It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunted, for sure. But by WHAT?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
for as long as I can remember, my (three family) house in Holbrook, Massachusetts (just outside the Bridgewater Triangle) has been haunted, by something... until now, we called it the "Red-Eyed Demon".

My sisters have reported seeing two red eyes glaring at them from the porch while they sleep in the front room. Nobody ever liked to sleep in this room. The eyes have been seen in other places of the house, too. In an empty apartment and atop the roof, to give you two.

You can never feel alone in this house. You can often hear the footsteps of heavy boots coming from upstairs, or just simply feel the presence of someone else when you know that nobody else is in there with you.

Many, many nightmares have taken place in that house. My whole family has been prone to horrifying nightmare when we lived there. However, when we moved out, the nightmares stopped.

Many people in the upstairs apartments have said to have felt an invisible being 'sit' on their laps while relaxing. I find this particularly odd, because they say it felt just as if the weight of an adult were put on their laps, while there was no other evidence of there really being a person there.

One of the most convincing reports of the Red-Eyed Demon involves my god-mother when she lived in an upstairs apartment. She was sitting on her bed when she felt someone sit on her lap. Obviously, it was not a person. She couldn't get up, and caught a glimpse of something in the mirror. In the mirror, she could see a semi-see through man with black skin dressed in all black clothes sitting her, but not with her naked eyes. Then she saw the apparition take off his black leather coat and threw it on the other side of the bed. She turned her head from the mirror and felt the weight lift off her legs. The ghost was gone.

Another major even occurred in 2007. The house set to fire, starting from an upstairs apartment (which, ironically belonged to my older brother, who has since past), and the firemen weren't able to find out the cause. Cigarette? Vermin? Candle? Paranormal activity? There were many sightings of the Red-Eye Demon just before and after the fire.

My question for you is: What kind of paranormal entity do believe haunts that house? Shadow Children? Demon? I'm no paranormal expert, so I need you to tell me with the information given.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I'm not an expert either but I have experienced hauntings. The only part of your story that bothers me is the fire - other than that it doesn't appear that it( whatever it is) has caused any harm. It can be unnerving to live in a haunted house even if no damage or harm is being done. They do like to play games it seems. The entity in my house was fine as long I was not in the kitchen and then would become more agressive, there would be a foul odor and a smoke shadow. I ate out most of the time - or just dash in the kitchen to get a soda from the fridge and out again, quickly. Perhaps someone more more knowledgeable will come along to help you out - I hope so. Hang in there, try not to fear.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nicolee123nd

nicolee123nd, thank you for sharing this.

That is good that you no longer stay there. Glowing red eyes has just an evil feeling about them you know? And the nightmares contributed to you guys staying there is/was negative also.

Your Godmother's experience is/was intense. There is alot of detail to that encounter! Wow!

The fire is crazy, I am glad no one was injured and the fire department not being able to find the cause adds to the craziness. Not that i am a expert, but my guess would be a troubled spirit with dark entities/demon present also. Just a shot in the dark.

Again, thank you for sharing.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I'm thinking demon, too. I'm not an expert, but have heard and read a lot from many "experts" who claim a ghost can't harm a person.

I'm not so sure about this, though.

And I consider, too, how about a person, who was possessed by a demon, and then died. Does the demon just leave that body? Could there not be a residual energy of the demon influencing the resulting ghost of this troubled soul who died? Could not that demonic influence give enough power to the ghost to be able to do some things, like, say, start a fire?

I'm just tossing ideas out here on this thread.

All I know is red eyes mean run son. IMHO, of course.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It is hard to say for sure what the entity in your family home is. In all likely hood, if there has not been any physical harm done to your family members, that it is not demonic- and just a darker entity enjoying squatting in your familys home.

Depending on what you want to do, is up to you. You can demand that it leave, and take a variety of measures to help back you up (such as smudging, prayers, salts, holy water) etc. Or you can ignore it, and while it may give you the creeps from time to time- if you are not being threatened there is no need to move or freak out for that matter.

Red glowing eyes can be a VARIETY of things. Sometimes dark entitys just pass on through. They are attracted to children and teenagers because they vibrate higher and glow brighter on the other side.

Entity's come and go. Earthbound entitys (ghosts) come and go, and then there are the spirits that return to earth momentarily after they have crossed over (like deceased family).

My advice for you, is to either

A. Ignore it
or
B. Tell it to leave, however I must warn you if you do, and it does not want to leave, you can anger it and you will see an increase in activity

So depending on what your ready to handle, is what I recommend you do.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Well I am no expert myself, but having dealt with something paranormal over the years that has always sort of harassed me, and after dealing with a friend and a demon which followed her, I've done my share of research. All I can say, that no person is truly wicked (even Hitler thought he was doing the right thing) I think in order for a ghost to assume the role of something purely evil, it would have to BE purely evil, which I don't think can be done. In my opinion this is a demon. One thing I have learned first hand is that demons KNOW what you are thinking, and what you can see/hear/feel/smell/ etc. they are able to feed off your emotions, I believe the sitting on people and red eyes is doing just that. I have always thought about putting my own story up here.. Anyways I'm ranting.. what I will say is this, a typical ghost can move about a pound or two on average, where as a Demon can stack furniture effortlessly if it wants to, also, most human apparitions have full facial features, demons will typically be blacked out so that you cannot see the face. Also Demons MUST respond to orders given through the name of Jesus Christ, such as asking its name, although I would very much avoid this route, as Demons are very dangerous to communicate with. Demons CAN start fires too, its happened. Be careful and God bless!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

You have a Kitchen Demon and you're fine with that?

The entity in my house was fine as long I was not in the kitchen and then would become more agressive, there would be a foul odor and a smoke shadow.
I ate out most of the time - or just dash in the kitchen to get a soda from the fridge and out again, quickly.

My uncle used to do that, I was doing the same thing until I decided to talked with him and we agreed that he'll stop farting if I stop calling him demonic creature.

On a serious note though, whatever is haunting your place, you should handle it before it goes out of control

Maybe it's just this fella?

en.wikipedia.org...

Wow there's a lots more in the "See also" section. Everyone around the world seems to have one.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It sounds like you have a nasty human entity. We have seen this alot. For whatever reason this person decided not to cross over when his time came. Sometimes people will live such bad lives, doing all kinds of wrong things to there fellow man. When they pass, they choose not to cross for fear of punishment from God. The general rule is, how they were in life is how they are in the after, so in this guy was a Bully in life, then he will be a Bully as a ghost.

If you were my client, I would tell you to take back your house. You need to let this guy know that this is not his time, and this is not his place. You need to strengthen your spirituality. It does not matter what your beleifs are. What or Who ever makes you feel strong. All faiths will work. Its like dealing with a school yard bully, dont give it anything to work with. These things love energy. There is alot of energy out put with fear and stress. It is also easier to scare someone then it is to make then laugh. (Ask a Stand up comic). So what you want to do is take its energy source away. I hope this helps, if you have any questions, hit me back.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
A very interesting account, thanks for sharing!

I have to say that Red Eyes is generally not a good sign, and while the accounts of people resting having something pin them down on their laps sounds a little like Sleep Paralysis, I think it's the red eyes and the fire, which bother me the most.

I would advise you look up the history of the house, perhaps ask around as to who used to live at the house, it could be that somebody or a group may have used an Ouija board or other ritual and accidentally or purposely brought something through from "the other side", something connected with fire.

Red Eyes are associated with unpleasantness, most famously in "The Amityville Horror"

But something makes me think that perhaps the red eyes may not be malignant, perhaps the red eyes were warning you of the fire, and may have warned of other occurances as well.....did other events happen shortly after the red eyes appeared to people?

So perhaps the red eyes are a forewarning...

What do we associate red with? Danger. What colour can fire be? Red.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences!

top topics

join