It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul ponders 2012 Pres. Run

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Ron Paul ponders 2012 Pres. Run

Des Moines, Iowa (CNN)
When Rep. Ron Paul walked into Hy-Vee Hall last month, a single blue sign
with a simple message was placed near the escalator that took him upstairs
to a fundraiser attended by 300 Republican activists.

It read: "President Ron Paul 2012."

The sign was symbolic in many ways: Even as Iowa Republicans are focused
on midterm elections, the 2012 presidential contest is not far from their minds.
And it was just three years ago that Paul did not receive an invitation to
participate in a presidential candidate forum held in this very building.

www.cnn.com...

video also embedded on that page

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Paul also would like your support to get 25,000
supporters. Go vote !!!!

www.ronpaul.com...

[edit on 8-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

The sad story is:

This war is against ourselves, our values, our Constitution, our financial well being and common sense, and at the rate we are going, it is going to end badly. What we need are honest leaders with character and a new foreign policy.

-Ron Paul Statement on the war on terror

I couldn't agree more, common sense is better than insanity. I'm voting for Ron Paul in 2012.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I never heard about the voting part yet. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I voted yes, and already posted it all over my facebook. Almost everyone I know will be voting yes.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
In my opinion

If Ron Paul gets the GOP Party Nomination

AND

has a strong VP Candidate on the ticket

then NO Democrat will have a chance
in an election in 2012, including Obama.

That was the purpose of the fundraiser
in this article I believe .... 2012 run

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I'd even vote for the guy , and I'm not even American.
I say good luck RP, maybe if it works over there it'll have a knockon effect over the pond.
It's about time someone with common sense appealed to the masses instead of corporate whores f****ng over the public and the planet.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You know. I think it's crazy that anybody could back a Libertarian in this day and age. Libertarians have been campaigning for smaller governments and less regulations on all industries for decades. Let's think about what we got for loosening the restrictions on the banking industry... how about the oil industry... it's just crazy to think a corporation would self regulate within the bounds of what is healthy for everyone else. Sure he stood up against the federal reserve, that's great and all, but there's more to it then that. Always watch out for the old bait and switch. This guy will have you all seeing the potential demise of the federal reserve while all industries become more unregulated and we start trading the Amero (with the same backers as the federal reserve).

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I felt nothing when Obama got elected. I really didn't give a rats a$$ when it was all over the news with people crying and being so happy. It was actually one of the most empty feelings I have ever had.

However, just watching 2 minutes of Ron Paul speaking makes me so happy and excited that I can feel the adrenaline rush and dopamine being released in my body. I would take a bullet for this man. If he wins for president in 2012, I will know how those people crying for Obama's victory felt ten fold. Then I would go apply to be his body guard. Multiple times.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Maybe you should rely on how you think more then how you feel. Think about what Libertarians believe. Think about who his campaign contributors. Think about what other Libertarians have been saying over the last decade. I hear you on how people tend to get carried away with the mania of support for their candidate, especially Obama... you seem to be a bit fanatical yourself.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
However, just watching 2 minutes of Ron Paul speaking makes me so happy and excited that I can feel the adrenaline rush and dopamine being released in my body.

I know how you feel
I get excited listening to him also.
Sure hope he wins
America needs a real leader
that can produce real change.
Obama didn't deliver !!!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mumbotron
reply to post by LeTan

Maybe you should rely on how you think more then how you feel.

America used it's thinking cap with Obama
see where that got us !!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Yikes, well if you are willing to admit it's time to start acting without thinking then maybe the zombee apocalypse has already begun.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Yikes, well if you are willing to admit it's time to start acting without thinking then maybe the zombee apocalypse has already begun.

No, u misunderstood my point.

My point was we THOUGHT Obama was gonna
bring change, he promised it and run his platform
on it. He lied!!! We based our thinking on lies.

Take the thinking away and base it on gut instinct
and most time your gut is right. That gut is a feeling.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Quick! Get out the GOP Diebold Machines! They have to be good for something right? Let's put in Ron Paul! That way we can have 4 years of people on this board bitching and complaining about him!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Basing it on your gut feeling. Colbert made a funny parody of GW Bush at the white house correspondents dinner regarding Bush's tendency to go with his gut rather then common sense. So what you are saying is as far as you are concerned Yee-Haw lets all get ourselves into a mob and forget common sense... lets go with our guts.... that's the makings of a good old fashioned Zombee Apocalypse if I've ever seen one. Anybody... and I mean anybody who is going to ignore facts and go with their gut is IGNORANT. I firmly deny the practice of "going with your gut" in the spirit of the motto of this website which is Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mumbotron

Yes, I agree I am a bit of a fanatic. I'm tired of how politicians are, you can see right through them, you can determine that all they want is that seat of power. I can't see that in Ron Paul as much as I have tried.

Yes I'm a fanatic, even the nicest dogs bite when you step on their tail one too many times. I know it will sound ignorant but I will trust my gut on this one too. It's a gamble, but what Ron Paul wants to do will bring actual change. I'm a simple man, I didn't even understand all what Obama wanted to do. I didn't understand all his political jibber jabber. However, Ron Paul's words rang clear with me. If it wrecks everything and our system starts breaking down, hell yeah. If you're opposed to that, well, creation comes from destruction. Or something along those lines.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by LeTan]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Reply to post by LeTan

He has my vote.

Second line

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by LeTan

He has my vote.

lol
Lemon
I was wondering when you were gonna show up

Hadn't seen ya in a while. U still hiding in the shadows???
lol

yep, he's got my vote too
even if he doesn't get the nomination
and even if he doesn't run
he's a write-in

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Basing it on your gut feeling. Colbert made a funny parody of GW Bush at the white house correspondents dinner regarding Bush's tendency to go with his gut rather then common sense. So what you are saying is as far as you are concerned Yee-Haw lets all get ourselves into a mob and forget common sense... lets go with our guts.... that's the makings of a good old fashioned Zombee Apocalypse if I've ever seen one. Anybody... and I mean anybody who is going to ignore facts and go with their gut is IGNORANT. I firmly deny the practice of "going with your gut" in the spirit of the motto of this website which is Deny Ignorance.

what I do find ironic is that you're calling me ignorant
yet you cannot even spell the word ZOMBIE correctly !!!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by LeTan
However, just watching 2 minutes of Ron Paul speaking makes me so happy and excited that I can feel the adrenaline rush and dopamine being released in my body.

I know how you feel
I get excited listening to him also.
Sure hope he wins
America needs a real leader
that can produce real change.
Obama didn't deliver !!!

I'm pretty sure the jews running the media don't like Ron Paul. When they do mention him, it's usually to equate his name with anti-semitism. They run this dog and pony show, and I am sure there'll be a lot of scrambling to distance themselves from barry, while plopping a fresh steamer to 'elect' on our tv screens, and slamming RP, his 'age', his connections, his supporters etc..., simultaneously! They are our masters, and they are masterful at this. Any way you look at it, RP will have plenty of reasons for them to ignore him, or anyone like him, again.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join