It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Enlightened.....i think

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by orrite??

by the way, how old are you orrite? it doesn't really matter, i am just curious.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sighler

I am 19 in December

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by orrite??
reply to post by sighler

I am 19 in December

Even better. ITS SO awesome to hear people my age coming into the world of enlightenment, i just cant even get over it
the future will be great if we keep it up. There will be such contentment and positivity...ahh the good ol days i cant wait

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

So, how did you know that this teacher was authentically enlightened? As one who is simply unencumbered by any level of discernment, I honestly would like to be able to understand what the objective criteria could possibly be for establishing the bona fides of such an individual. Visions of Jim Jones and others dance in my mind when I think of people who are elevated over other people in such a manner, and I'll admit that this is due to the terrible cult-related tragedies that have occurred throughout the decades I have been alive and of the many that I've read about having occurred throughout history.

In my imagination, I see us all as blades of grass in a beautifully lush lawn, and it's impossible to tell the difference between one blade of grass and the next. All together, we're lovely and soft and a pleasure to whatever feet are walking among us, but per blade, there's no true criteria that can be used to elevate one in comparison to the next.

I guess I'm just stumped as to what true criteria there could ever be that could be used to determine that one corporeal enitity is less corporeal and therefore more spiritual than any other corporeal entity - and how being less corporeal (due to being a larger % of spiritual in total substance) is an elevated status, considering that both entities being compared started out - and are structurally suited to exist - as fully corporeal in physical substance. It almost seems as though being less of what you actually are is not an improvement, but then maybe I'm not approaching this properly.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The moment i forgot about the word enlightenment and what its application was to my own philosophical advancement or change, something changed.

Second line.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

Originally posted by unityemissions
Enlightenment is insanity. It's pretty much nihilism, as the ultimate goal is absolute indifference to the world, and the belief in nothing.

I'd rather skip out of the enlightenment nonsense, and get to what's going on in this world. Saying that anything outside of your mind is just a belief is quite the disservice to your fellow inhabitants on this planet.

Too much work to be done for that kind of mindset.

I'm just being honest.

Peace.

The enlightened being is not a nihilist. He is full of love.

The problem is almost no one gets Enlightened.

Even people who spend decades in the company of an enlightened being dont get it. It is not something that can be achieved through effort.
It appears to be some weird kind of brain function that is bio-chemical and
almost genetic. It just seems to happen to a few rare individuals. The rest of us may have spiritual experiences, especially if you can receive the spiritual energy of a guru, but most never get there.

Therefore one can conclude that it is meaningless as an evolutionary event.
Do you understand?

It would be nice if these enlightened beings existed. At least, it would be nice to ever find such a being, but all I've ever seen was terribly deluded narcissists and nihilists claiming to be so. I pretty much walk away when I hear someone ever make such a claim.

If it's about love, there will never be a declaration of achievement. The OP laughing at others for their attachments to certain beliefs shows that he's got so very much to grow. Just being honest here. It shows that while he may have some awareness, he still lacks compassion. The man is obviously suffering.

reply to post by googolplex

Definitely not about being busy. It's only the best work

Helping others to find their selves. I tend to cause epiphanies in people ..

Anyways, enlightenment as a system of belief, thought, or correct action is pretty much absurd.

I really can't stand the concept or thought of it.

We just are.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

[

Definitely not about being busy. It's only the best work

Helping others to find their selves. I tend to cause epiphanies in people ..

Anyways, enlightenment as a system of belief, thought, or correct action is pretty much absurd.

I really can't stand the concept or thought of it.

We just are.
What you say, seem to be a contradiction.

What you say here "Helping others to find their selves. I tend to cause epiphanies in people .." As what you are doing is helping people become Enlightened, you say so your self.

Being enlightened can mean different things to different people, I use to say I would die laughing, but maybe instead, die Smiling.

Part of it I think is removing all the buttons, so you nolonger have buttons people can push on you, because you are able to be in control of the master panel, in over ride mode.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by googolplex]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by supoaubree

Originally posted by orrite??
reply to post by sighler

I am 19 in December

Even better. ITS SO awesome to hear people my age coming into the world of enlightenment, i just cant even get over it
the future will be great if we keep it up. There will be such contentment and positivity...ahh the good ol days i cant wait

BS, the ratio is far too skewed. And others have already converted waking reality into their modality.

also, what were the "good " ol days.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by depth om]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Not a contradiction. Enlightenment is a fools dream. As long as you're living, there will always be the mystery. Anyone claims to have it figured all out is a liar and entirely deluded. Finding yourself doesn't mean becoming enlightened, it means accepting your world as your are.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Not a contradiction. Enlightenment is a fools dream. As long as you're living, there will always be the mystery. Anyone claims to have it figured all out is a liar and entirely deluded. Finding yourself doesn't mean becoming enlightened, it means accepting your world as your are.

I agree, in my opinion enlightenment is the light in front of your eyes.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

It appears you have never had the experience of something magical happen to you, so you could see for yourself.
It would also seem, fool's have better dreams, than those you had.
I haven't figured it all out, but I have come to relize things most have not even thought about.
But I want to know more, see more, be a better person, I'm not the type of person to accept things, I'm the one looking behind the curtain to see what is going on.
I am aware of the fact, of the fakers, but this was not my ideal I was pulled into this thing.
You see most people, as a child grow and learn, then it stops and they say owell that's it, I'm in many different worlds now, I am still growing learning.
I'm nothing special, in my veiw of things, but when I was younger when I was about to die, something far greater and aware than me grabed me up and move out of harms way, don't know what it was.
Then when I was a little older I kept feeling like I was dieing at night, but later found I was astral projecting, and found I could fly, and do things, and know things that were not concidered normal.
Later I had etheric projections, while full awake, I could leave my body sitting in a chair, I had 360 degree vision.
People were sometimes afraid of me, I could tell them things, seems many are afraid of the unknown.
But others were speaking of higher planes, ones I could not understand how to get to.
I've been in some of what seem to be lower planes, not much there but it's in the going.
But right now I'm just here, and I'm just learning, try to help people, I am enjoying life as much as possible, but just by being in awe.
The Ideal is to be aware 24/7 when I go lay down much of the time I'm wide awake, in other realms.
I am only a novice in these things.
This is one of the reasons I am at ATS, I am doing research on the higher planes, it's hard for me to grasp the mental, and casual planes, much less the ones higer than those, been there but don't know way around.
Also so it seems most people will not tell you anything, either they don't know, or are so far out, it's hard to understand, sometimes they just say you have find out your self.

There is much more going on than what is seen on the surface.
I'm sure things will be fine for you.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by googolplex]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It is the most simple, yet the most complex.

I think that we truly learn the complex info of existence on another plane (dimension) we are yet to reach.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex

It would also seem, fool's have better dreams, than those you had.

You have no clue what I've experienced in my dreams. I'm pretty sure it's beyond at least 99.9% of other people's experiences in depth, clarity, and vision. The only difference in between me and an insane person is I realize all of these experiences were just a product of my imagination, whereas the insane fool mistakes the dream for reality.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Sometimes dreams and reality over laps each other, the dream being at bit distorted from the reality.

All the best, but I will remain a happy fool.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
reply to post by RRokkyy

So, how did you know that this teacher was authentically enlightened? As one who is simply unencumbered by any level of discernment, I honestly would like to be able to understand what the objective criteria could possibly be for establishing the bona fides of such an individual.
In my imagination, I see us all as blades of grass in a beautifully lush lawn, and it's impossible to tell the difference between one blade of grass and the next.
then maybe I'm not approaching this properly.

Do you really want to die?
Thats what it is all about.
A death,the death of the Ego is declared in all the traditions.
Are you so tired of your Ego that you want to kill it off?

The Price of Bliss is Death,Spiritual Death.

We are the Club of Death.
You have to pay the Price to Join.

Only the Dead can Know the Teacher.
Only the Dead can See the Teacher.
Only the Dead can Receive the Spirit Blessing from the Teacher.

The Great Indian Sage Ramana Maharshi was described by an English Devotee as, "A Motionless Corpse from which God was Radiating Terrifically!"

There are no Objective Criteria to discern Enlightenment anymore than there are Objective criteria to discern if your spouse loves you.

However since you appear to a be a sincere seeker I have given you everything there is to know right here.
www.beezone.com...

The rest is up to you.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticalzoe
I have never been happy in the 33 years of my life. I just want to know when I will be happy.

Life is seeking and seeking is suffering.
If you stop seeking you can find the bliss and fullness of Consciousness.
Everything you need to know is here,why do resist it?
www.beezone.com...

Do you have any silver fillings?

[edit on 11-7-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Blessings and energy coming your way! One thing I know is that if you put your attention and focus on spiritual things and perserver they will come eventually don't give up there will be a break through. You might want to try some chakra meditations. Look them up on youtube. Focus on love and contentment and it will come.

i have also been sun gazing and that helps, google it. Try and meditate every day even if only 15 or 20 minutes but don't beat yourself up if you miss a day. Try to do longer if you can but usue your intuition. Sound the aum regularly 3 times, like when you're in the car or when ever you have a moment alone to raise your vibration. Be aware of how your feeling and meditate when you feel most spiritual if you can... Try a glass of wine if need be before hand. Also pray and ask for some help. The higher life's do listen and sometimes answer prayers if it is in your best interest.

Do you have a hobby that you like to do? For me it's gardening or playing music. Spend some time just trying to relax and enjoy yourself and your friends and family or whatever you enjoy and don't pressure yourself to make a break through let it come naturallt. Put your attention on looking for the good and positive and take it off negative things for a while and your depression will lift. Enjoy a sunset or walk in nature or the beauty of a flower or plant, the antics of a dog or pet etc.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Do you really want to die?
Thats what it is all about.
A death,the death of the Ego is declared in all the traditions.
Are you so tired of your Ego that you want to kill it off?

The Price of Bliss is Death,Spiritual Death.

We are the Club of Death.
You have to pay the Price to Join.

That is not true, cutting off your ego will make you see things better, it will
take you to another level of understanding. You can switch it off and on anyway if you have control of your self. You can decide who you want to be at anytime. It's hard going from a stage no another but it's possible, you can do one thing at the time, shift...you just got to practice and get good at it.

If you want to have fun you can let your ego run it for you, just not to over do it so it won't get out of control, then it's back to cutting it off again when
you want to learn, practice apply things.

Only the Dead can Know the Teacher.
Only the Dead can See the Teacher.
Only the Dead can Receive the Spirit Blessing from the Teacher.

There is a line of metaphysics and physics, you can glue them, they don't conflict because they are "two" separate things that do not conflict.
You can walk on this earth and do lots of things that seem far fetched.
You can do two things at the same time as long as it's not the same thing, or you can do something and then you can do something else as in one step
at the time.

The Great Indian Sage Ramana Maharshi was described by an English Devotee as, "A Motionless Corpse from which God was Radiating Terrifically!"

And how did he know that
since he is was still walking on this earth ? Get my point ?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

I love the part about the silver fillings.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Thank you for the link. I am researching all of these sorts of things right now, and I appreciate the guidance.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join