It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck University

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
No, seriously.

Finally a virtual utopia where I can learn to over-inflate my paycheck by being a melodramatic hack?

Beck U!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

I know quite a few ATS members that will soon be sporting PHD's from Glenn Beck U.

Oh that ought to be a laugh riot!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This has to be the latest April fools joke ever.... I mean seriously what the hell?

Funny stuff

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
OH yeah! Beck U!
No Beck you!
Beck off or the Becker gets it
Beckin Becker 's Becked
Holy Beck!
When I say Beck off this is where the Beck U should go...
UsedBECKistan
Ahhhh what the Beck

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
to coin a phrase "Hello; You sick, twisted freak" for those that take this radio personality seriously, and Rush does "Prozac" mean anything? come on they are in it for the bucks. They do not have a clue as to the real world. would you see them eating at a 1$ burger joint? Now if you listen for the S&G, the one sided look at me I'm better than you, hot air just for the laughs then ok your like the rest of us hard working, wonder if we will have a pay check, or a job next week, let alone tomorrow, if the gents were the real deal they would tell both sides of the story, not just one "Stop the tape! stop the tape!" how dare me put them down! were are you going with this, get to the point. i thought i did

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
To tell you the truth I cant stand the guy. I think he is to much of a clown with very important topics and it makes me dislike him.

But he is one of the few people in the main stream asking tough questions. Am I wrong or am I right and leave the like or dislike out of it. And also ask yourself if he was asking these questions about Bush would you support it then.

This world is not lead by the facts anymore it is lead by faces without substance and political correct rules the day. I truly fear for this country.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

This world is not lead by the facts anymore it is lead by faces without substance and political correct rules the day. I truly fear for this country.

QUICK! Get a chalkboard and some vapo rub and you too can make millions of dollars in disinformation!

It's like if Rahm Emanuel speaks about anything, don't you just want to taze him and beat him with a baseball bat? Or is that just me?

[edit on 7/8/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

QUICK! Get a chalkboard and some vapo rub and you too can make millions of dollars in disinformation!

It's like if Rahm Emanuel speaks about anything, don't you just want to taze him and beat him with a baseball bat? Or is that just me?

To tell you the truth I dont trust any of them. I think they are all on the same team. '

That is why we need to look at issues and not the men and women feeding them to us. Issues not men. Both sides need to see this for what it is. Lies on top of lies.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

To tell you the truth I dont trust any of them. I think they are all on the same team. '

That is why we need to look at issues and not the men and women feeding them to us. Issues not men. Both sides need to see this for what it is. Lies on top of lies.

Not sure about being on the same team, I really don't find any evidence of this, if they were really on the same team, they would be pushing for the same things. I think that there really is a difference in ideology, but the problem is, that the ones in charge still don't care about the people, doesn't matter what side of the political aisle you are on.

Now, lies on top of lies, I am sure that both sides of any political issue send out bullet points to make sure that the masses are quite snowed and filled with lies on both sides of the coin.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

You have to be kidding right? Not pushing for the same things ya right.

WAR---FEAR BASED-----PATRIOT ACT------BIG BUSINESS-----BAILOUTS-----CENSORSHIP----SHOULD I GO ON? sorry for yelling I just wish someone would hear me once in awhile.

Rebulicans= slow the people are starting to wake up.

Democrates= Fast the have fallen back to sleep.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

No I don't think so, I think that both groups push for their own things.

The ideology is different, sometimes that ideology get's pushed through.

If it were as you said, votes in congress would always be 100% in favor for things.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

No I don't think so, I think that both groups push for their own things.

The ideology is different, sometimes that ideology get's pushed through.

If it were as you said, votes in congress would always be 100% in favor for things.

The actuall people that make up the two sides do view thing differant and have differant agendas.

That is why they lie to both sides. Think about it this way why are we expanding the wars? When he said he would not do that? Also what about the patriot act?

They lie to us and then they placate. We need to see this on both sides so we can fix this great nation together. We need both sides to balance the other out.

What they are doing for the last 20 years or so is not balance it is one sided. And they lie and lie and the sheep eat it up and go back to sleep.

The only problem is when people are loosing everything the tend to open up their eyes a little wider.

The wars is the issue that should open up the left to the idea something is very wrong with this picture. They were protesting them 3 years ago what changed? Nothing has changed.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It's too bad that Beck U isn't offering Grammar 101, Punctuation 101 and Critical Thinking 101 as starter courses. It should because Beck's audience likely didn't get far past high school.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Bringing Edutainment to a Conservative Audience

See full article from DailyFinance: srph.it...

What the hell is edutainment. The dumbing down of America in full flow. Edutainment???? is Education a bit of a scary word.

I

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

The actuall people that make up the two sides do view thing differant and have differant agendas.

Yes, they do have different agendas, that is right, so they can't simultaneously have all these different agendas and play for the same team.

That is why they lie to both sides. Think about it this way why are we expanding the wars? When he said he would not do that? Also what about the patriot act?

Expanding the wars? Dude, you need to diversify your news...

Iraq: Good-Bye and Good Luck

As the American withdrawal gains speed, there are fewer American troops in Iraq than in Afghanistan for the first time since 2003. By the end of August there will be no United States combat troops left in Iraq, though some tens of thousands of support troops will remain until next year. And still there is no new Iraqi government, although it is now four months since the election of March 7.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Iraqi officials see U.S. as neglecting the country

They say policy in Iraq appears adrift, focused on withdrawal and not on building long-term ties to promote stability. With Petraeus heading to Afghanistan, they fear a further reduction in attention.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Man, we are getting out of Iraq. It's slow, but we are winding down that war, and Obama did during the election promise to ramp up the fight in Afghanistan. So, no lies were told there.

As for the Patriot Act, the people were scared after 9/11 and what do people do when they are scared? They go to the government for protection and they willingly give up their rights in order to have security.

They lie to us and then they placate. We need to see this on both sides so we can fix this great nation together. We need both sides to balance the other out.

Your right, except whoever isn't in power tries just the opposite, they try and rial up the people and make them afraid, the GOP is masters at fear-mongering, and they are doing this across the board. The Democrats think that throwing money at the problem solves everything, but you have to admit, it was the GOP in the last administration that greatly increased the size of the government.

What they are doing for the last 20 years or so is not balance it is one sided. And they lie and lie and the sheep eat it up and go back to sleep.

They use misinformation on both sides, I can give you that, that is for sure, each side lies to gain the upper hand.

The only problem is when people are loosing everything the tend to open up their eyes a little wider.

Not from what I have seen, what I see is people that are loosing everything being played by people with bigger megaphones, trying to make them fear everything and blaming it on the ones in power.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
So you think because we are done in Iraq that the wars are winding down.
I am sorry but WOW are you in for a surprise and when I turn out to be right I bet you will spin it just like they do.
I wonder what will happen in Iran? Well I guess time will tell. War is a industry. WAKE UP

If you dont see that you side has lied to you then I hate to tell you but it is one of a couple of things. And all of them are bad. I stand by everything I said as fact not opinion.

Also why did Obama sign the Patriot act? I thought he was against that?

I will say it one last time in this thread we need to look at issues not the liars pushing agendas. And that goes for posters on ATS also.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I wonder what will happen in Iran? Well I guess time will tell. War is a industry.

You are correct, war is in fact an industry, it's our biggest industry. As for Iran, I don't honestly know, I would hope that we don't attack, there is no real reason to attack Iran as far as I know.

WAKE UP

It grinds my gears when I read someone post that garbage! I mean what do you take me for? Just because I don't follow the crowd here on ATS doesn't mean that I am some sheep. I think for myself, and only myself, I don't just take things here as the absolute truth because more often than not it's got some weird spin to it.

If you dont see that you side has lied to you then I hate to tell you but it is one of a couple of things.

Well, I won't deny that politicians lie, I won't deny that politicians have agendas. But I seriously doubt this bull crap that I constantly read on here about a secret spooky shadow government that no one has EVER shown one iota of evidence for.

I stand by everything I said as fact not opinion.

You may think it's the truth, but I am afraid to tell you, it's just your version of truth, it's not a fact.

Can you show any proof of this? Or is this just your opinion?

This is what I have found:

Obama: I like to think that, had I been in the Senate, I would have cast the second vote against the Patriot Act. ... But this is how much I admire Russ Feingold: I can't guarantee it. I say that I would have voted against the Patriot Act. But I wasn't there in the pressure of that moment – so shortly after Sept. 11 and with anthrax being mailed into Capitol Hill.

Source: www.factcheck.org...

But, that doesn't say anything about a campaign promise about repealing the Patriot Act. I am not sure where people got that from, I think that people just substituted anything they wanted with whatever Obama was actually for and then for that reason justified in their own mind that Obama lied about it.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Can you show any proof of this? Or is this just your opinion?

HR 3961, signed by the POTUS February 27, 2010.

Reauthorized three provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act.

1)Court-approved wiretaps
2)Court-approved search and seizure
3)Surveillance of non-US citizens

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Yes he did, now what I wanted to know was, when did Obama say he was going to repeal the Patriot Act, specifically in his campaign?

We all know that he renewed it. I want to know where this rumor came from that he actually said that he was going to repeal it?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

in response to your question when did he Obama say is was going to repeal to "PATRIOT ACT" 2003 is when he first made to comment, he has made others and like all flip flop leaders he is showing him self to be a "Bushenite". what is a Bush en' ni'te? someone that says he is a Dem. but thinks like Bush, has the same agenda as Bush, has the same people as Bush did, and is really for Bush. There are some parts of the "Patriot Act" that do need enforcing, and implementing. the rest can and must go in the garbage can, i still have not found it the "ACT" in hole but have found bits and pieces of it, some i am for others i am strongly against! as to your question "when did Obama say..." you can see for your self: type in, obama to repeal patriot act, there are a lot of references, most deal when he Obama was a senator.
don't let them
you!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join