It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the NWO really is...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I responded to another topic with the idea and decided to make my own post on the matter...

The NWO is a belief system created by the innate human need for order. Society cannot deal with the concept of disorder. Religion serves the same purpose - people need to believe in that "higher being" to give reason to the unreasonable; order to the disorder.

The NWO, just like religion, is comparable to the math term i (square root of -1). The number does not exist but it kept occuring. Mathematicians could not deal with the idea of unsolvable problems so they called the square root of -1 "i" and voila, their problem disappeared.

The same concept can be applied to the NWO. People order their lives in every way possible. Look around - everything you do is governed by a clock, every event is recorded as a date on a calender. Everything must be ordered; everything must have a single direct cause and a single direct effect. If Jimmy got hit by the bus it is because he didn't look before crossing the road. If Sam murders Bob, it is because Sam is mentally insane.

However, whenever something happens that defies logical cause-effect reasoning, people need something to grasp onto. This is where many conspiracy theories arise from. 9/11? Depending on who you ask, it was either God, the NWO, George Bush, or the 3 of them working in tandem. Pearl Harbor? God's will. Decapitation of Nick Berg? The CIA. Jimmy recovers from cancer? An act of God. Assassination of JFK? LBJ, CIA, FBI, God, the Mafia...

See my point? All of those acts defied logical cause-effect. People ask themselves "Why did 9/11 happen? Why was JFK assassinated?" and then scramble for an answer. This is where the idea of NWO comes from and this is where the majority of conspiracy theories come from.

People need order. Anything less than order arose from a conspiracy or a supreme Being. When people apply the conspiracy theories/supreme being to disorder, they have the order they seek.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
That's not what I think it is. I think its about the elite people in the world establishing worldwide control as quickly as possible. I believe it to be on their agendas as well when they have their meetings. I think one of the former Presidents of the United States also said he wanted a New World Order as well. I don't think it has anything to do with the masses, but with the agenda of those elite.

All those conspiracy theories can be tied into the elite of this world. The NWO is a part of their agenda as well.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Those "elite" NWO members more than likely don't exist. The belief in them stems from need for order. The idea of an NWO was probably created as a blanket explanation for the unexplained.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
In my opinion, they do exist. The Central Intelligence Agency is probably one of the the most known groups that remains above the law. They have ties to Al-Qaeda, that is known if one digs for the information. The CIA experimented on mind control and I believe they are the most advanced group in the world in this area, on a small scale and a large scale, particularly with their planned terror attacks altering attitudes of the masses.

I have order in my life, if I can see some gaps in those conspiracy theories, I remain open to the possiblity that those who are supposed to be 'good', are not so good after all.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

They have ties to Al-Qaeda, that is known if one digs for the information.

If you dig enough to try to relate two subjects, you will find a relationship.

Please provide proof of CIA having ties to Al-Qaeda. All I have heard is speculation.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well, you could start with these two links. They talk about how America created the Al-Qaeda terrorist organization.

Bin Laden's 'Freedom Fighters' Funded, Trained, Armed by CIA

The villains of today's news were heroes in the '80s

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
That was the past. The US doesn't still have ties to Al-Qaeda (no evidence I've seen says so), which is what I interpreted your post as meaning. I don't think the CIA set out to create a terrorist group.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
I don't think the CIA set out to create a terrorist group.
I don't think they intended to either, though they were creating this group for the political interests of the United States.

Those links just add some evidence about where this group originated from and the possiblity that the CIA still has a partial control over this group for further political agendas.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You cant just walk away from a history like that. NWO in some form exists. I haven�t got any links to back this up, but there have been numerous people from many governments talk and hint that there are forces behind the scenes that control what goes on in the world.

[edit on 15-6-2004 by kode]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

but there have been numerous people from many governments talk and hint that there are forces behind the scenes that control what goes on in the world.

Documented by credible sources? I didn't think so.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It�s a tricky subject. Shrouded in secrecy and thwart with death.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
People need order. Anything less than order arose from a conspiracy or a supreme Being. When people apply the conspiracy theories/supreme being to disorder, they have the order they seek.

Top post Cutwolf. I agree with what you're saying about people attaching meaning to things that aren't necessarily connected. With regards to political corruption issues and terrorist attacks though there's got to be an element of "conspiracy"

I think you're close in you're estimation of the NWO, although I'd maybe extend the argument a little by suggesting a global environment of contradicting media, spin, distrust and conspiracy theories is being intentionally induced. Why? Well it's a form of terror campaign in a way. The details of exactly WHAT we're afraid of doesn't really matter so much. As you rightly point out, our minds can fill in the gaps. All it takes is the internet and some carefully planned PR.

I guess I'm still wondering myself, but to me the NWO is situation or an environment, in which different groups of people have been so inflamed by each others rhetoric and conspiracies, that the REAL ones in power go unnoticed. Such an angry divided world population would make willing cannon fodder for the warmongers.

new topics

top topics

join