It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation Proof

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Wanted to further this a bit. She is a very curious child....it truly seems at times that she has already been here before, not just as my brother's child, but maybe even before that. When she was born she sat up by 2 and a half months and would try and push herself off of our laps..she wanted to get down and go, she walked by 8 months, she climbed the steps by 6mths. We took her swimming that year and she loved it but wanted us to let her go. The following year, when she was not quite one yet, she didnt want to be placed in any tubes or be held, she wanted us to put her down. Last year, when it turned swimming weather and she was just about 2, we did let her go...and she swam. The child has never had any swimming lessons at all. She even knew how to hold her nose (not with her fingers but by holding her breath) and could go underwater. She began dressing herself by age 2. She didn't talk, it wasn't that she couldn't, she just didn't. (that was also what made her occasional outburst so peculiar) and my brother had very much been the same way when he was a child. She seems to know things....its very rare that we have to teach her anything, she just seems to "know" it already. She is fluent in Spanish and English even though the only spanish she has had is Dora, there were even times when she would want something but I didn't understand what because she was speaking in spanish. She knows her ABCs...has known them since about 18mths, and by "knowing" them, I mean, she knows them....She can sing them, say them, recognize them, write them, and sound them. She can count to 100. And I know that this could all just point to her intelligence..but you would have to be here to see what I mean, to understand, these are not just repetitions that she is learning..these are things that she just seemed to "know" She tells jokes and pulls pranks on us and she is not even 3 yet. She just has this personality about her that she knows something we don't, and the way she carries herself she is so sure of herself and the world around her. That of course could just be a good sense of self and confidence but again, you would have to be here to see what I mean...its done and she does it in a way that its not learned..she already knows it.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
reply to post by zzombie

Interesting.

I always thought it was interesting that Mary didn't recognize Jesus after He was resurrected.

John 20:15-16

15 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener , saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.

16 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.

The Bible has a lot of verses that, to me, hint toward reincarnation but on the other hand it says men are appointed once to die and then the judgment. But I could even fit reincarnation into that if I wanted.

Heb 9:26-27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

I'm still on the fence and it doesn't matter to me either way. Some people I've talked to don't want to come back to this earth. If reincarnation does exist, I wonder if we have a choice to come back.

I don't think reincarnation undermines Christianity. But there are probably some Christians that disagree with me on this.

Peace

I went to a Christian school and am aware of the bible, but these days I largely believe that religion is a metaphor, if you view it this way all the religions are metaphorically correct, and all of them metaphorically agree with science.

Do you think Jesus metaphorically reincarnated as in a next life?

The bible metaphorically describes the order of events in the big bang in a way that was bastardised, so the world of 2,000 years ago could understand.

I believe in the eternity of the soul and in re-incarnation, and the metaphorical concept of heaven and hell, you make an impact, however small on the world and in your next life the world will be that little tiny bit more "heavenly" or "hellish" depending on the actions you take now in your current life and theoretically, if the world were more black and white between good and evil, be more so that way depending if more people on a large scale improved or degraded our world

Food for thought....

edited for better wording

[edit on 9-7-2010 by rufusthestuntbum]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Azp420

I had a discussion once with someone on reincarnation like 15 years ago. Apparently someone wrote a book that explained how you can have reincarnation along with the increased population. Problem is, I can't remember the explanation much less the book, but I remember that it made a lot of sense.

I am sorry! lol But know that there is a book out there that explains it.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
i have always felt since a child of 2 i was here before and never was comfortable with the religious believes i was raised Christian. but i felt like there was some missing info in the bible this belief in reincarnation really helps me coup with the though of death more so than any other religious belief. thank you for the info.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

That was great. Thanks
Before you say no to a child ask yourself why you are saying no. Is it because it may inconvenience you? I was reminded of this last week when my kids asked if they could play in the rain. I told them no because I did not want to deal with the mess they would create. Luckily my wife came home and told them yes and reminded me of why I say no. I have a lot to learn but I am trying.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by slane69

Originally posted by Pacal Votan

Originally posted by slane69

Originally posted by Pacal Votan
2 weeks ago while having breakfast my four year old daughter begins speaking about death. She stated that when we die we return to do it all over again. My children do not watch TV.

My 4 year old daughter the other day told me that eating candy instead of vegetables would be better for her. So what is your point exactly?

My point is, friend, you may have the opportunity to come back and be obnoxious all over again. Is that not great?

Nice, I have to give you points for that come back.

Seriously though you didn't answer my question. A child says it and suddenly it is truth? If a certain story gets them attention they will use it as much as they can. A strong Pavlovian response is not evidence of anything besides good training.

I never said it was truth. I just shared a story that is related to the topic. Take from it what you like. Please explain your last sentence as I do not understand what classical conditioning has to do with what I shared. Thanks

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Pacal Votan

Sorry, should have clarified not directed at you, directed towards original post.

Second

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusthestuntbum

I believe in the eternity of the soul and in re-incarnation, and the metaphorical concept of heaven and hell, you make an impact, however small on the world and in your next life the world will be that little tiny bit more "heavenly" or "hellish" depending on the actions you take now in your current life and theoretically, if the world were more black and white between good and evil, be more so that way depending if more people on a large scale improved or degraded our world

Glad that you made that point. I hope people are paying attention to this, because society has collectively ignored their responsibility to future generations.

Were not just selling our children into slavery, were selling our children's children (ourselves) into slavery.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by zzombie]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Sylvia Browne has the best notion of the re-incarnation believe that I have heard so far. She says that we choose to come back to here to learn and experience for the enlightenment of our soul. Before we descend to earth to have a physical body, we write down a script of what we want to happen to us. If you choose a life where you take on a great burden such as a disability, martyr, victim, being murdered amongst other more dreadful lives, you are trying to enlighten your soul the most. If you write the script with too much then you are advised by the council to adapt it and this is why some people commit suicide as they didn't and op-t out intentionally before their script has ended properly. We have five exit points as well where we can go back to the other side, choosing it unconsciously.
On the other side, it is like a two dimensional world where you are a spirit being. You can at will build a house in no time at all, travel to a country, as the place you go is like earth. The temperature is set at constant mid summer with no night time just a kind of twilight colour in the sky. There are no insects or birds but animals such as pets can live there with you.
Your family here on earth might not correlate there. I likened it to a computer game called The Sims when I heard the explanation Sylvia Browne gave. She has numerous books out and on itunes you can download conference talks she has visited. Her humour is dry but very funny. She is almost like a spiritual comedian when you listen to her.
Has anyone else thought that this is a good explanation of the afterlife?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Again, this was not proof. However, thanx for bringing this to light OP. Makes one ponder about the mysteries of life. Great thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Sorry, double post.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by brilab45]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalenga
Sylvia Browne has the best notion of the re-incarnation believe that I have heard so far. She says that we choose to come back to here to learn and experience for the enlightenment of our soul. Before we descend to earth to have a physical body, we write down a script of what we want to happen to us. If you choose a life where you take on a great burden such as a disability, martyr, victim, being murdered amongst other more dreadful lives, you are trying to enlighten your soul the most. If you write the script with too much then you are advised by the council to adapt it and this is why some people commit suicide as they didn't and op-t out intentionally before their script has ended properly. We have five exit points as well where we can go back to the other side, choosing it unconsciously.
On the other side, it is like a two dimensional world where you are a spirit being. You can at will build a house in no time at all, travel to a country, as the place you go is like earth. The temperature is set at constant mid summer with no night time just a kind of twilight colour in the sky. There are no insects or birds but animals such as pets can live there with you.
Your family here on earth might not correlate there. I likened it to a computer game called The Sims when I heard the explanation Sylvia Browne gave. She has numerous books out and on itunes you can download conference talks she has visited. Her humour is dry but very funny. She is almost like a spiritual comedian when you listen to her.
Has anyone else thought that this is a good explanation of the afterlife?

I haven't listened to her but I think she is pretty close. Sounds to me like she is describing the astral plane where people who do not fulfil thier dreams in life go and are successful at what they weren't in life but was their greatest desire. However it is a dream world and not real but you can create things by just thinking. This is where the Christian heaven is and many other places believed in cultures. But eventually you will get bored with that and when you reach a certain point in evolution you will go to the mental planes which are real and bypass the astral worlds and this is where you really start progressing and planning with your council your future incarnations to uplift humanity.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Reincarnation is a very interesting topic and in my opinion Child Past life memories go a long way in bringing credibility to its existence. There is a forum called Child past life memories with hundred of other cases like this one. Check it out if you find this subject as intriguing as I do.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
What I find as one of the most convincing "coincidences" on after life and spirit is that religions from all different parts of the world said that you are a spirit (consciousness) which inhabits an animal. All religions say this but at the same time none of them had known about each other until after their beliefs were developed. Buddhism and Hinduism developed around the same time the Judaism developed and they were both on completely different coroners of the world.

I believe that reincarnation was taught in the bible but it was just called resurrection. Didn't Mary say that they didn't even recognize Jesus when he was resurrected. What about all the JFK and Abraham Lincoln "coincidences?"

There are way to many "coincidences" for this all to be just a "coincidence."

I'll just call it synchronicity and harmony. We're all in motion in harmony with everything else in this realm and every other realm in all of existence.
Your consciousness is an electromagnetic wave, scientists still can't describe what a "memory" is. They can't describe muscle memory. The senses are simply your body trying to translate to your consciousness senses which are emotions. All is One and One is All. We are all manifestations of "GOD" experiencing itself subjectively. If you live forever than how can you be created. If you had a beginning you would have an end. Because this universe would pass over that doesn't mean that the other realms would pass over.

(edit to add) You don't need religion to teach you that. Just study it for yourself and gain your beliefs and morals from personal experiences. Don't let others do it for you. I agree religion has an infinite amount of philosophy that all of must study. But most stories in most religions are just symbolism. Important this symbolism is, is a mere understatement. There is truth to all religions deeper than what any of us can understand. They all teach the same thing there just all painted differently.)

[edit on 9-7-2010 by elfulanozutan0]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Azp420

That is a good argument, but I've already worked that out for myself. Although there are more humans, there are much less animals and diversity in nature.

If there is on central life force and it is manifested in many ways, then reincarnation can be accounted for. Maybe a flower is a small part of a life force, and a Giant Redwood is another larger part. A 200 year old sea turtle that has explored and experienced things that man only dreams of, and a tiny worker bee that is truly a selfless member of a society.

Who are we to assume that our soul is the most important one? I envy the turtle and the bee and the mighty oak. If I do a half decent job on this go around, I hope to experience things differently from a better perspective next time.

I keep an open mind on this fascinating topic and do not hold strong beliefs one way or the other. I do however believe in the one central life force that you talk about. The point you made is an interesting one which I once thought about but didn't stop at life on planet earth. If there is life in other parts of the universe it might be possible that we could come back anywhere.

It would be a beautiful thing to experience the world as a mighty oak, turtle or bee.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Of all the people that claim to be reincarnated, nobody has ever been
a reincarnated chimney sweep from bristol or a Sewer Cleaner from seatle.
They all seem to be reincarneted from lives that had a interesting past, with
a certain amount notoriety or accomplishment as if to give their own dreary
life meaning.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
that book deal at the end of it ...some how made it loose all creditability to me.
Not saying it isn't true just it seems fishy to me

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by zzombie

Of all the people that claim to be reincarnated, nobody has ever been
a reincarnated chimney sweep from bristol or a Sewer Cleaner from seatle.
They all seem to be reincarneted from lives that had a interesting past, with
a certain amount notoriety or accomplishment as if to give their own dreary
life meaning.

Hey there skeptic_al,

I've been reading this thread from the beginning with great interest ... and I have smiled a lot at some of the misconceptions people have about this subject.

I haven't posted since the very beginning of the thread because I just wanted to observe ... plus most of the members who have been here a while already know my take on this subject and/or have read my old thread entitles - 'Spontaneous Pastlife Memory'... simply put ... I didn't want to bore those members by repeating myself.

>>>LINK

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I also have a theory about Past-life Regression Therapists....
They just enfoce in people what they want to Hear.
In other words it's just the Power of Suggestion.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I found a Pdf file from Ian stevenson as i was looking for information about another subject, as i recently just read this thread i decided that this information would be useful on the subject as it states some of the things he has found out. Here is the intro into the pdf file.

Abstract-Ian Stevenson began researching cases of young children who claimed to remember previous lives in 1961. His approach involved a rational, scientific attempt to discern exactly what the children said about a previous life and how much of it could be verified to be accurate for one particular deceased individual. He discovered that cases could be found all over the world. He also learned that memories were not the only items that seemed to carry over for these children. A number had birthmarks that matched wounds suffered by the previous person, and many demonstrated anxieties or emotional longing that appeared to be derived from the previous events that they described. Researchers have now studied over 2500 cases in a project that is still ongoing. This review traces the history of these investigations and presents the current work, which includes increasing use of a database containing over 200 variables for each case. The conclusions that can and cannot be drawn from the research are examined, and future studies to be done in this area are considered.

Here is the link to the pdf file

www.scientificexploration.org...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join