It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Airport closed due to UFO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

UFO disrupts air traffic in east China
Last Updated(Beijing Time):2010-07-08 11:47

An unidentified flying object disrupted air traffic over Hangzhou, capital of east China's Zhejiang Province, late Wednesday, the municipal government said Thursday.

Xiaoshan Airport was closed after the UFO was detected at around 9 p.m. and some flights were rerouted to airports in Ningbo and Wuxi cities, said an airport spokesman.

The airport had resumed operations and more details would be revealed after an investigation, he said.

en.ce.cn...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Thanks for the link. I would be interested in reading more when or if it ever comes out.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

for sure.... it seems as well the Chinese government are more transparent when it comes to UFO's.
So lets hope the airport investigation gets us some juicy details. I meen for an entire airport to be closed and flghts diverted there must have been something big up there!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
u gotta be kidding

all those people at the airport
with thousands of cameras
and not one picture ????

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
u gotta be kidding

all those people at the airport
with thousands of cameras
and not one picture ????

Well i doubt the airport announced there was a ufo over the public address system. And who knows how high it was? It may of not been visible to the eye but shown on radar.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Even if there were pictures, they would be blurry and out of focus. Or look like a bird or bug or lens flare. And if there were any crystal clear pictures, they'd be called fakes.

It doesn't matter either way, nothing will be good enough until one lands on CNN.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
S&F

This must have been a substantial event to have caused such a ruckus.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Who knows, someone may come forward with a pic later.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Let's hope this turns out to be true!

I am guessing China wouldn't comply willingly with the U.S stand point on covering up such incidents.

Let's hope they release some information on this and not just quickly sweep it under the rug.

*lets his mind wonder back to the Chicago Incident*

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
If asians are good at one thing its taking pictures, it seems that they were born with a camera on the clicker...sheesh all you asians and no pictures...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
If asians are good at one thing its taking pictures, it seems that they were born with a camera on the clicker...sheesh all you asians and no pictures...

Nah your thinking of the Japanese, not the Chinese

now if this was in Tokyo or somewhere then it would be a different story.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mark_Frost

They are very open when it comes to UFO's. Unlike the Western powers. Even for the airport to acnowledge this is a thumbs up.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Most people don't walk around with their camera at the ready to take a picture.

Life just does not work that way Bud.

People if they have a camera usually pose for photos or take pictures of what interests them.

I have been to places where professional photographers have not gotten shots of things that have happened.

They are just like everybody else.When something happens that is not expected they get caught up in the moment.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Very interesting story and exciting if it turns out to be true also! does sound promising... as for no photos of the ufo, yes thats disappointing but iv been places with a camera and seen a couple of things that are suprising and I get caught up in the moment and miss taking a pic.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Don't get to drooling too prematurely, guys. Remember that airport in Siberia that got briefly closed due to a UFO some years back? Turned out the bright object sitting at the end of the runway that frightened a taxiing aircrew was exactly where -- drumroll =-- Venus also was glaring.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Right, yeah I saw thousands of untouchables in India and Cambodia with digital SLRs....

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

don't get your hopes up; its the native land of CHINESE lanterns

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
A staff said the passengers and staffs could not see it with naked eyes, but it was detected by some observation instruments.

you can use Google translator read this news.
society.people.com.cn...

[edit on 8-7-2010 by ncspz]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The Siberian airport closure story was at Barnaul, and even pro-UFO discussion groups soon agreed the pilots had been viewing Venus.

January 27, 2001
www.ufologie.net...

Now, run heavens-above for Hangzhou at 9 PM last night, and see what people would be looking at in the low western sky....

[edit on 8-7-2010 by JimOberg]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
You are right, I explained for who is finding a photo.
I also don't think the UFO was very unearthly, it can be explained as many usual causes.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Here's the translated site post..

"8th from Hangzhou Xiaoshan Airport was informed, resulting in 7th at the airport blockade, the number of flights landed Ningbo, Wuxi and UFO, have been involved, but has yet to find its whereabouts.

Airport related news spokesman said, air traffic control personnel 7th 9 points found over the airport a UFO, immediately notified passengers, blocking the airport.

"The Passenger Terminal Apron, staff are not likely to have witnessed the aircraft", an airport staff said, "some observation equipment can be found."

Xiaoshan Airport spokesman said that the investigation of the airport has been restored to normal order, however, the regulatory personnel to the information in the survey clearly UFO inconvenience the public.

The airport closed one hour the 7th night large number of flights landed Ningbo, Wuxi, the Airport, flight delays in 34 hours. (Reporter Zhang passing)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join