throwing the election to Obama just like Raph Nader threw the election to Bush, hanging chads notwithstanding. He has some interesting ideas I certainly agree with, and some quaint ones that are nothinmg short of bizzare.

I do not want Ron Paul as President.

I know this is a Ron Paul fan club, so I don't intend to follow the thread or debate the issue. Just put some stuff up to consider.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Doesn't really matter if he dies halfway through.

His VP would take over.

I'm sure his VP would be as equally stellar.

It wouldn't surprise me if he had Lew Rockwell as the veep.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mumbotron

You know. I think it's crazy that anybody could back a Libertarian in this day and age. Libertarians have been campaigning for smaller governments and less regulations on all industries for decades. Let's think about what we got for loosening the restrictions on the banking industry... how about the oil industry... it's just crazy to think a corporation would self regulate within the bounds of what is healthy for everyone else. Sure he stood up against the federal reserve, that's great and all, but there's more to it then that. Always watch out for the old bait and switch. This guy will have you all seeing the potential demise of the federal reserve while all industries become more unregulated and we start trading the Amero (with the same backers as the federal reserve).

I somewhat agree with you that no regulations are probably not a good idea. However we have had all the laws on the books necessary to stop the financial crisis yet they have been ignored. There has been rampant obvious fraud that has occurred which is still very much illegal, yet the banks were rewarded for the theft not punished. If the regulators are corrupt, why do we want or need to pay hundreds of millions for them?

Just look at the Madoff incident - the SEC was sent proof of his fraud for nearly ten years and did nothing. If something that obvious was ignored, what exactly is the SEC good for?

Basically it gets back to citizens needing to take responsibility for their government, and any corporation's that may be harming them by boycotting.

It's the whole who's watching the watchmen thing - and right now the vast majority of citizen's aren't.

If citizens really did pay attention to what is going on around them and we had a media that actually did it's job by pointing out injustices instead of covering them up than I do believe the regulations would be unnecessary, because people would do the regulation themselves.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Umm, if Ron Paul were elected he would be 76, the oldest president ever, ending his term, if he made it that far, at 80. I'm sorry, but that's a consideration.

May I remind you that Strom Thurmond remained a US Senator
up til he was 100 years old.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just because you're not fresh out of college doesn't
mean you can't do the job. So you my friend are
discriminating against him due to his age. That is
illegal in the work place.

Besides, older means wiser in most cases and I would
say that is the case here as well.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

You know. I think it's crazy that anybody could back a Libertarian in this day and age. Libertarians have been campaigning for smaller governments and less regulations on all industries for decades. Let's think about what we got for loosening the restrictions on the banking industry... how about the oil industry... it's just crazy to think a corporation would self regulate within the bounds of what is healthy for everyone else. Sure he stood up against the federal reserve, that's great and all, but there's more to it then that. Always watch out for the old bait and switch. This guy will have you all seeing the potential demise of the federal reserve while all industries become more unregulated and we start trading the Amero (with the same backers as the federal reserve).

Oh yes, imagine if we had no restrictions on the oil industry, why, anything could happen, like a gigantic oil gusher in the Gulf of Mexico. But thanks to regulations, the Gulf is pristine clean.

Or...if Ron Paul was president, he wouldn't order federal regulators to interfere in State and local clean up efforts.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

You are seeing my point. The oil industry is poorly regulated and there is no accountability. If it were up to the Libertarians of years gone by, there would be even LESS regulation and oversight for industries. The old Libertarian rally cry has always been "Let the market decide what is healthy" . Another poster gets into the real meat of the issue by stating there's nobody watching the watchers. We need to clean the house of all public servants that are working for special interests instead of justice and the public.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

You are seeing my point. The oil industry is poorly regulated and there is no accountability. If it were up to the Libertarians of years gone by, there would be even LESS regulation and oversight for industries. The old Libertarian rally cry has always been "Let the market decide what is healthy" . Another poster gets into the real meat of the issue by stating there's nobody watching the watchers. We need to clean the house of all public servants that are working for special interests instead of justice and the public.

The fact is, regulations didn't save the Gulf, I suppose in theory more regulations maybe would save it, but since the government is only expanding and more problems are being created, there is reason to try the opposite course. Plus, the establishment hates Ron Paul because he's a constitutionalist, which is the only regulation we need, seeing as it is the supreme law of the land.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I'm sorry if this sounds rude but seriously, I think it's nuts to believe that any corporation (oil industry, manufacturing...you name it), would self regulate within the bounds of what is safe and healthy. Why wouldn't they drill baby drill if there was nobody to say no. You're right about the regulators we have now being corrupt and ineffective... it's almost like we have no regulators now... libertarians just want to make that official.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I would vote for him if he ever got the nomination but like last time I don't see that happening. The Repubs laughed at him and lied about him so everyone thought his supporters were crazy.

I'm not crazy. Far from it.

I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but he's the only one who tells it like it is without some ridiculous spin on it.

Is he perfect? No. No one is but he's the best we have going for us at this time.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
Is he perfect? No. No one is but he's the best we have going for us at this time.

great line
I agree with ya

and us nutters are just loonies right??? lol

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
he had my vote last time and will this time.. however i thing he would be entering the most challenging administration in the history of this nation.. Really holly crap what a mess to walk into and have the clean up. How many years of the neorepublicrats have been in there messing everything up.. but it wold be a reality check for most Americans thats for sure..

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
[edit on 9-7-2010 by jeh2324]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
He has my vote, but I get a deep feeling he doesn't really want to win....

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeh2324
He has my vote, but I get a deep feeling he doesn't really want it....

I think he does want it
but I don't think he wants
the CONSEQUENCES of it.

If elected,
I think the entire banking structure and
TPTB are gonna do bad things to stop
him. I see another example being made
like with JFK. That is what I think
he thinks is gonna happen.
He wants to help America
but he doesn't have a death wish either.
He will have to weigh the two
and search his soul for the answer.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I love Ron Paul...I supported him throughout the primaries, gave money, and did what I could to spread the word. Ron Paul and I disagree on a number of issues, but his pursuit of freedom is authentic and welcome. There is too much disparity not only in the USA but throughout the world. We need to get our own house in order first this is an obvious first step. However, we cannot afford to entirely abandon social programs or limit them, when monetary security is not flowing correctly to the people. We should bring all the troops home, and build bases here in America using Americans. All imports should receive heavy tariffs which are used to fund social programs. Income taxes for companies and people done away with. Sales taxes can continue to fund government. Regulation overturned, and common law reinstated. Let the people regulate themselves through lawsuits.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join