It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Airforce Future Weapons Proposals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Nice. Thanks, Abovetopsecret.com I'm giving you a way above vote

j/k

btw that super capacity lighter-than-air lifter, would that be like a blimp? Too big of a target, easy to spot, easy to shoot down.

[edit on 17-7-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
when did somebodys avatar become the main point of conecture on a thread anyway. Common it doesn't matter everyone is entitled to the re own opinion and avatar he earned the points to buy the avatar let him have it in peace will you.

Anyway back to the weapons. Even though i believe there was no OFFICIAL report like this one put out its still viable these things are being researched. The lighter than air super lifter would be plausible if it didn't use inert gases or what not as a mode of suspension. Maybe some kind of new molecular compound that is super light maybe antigravity, whatever it is it's most likely being researched by some scientists in a top secret lab. My point is that this specific list is B.S. It is not official theres no proof it was ever released to any official where the addressing statement or anything it just looks like the list of units in command and conquer or something. When it has a real government stamp signature dat and names on it of reputable dignataries i might believe it. Still don't believe everything you read, for that matter anything unless you have seen it done in person, even then believe only half of what you see.

I'm done here its only gonna become a hypothetical playground of what ifs and this might that could and who cares the main point i estabilished is made and anything more would be redundant. Good bye thread i'm leaving .

I didn't intend to be melodramatic there. Sorry

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Yes it is going to turn into alot of what ifs... but I like that.

I noticed there was alot of emphasis towards defence from other orbit born, and other space born targets. Thats good. Its about time we started thinking about defending ourselves from the possibility of a collision with asteroids.

Other than that though, its been said many times, but the idea of being targeted from a sattelite that can actually do something about your presence disturbs me. If it can be done discretely, whos to say it wont be used to 'silence' anyone who opposes current government actions?

And yes, I was wondering that myself. Theyre thinking of using a BLIMP as a launch platform?! Yeah, I can see the evasive actions that thing will take when a SAM is launched at it... none at all.

[edit on 31-1-2006 by johnsky]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
These ideas are cool I like the thought of it but it seems like it costs lots of lots of money.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Very nice. I am going to have to read through these as I find many of the concepts very interesting.

When I worked at WPAFB I used to talk to some of the folks at AFRL and they had some amazing ideas. Wonder when we will see some of them.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
These ideas are cool I like the thought of it but it seems like it costs lots of lots of money.

Black budget is estimated at 2/3 trillion dollars(with all the dirty money involved), maybe it is even 5 trillion dollars a year as rummy cant even keep track of 2.6 trillion dollars.

Wouldnt suprise me if they got half these stuff in good numbers already if you look how long these black projects have been going on.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I think some of these weapons are great, actually a few of them seem to be straight out of SG1 & SGA, like some of the high energy and kinetic energy weapons. Also the UCAV and UCAV Mothership is a great idea, they may cost some in the long run but pilots not being blown to bits in a combat situation is fine by me, better metal than skin. Some of these proposals on the other hand are overkill, like another user said whats the point? Our technology is expanding, and with the government being 10years ahead of what we actually see I have no doubt some of these will be born very soon. Any space vehicle and or weapons are what I actually have high hopes for, right now we have minimal protection from space, other than maybe some satellites with missile defense, I look forward to seeing how far humans will go to protect whats left of Earth. Honestly you never know when, where, or who our enemies are. I just hope after the dust settles were not in a wasteland, I love my country, my father fought for it, now my little brother.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Attack Microbots

There is the one right there that will determine the future of warfare, it will end submarine war fare, probably Naval warfare as we know it upon deployment, no sub can even remotely combat 100 Sardine sized attack bots in the water, no way to target them, and one or two small holes spells the end of a ship, even one getting into the reactor would be the end of a sub, same would go for any ship at sea although small holes aren't as much of a crisis above the water, your still going to sink, and there is really no limit to where a small robot could crawl once it pierced a ships shell...

Ditto would go for a modern jet trying to fly against a 'swarm" of hundreds or thousands of miniature craft, this sort of thing, many miniature robots, could provide 100% Nuclear protection, by swarming a general flight path you could assure taking out almost any incoming missile

Bullets that can "fly" like miniature jets i.e. not "die" until they take out a target... so many, so many applications...

It simply really does change all aspects of warfare,

a small swarm of Wasps... "robot wasps" could in theory be built to swim, fly and crawl and perhaps even go orbital given how light they would be... There would be no target they couldn't acquire, a satellite wouldn't stand a chance, a sub, even a tank column hidden in a jungle could be sought out by robotic insects, undetectable, flying inches above the ground or swimming in the ocean, spread out, n radar signal coming together only at the target location...

The Movie the matrix gave reality no justice by the "Sentinels" being 40 ft long,

In reality they would have gone micro, the sentinels would be an inch long each, untargetable, 1,000 x more numerous and you'd never know they were coming.

All you'd ever have like the movie would be an EMP Burst... and how viable is that?

Interesting days ahead, where a Mosquito can be flown in a world leaders window and infect him with Meningitis and leave without being detected... or a Nuclear Power plant can be destroyed by some "robotic worms' crawling into a computer

My Micro bot of Choice?

I'd like a small fly that can enter a computer and attach itself and become part of the hardware

Why just chew holes in a submarine when undetected you could crawl inside and gain access to its systems and control it?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight

Originally posted by wildcat

Black budget is estimated at 2/3 trillion dollars(with all the dirty money involved), maybe it is even 5 trillion dollars a year as rummy cant even keep track of 2.6 trillion dollars.

Wouldnt suprise me if they got half these stuff in good numbers already if you look how long these black projects have been going on.

Just to add to the numbers part of all this. Not to many people know that Department of Defense lost track of $2.3 Trillion (with a T) dollars. Rumsfield on Sept 10, 2001 came came out with this news about the lost money and on Sept 11, 2001 the Army's Budget Office just happen to get destroyed in the attack on the Pentagon.

Just kind of puts a new spin on what happened on 9/11. Thats a lot of money to play games with.

www.youtube.com...

Just remember this video about 2.3 trillion dollars unaccounted for next time your children have to sell junk/candy for new books or to go on a field trip. I have heard of schools recently having to shut down because of no money to keep them going. You have to love the Military Industrial Complex. Well, they will have a place in the military when they fail out of school.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by A NeWorlDisorder]

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm wondering if we can get together on Ats and make some kind of "master list" of weapons? A list of weapons developed, currently in production, projected, theorized, cancelled, etc throughout modern history?

This idea sort of grew out of the reports of massive government waste, which I briefly summarized recently here.

I'm sure it would be a huge undertaking, for example, check out the Wikipedia list of weaponry. However not everything is on here, there could be some classified "ufo craft" which might be weaponized and used by certain military groups.

And the theme of waste ties into military waste, here's a list of cancelled military projects and a list of outrageous military projects.

A list of Top Secret Projects is found here, with a list of Hi-Tech weapons here.

Lastly there are lots of related documents available at the Public Intelligence website.
edit on 11-3-2012 by anotherseeker because: added new links

top topics

<< 1   >>

join