It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU to Vote on Allowing US to Access Bank Info on Euro Citizens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Article

The European Parliament is to vote on a deal that would allow the US to access information on the bank transfers of European citizens. America says it is a necessary measure to track terror suspects.

But critics say the proposal, which has been discussed between the EU and US for months, violates human rights.

Jan Philipp Albrecht, a member of the European Parliament, says data protection rights are not that high at the moment in the US, and America perhaps also has to change a little bit when it comes to its security policy.

Not sure if this is the right forum, but it does involve the US government, but feel free to move wherever.

I had no idea the US was trying to do this at the moment. I dont agree with this at all. If another country, say the EU, wanted to look into my personal bank account, I would flip one. What gives the US the right to look into other countries citizens personal bank accounts? Again, they use the "terrorism" argument.....

Why the EU? Why not do it in Saudi Arabia for example? Maybe Pakistan? I personally dont support this, just giving a few examples.

What do yall from the European countires think about this?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

EU has no say in this, most if not all EU states are part of the empire, I think this public announcement is to see public reaction, they don't want an uprising in Europe.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

I would think most European citizens would be pretty mad at the US and the EU Parliament if this is allowed to go though. The EU already has some problems, the economy is one, and look what has happened in Greece for example, and if this is thrown into the mix, I doubt it would be pretty.

new topics

join