It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politicians: In Their Own Words

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I recently was reading various quotes on topics of personal importance. I began to notice how important and encompassing some can be. The way 'a picture is worth a thousand words,' I think a quote can tell a deeper story.

Some quotes I began finding more and more of, were scary words from politicians currently in office. They appear as little moments outside of the normal planning, calculations and teleprompters they normally enjoy, and show true insight into what these people believe, know or are attempting to accomplish.

I feel it is important for the people to be able to see and know these things and that motivated me to put this thread together.

My intent with this, is to expose the true nature of politicians. To that effect, I want to put up quotes by politicians that show their scary ideas, beliefs, ignorance, contradictions and outright lies. I encourage everyone to post the same. If we can see such snapshots into politicians, we can see the madness we let them get away with. Here are a few to get started.

Barack Obama

"Now, what we’re doing, I want to be clear, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money."

"I think when you spread the wealth around it's good for everybody."

"We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

"We need earmark reform, and when I'm President, I will go line by line to make sure that we are not spending money unwisely."

"I consider it part of my responsibility as President of the United States to fight against negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they appear."

"You will not see any of your taxes increase one single dime."

Nancy Pelosi

"But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy."

"Think of an economy where people could be an artist or a photographer or a writer without worrying about keeping their day job in order to have health insurance."

Hillary Clinton

"Many of you are well enough off that the tax cuts may have helped you. We're saying that for America to get back on track, we're probably going to cut that short and not give it to you. We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."

Note: I am not a Republican or Democrat, however my political leanings are more conservative. Please post from any source that is something against freedom, or anything indicative of growing government.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Great minds and all that. I actually started putting together a video a few months back with the lies out of all kinds of politicians.

I will add a few.

How bout this one from Dingle berry.

The harsh fact of the matter is when you're going to pass legislation that will cover 300 [million] American people in different ways it takes a long time to do the necessary administrative steps that have to be taken to put the legislation together to control the people.

Hank Johnson with the melting brain.

My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize.

Bush Sr. the prognosticator of the LIE that all politicians say.

Read my lips: No new taxes.

How bout Dodd the biggest lying sack of **** for miles around. Here is his response to him being asked if it was him that put in the wording so AIG could pay their execs ANYTHING they wanted.

No, I had nothing, absolutely nothing, no, not in the slightest, no.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This is why I always find it peculiar when politicians lie about what the other guy said...Why lie? If you wait long enough they'll hang themselves.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by projectvxn]

join