It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Enlightened.....i think

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have to put in my two cents about enlightenment.

Last summer while taking a long walk with my dog, I sat on my favourite park bench, overlooking the Edmonton River Valley. The sun was setting and there was as soft orange glow, making the colours saturated and rich.

At which point I thought to myself:
"Wow, I can't even see the pixels"

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

A beautiful way to put it, though I have to disagree about 2d hologram universe on the simple fact that galaxies are not all oriented the same way. It is a 3d universe, because one can think in 3d space, and hell, even 4d space.

If I've gotten my sleep and my food, I see the world like in the matrix or the movie next. full 3d simulations of what might happen.

And yea, I do not have a good connection to my own body. This flesh feels like a tool, not me. The reflection I see in a mirror is not the reflection I see in my mind.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The only "club" that exists is the one where people know how to coexist. If a person's "enlightenment" has no impact or significance on anyone else, in all truth, it doesn't exist. It doesn't exist since it only comes from within egoism, and you *still* don't know how to connect and coexist with others, which is what needs to be learned. People are born as egoists, and an "enlightened" egoist is still a new born.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by orrite??
Originally posted by ginandmoregin
Orrite??

About maybe a month ago, i was listening to this spiritual teacher on CD and at one point he said "...its actually impossible to know anything with absolute certainty, you can only know something with either a greater or lesser amount of certainty.." (paraphrased)

> actually, it is possible to know something. but you dont do it thru reason.

The only things you can know for certain are things you have experienced for yourself, everything else should be thrown away, they are getting in the way of your self-realisation.

This was a massive revelation for me. I suddenly realised that everything i believed to be true; everything i thought i knew was utterly worthless. All these hours i had spent reading spiritual books; going to talks; had all been for nothing, because they were only beliefs and i would never be able to know if my beliefs were true or false, which led me to realise that the only thing i knew, is that i knew nothing.

> the past is part of who you are though. how can the journey... the adventure be worthless?

No, the past is not a part of you, it is a part of the story of the character of "insert your name here" nothing more. It would be like saying that Austin Powers' past is a part of Mike Myers.

At that moment i literally felt all my beliefs fall to the ground, these beliefs about spirituality and enlightenment had burdened me all this time and i felt this HUGE relief come over my body, especially my shoulders. Then, i felt this veil lift up over my eyes. (the best way to describe it is like bridal veil that you see brides wear sometimes at weddings XD).

> oh, more talk about veils being lifted. how cliche.

Ha ha! sorry it was the only way i was able to describe accurately my experience using words.

I noticed immediately how quiet my mind was all my mental ramblings had stopped but i still retained my "practical mind" the voice in your head you hear when reading a book or working out a maths problem.

> sounds like your still ego possessed.

No the "practical mind" should not be confused with the egoic mind. The mind is just a tool (like a hammer), a tool we use to work out solutions to problems, do maths homework etc. But if your hammer was stuck to your hand it would become a burden and you would hit yourself with it when you went to scratch your head XD. similarly, your mind can be useful but if it starts to attack you with thoughts such as "i am a nob head" "i suck at my job" this is the egoic mind. When you become enlightened the egoic mind falls away.

The next day, when i was walking in the city, i noticed how content and happy i felt, (not blissfully happy with tears streaming down my face which i think is quite a common misconception about enlightenment) it felt more like contentment but better lol. I also noticed that i could feel the illusory nature of the world,

>this sounds like something i'd hear from a televangelist.

>the nature of the world isnt illusionary. repeat "the nature of the world" carefully. nature is real. the voice in the mind is the foreign element. is the illusion.

No, the world is an illusion. All there is is consciousness. When u look out ur window and see a tree, its not really a tree, it's just consciousness disguised as a tree. When you see a house it is just consciousness disguised as house. Everything is conscious, everything is alive, everything can think and feel.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by orrite??]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ginandmoregin

I then saw this businessman on his mobile phone being all stressed and stuff, and i just laughed at him because i understood that we aren't who we believe ourselves to be, its our beliefs that are keeping us from becoming enlightened;

> perhaps your laughter was sadistic laugther? perhaps your not enlightened at all? perhaps you were getting "into bed" with his stress. a voyeur outside a bedroom window, getting his rocks off at the sight of another's pain or pleasure.

hahaha!! no i was just laughing at how seriously he was taking his life and at how he really believed himself himself to be the character he was playing, he didn't realise that he was just an actor playing the character of "busy businessman"

Imagine if you saw Patrick Stewart walking around in his Star trek uniform and tapping his badge trying to get himself beamed back up to the enterprise. You would laugh right? You'd might even point at him and say "HAHAHA!! patrick stewart thinks he's captain picard!! what an idiot!!" See what i mean?

[edit on 9-7-2010 by orrite??]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by orrite??

No, the past is not a part of you, it is a part of the story of the character of "insert your name here" nothing more. It would be like saying that Austin Powers' past is a part of Mike Myers.

Austin Powers is a part of Mike Meyers he is creation of the mind of Mike Meyers. Just like you are a creation of the divine mind or the soul but on a much higher level then Mike Meyers creation. All the personalities you have been in past lives with all thier experiences are part of your make up for your progression not just entertainment to be forgotten. The soul is gathering together all the fragments of you from the dvine until they are all one and you become the perfect man/divine being so to speak.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

satori!!
the first stirrings of the awakening soul.

namaste, dear one...you're gonna have so much fun!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Just a few thoughts to chew on:

1) If you are enlightened, then who is this "I" you speak of?

2) sudden realizations ( i.e., kensho ) must be stabilized to become enlightenment, or so the Zen folks say.

3) Maybe you were always enlightened from the very start.

4) Happy wayfaring!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Yeah i understand where your coming from, and i am glad this question came up. I don't like saying "i" cos technically its inaccurate, when i say "i" i am referring to my particular fragment of soul, the soul that is inhabiting my body at this particular moment. My use of the word "i" is only to make things easier for people to understand.

thanks for the links i will read them soon!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

This was a massive revelation for me. I suddenly realised that everything i believed to be true; everything i thought i knew was utterly worthless. All these hours i had spent reading spiritual books; going to talks; had all been for nothing, because they were only beliefs and i would never be able to know if my beliefs were true or false, which led me to realise that the only thing i knew, is that i knew nothing.

I would like to point out that all those hours you spent have NOT been for nothing...they led you here
And what "gave" you that revealation was >A spiritual teacher on a cd<

As you "ascend" up the mountain, you get better and better view of the whole mountain, being at the top lets you see all sides of the mountain, and how the different trails lead up there.

Some take the elevator, others the stairs...

[edit on 9-7-2010 by scratchmane]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The OP is indeed awakening. When you start to realize that everything is just a game and that we are just playing our roles, then the veil of unknowing is lifting up. You will realize that everything is connected.

That is why it is not wise to judge someone else no matter what they did or what their status in life is. We just don't know what role they agreed to play.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
You are in a good place. Keep going foreword, and you will take control of your life. I remember when this happened to me. It felt so satisfying…..free so to speak.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Btw, it's really heartening to know that there are a lot of awakening souls now. Ascension is indeed upon us.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
So, have all the enlightened ATSers checked in yet? It's like some sort of convention in this thread.

So, since we have you all here, can I ask a question without hijacking the thread?

If there had never been some guy (whoever it was) that had described this enlightenment for you (within the pages of a book or by way of a Youtube video clip), then would you know what enlightenment is? In other words - and you need to really consider this - is your experience of being enlightened, and your claim to knowing what enlightenment is, the result of a definition that was given to you by a person who claimed to be enlightened? And if so, why would this person have more credibility than any other person with the same claim of personal transcendence.

Even if this person was (for lack of a better word) an astral being. After all, the current word among world-class mediums is that when a person crosses, they don't become transcendent, they merely change vibrational frequency. Again, in other words, they are no more learned than they were a second before death, and their individual interpretation of the hereafter is still affected by what they believed while they were alive.

This is an open question to anyone that feels as if they want to take it on. Personally, I believe that human intellect is 100% perception and perspective, and that we all actively decide what we'll accept as truth. This, of course, means that I absolutely reject the notion of a realized corporeal transcendence, and even intellectual transcendence, other than the realization that such realized transcendence is one more way to score a personal win over one (or more) of the humans that share this very specific (who is more enlightened, you or me?) arena with you.

Read over this thread and see how competitive the whole thing is (me too, but I'll admit to being a carnal beast with no capacity for transcendence) from the very first post. Yes, some posts are less overt, but those that welcome this young grasshopper to the club are just as dripping with competitiveness as the ones challenging said grasshopper's ability to be enlightened. In fact, the testosterone levels are overwhelming.

I just wonder what causes someone to make the determination that they have achieved enlightenment. My grandfather was a member of the Jehovah's Witness club for 50 years, and was one of the exhalted 144,000 - which is what they call their enlightened ones. I asked him how he got elected, and he told me that it wasn't like that. What happens is that one day, such a person simply "realizes" that they are one of the 144,000, and they make it known during a worship service. I asked him if someone could either lie or be mistaken, and he simply said "no". Later, he converted to Christianity (hardcore Evangelicalism) when he was 80 yrs old, and spent the next 6 years on the chapel circuit debunking the JWs with speaker fees and a book for sale. Some 144,000 member he turned out to be.

I just wonder how much of this is wishing we could be Keono Reeves and slo-mo around bullets for a living?

[edit on 9-7-2010 by NorEaster]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I skimmed through your post OP,

I have a sneaking suspicion you just discovered basic philosophy, since the things you say are literally the things Socrates said.

en.wikiquote.org...
When I left him, I reasoned thus with myself: I am wiser than this man, for neither of us appears to know anything great and good; but he fancies he knows something, although he knows nothing; whereas I, as I do not know anything, so I do not fancy I do. In this trifling particular, then, I appear to be wiser than he, because I do not fancy I know what I do not know.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
On a sidenote.

René Descartes has also been pondering the question "What do i know". His conclusion was that there was only one thing he could be sure of : he was thinking about this question.

So basically Socrates said: wisest is he who knows he knows nothing
Descartes said: but I *know* 1 thing!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

i dont know anything.......... but what i think i know is that enlightenment is a moment of clarity where you reach a point of complete calm, obviously its different for each person and there are multiple levels of enlightenment. but for me the experiences i have had showed me that what we think is real is not real at all. if there even is such a thing as real. the only thing that exists is conscientiousness in all its manifestations.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
The only point I would make is to stear away from the man made term of God. The creation/infinite consciousness/awareness is what we are all a part of and I don't think assigning it a human term helps. Putting a label on something only limits it.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Namaste1001]

I totally agree. Too many times have i seen on the internet people getting into arguments about religion and god because of the cultural beilief we seem to have in the west that god is this old man way up high in the sky who thinks and feels like a human.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

i dont know anything.......... but what i think i know is that enlightenment is a moment of clarity where you reach a point of complete calm, obviously its different for each person and there are multiple levels of enlightenment. but for me the experiences i have had showed me that what we think is real is not real at all. if there even is such a thing as real. the only thing that exists is conscientiousness in all its manifestations.

How about near perfection, from a spiritual and logical point of view as one.
It does not last tho, perfection costs a lot of energy, it will drain you, you have it then it's gone. It's not even perfection, just near perfection for a short time. When you build up from scratch time by time you will have it last.

We can't do that, we are human and are not perfect, when we do get there sometimes we get power. All of this with will power, the power to beilive will get you real power. It's the perfect combination near perfection. We are just part of the universe, not the universe, the universe is many in my opinion.

Can't ask the universe to get behind you if you are not ready. When we are ready we can become as one with the universe and do things as the universe does it. I learned that on my own and I wanted to share it.

Enlightment is not some game, it will cost you dearly. Nothing comes for free
in this universe. Once in a while you get to be part of the universe as a whole, most of the times we are just parts.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Oscillator

"I think, therefore, i am" - Descartes

Put simply. This is absolute rubbish.

Any athletes out there may have experienced this fallacy for yourself. when athletes play sport sometimes spontaneously they get "in the zone" a state where they are not thinking about anything. They are playing sport instinctively, mindlessly; and what often happens is that those athletes who get in the zone play the best game of their careers. (This phenomena is well known Google it if you've never heard of it)

My point is that those athletes while they're in the zone or if your watching a really good film or you are meditating and you experience a mindless state you still exist don't you? you still feel.

I think that this quote to be accurate should be changed to "I am, therefore, i feel"

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join