It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Enlightened.....i think

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Orrite??

About maybe a month ago, i was listening to this spiritual teacher on CD and at one point he said "...its actually impossible to know anything with absolute certainty, you can only know something with either a greater or lesser amount of certainty.." (paraphrased)

This was a massive revelation for me. I suddenly realised that everything i believed to be true; everything i thought i knew was utterly worthless. All these hours i had spent reading spiritual books; going to talks; had all been for nothing, because they were only beliefs and i would never be able to know if my beliefs were true or false, which led me to realise that the only thing i knew, is that i knew nothing.

At that moment i literally felt all my beliefs fall to the ground, these beliefs about spirituality and enlightenment had burdened me all this time and i felt this HUGE relief come over my body, especially my shoulders. Then, i felt this veil lift up over my eyes. (the best way to describe it is like bridal veil that you see brides wear sometimes at weddings XD).

I noticed immediately how quiet my mind was all my mental ramblings had stopped but i still retained my "practical mind" the voice in your head you hear when reading a book or working out a maths problem.

The next day, when i was walking in the city, i noticed how content and happy i felt, (not blissfully happy with tears streaming down my face which i think is quite a common misconception about enlightenment) it felt more like contentment but better lol. I also noticed that i could feel the illusory nature of the world, i felt like i was in a computer game. I then saw this businessman on his mobile phone being all stressed and stuff, and i just laughed at him because i understood that we aren't who we believe ourselves to be, its our beliefs that are keeping us from becoming enlightened; and that life is just a game we play, a game which isn't about winning or losing, and when the game ends, if we like, we can choose to play again.

We're not really Billy Smith or Sarah Millman we are just infinite consciousness (god) pretending to be. We are the best actors ever! That's why i laughed at the businessman because i thought "Ha! that guy really believes he's a businessman!, He doesn't realise he's just god pretending to be! chill out! It's just a game!"

So i was wondering has anyone else experienced anythings similar to this or knows what exactly this is? Is this enlightenment or maybe something else? If you could shed any light on this that would be great. I have been looking on the internet but have found very little.

thanks.

P.S sorry its a bit lengthy

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by orrite??
So i was wondering has anyone else experienced anythings similar to this or knows what exactly this is?

Sounds like you're just starting out. Congrats!

My experience so far suggests that awakening is a lifelong journey. You will have many experiences similar to the one you described if you continue with an open and critical mind.
It's good times (between the bad, heh).

Welcome to outside the matrix.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
So you are an epic agnostic? Not just religiously but in everything?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Satori, a little awakening.

Good.

Everything is happening as it should.

Dont let this keep you looking back at the awakening, continue to move closer into the moment.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by orrite??

You are in what I refer to as phase III of the Awakening.

Phase I - You realize something is not right in your life, in the world, things don't make sense.

Phase II - You search tirelessly in pursuit of the truth...hopping around from belief to belief, thinking you've found the right mindset or belief until you discard it and try something else.

Phase III - You realize none of it matters. All the beliefs are simply beliefs that control your view on the world.

Phase IV - You begin to wonder what you really believe to be true. Once you realize that your beliefs influence your world you start recognizing belief patterns everywhere. You start understanding others motives. You realize no belief is bad, it is just a representation of where a person is at spiritually.

Phase V - You start creating your own way forward. You realize your strengths and weaknesses as well as others and begin creating your own reality.

Phase VI - You realize you control the world, you influence the world. You are exactly who you are. Your passion to do good is your light, your souls direction...you press forward on your own front without fear of what others think.

Phase VII - (I'll let you know when I reach it)

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

"The term agnostic is a combination of the Greek prefix a meaning without and gnosis meaning knowledge. Thus, an agnostic is one who confidently affirms, “I don’t know.”

umm well according to this definition of agnosticism i found on the web i suppose technically i might be called an agnostic because i don't know anything. However i definitely accept the existence of god because i have experienced that i am god (and so is everyone and everything in existence too btw XD)

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Enjoy it while you can because it is the first step to higher teachings that will come to you. And as said above it will happen more then once. Most of the stuff we do on a day to day basis is a game or just occupies our time and space. When you drop all that like you seem to have you are now being prepared for the real work that is not a game.

Still it is always good to never take yourself too seriously. I have always said the more I learn the more I realize how little I really know. A few months ago I was feeling pretty lost doubting everything I ever believed or considered true. I had not been focusing on the spiritual/quantum side of things for a few years. It was actually a needed break from studying seeking and learning for over 20 years. But I begin to feel an inner pull that I needed to reconnect. So I approached it as if I knew nothing and questioned everything I ever thought I had confirmed as truth from within. I wondered how I could feel so strongly something was true and felt I had that inner confirmation and now doubt it.

I almost gave up permanently but the inner voice kept urging me on. So I began to meditate again and put my attention on seeking answers, enlightenment, or what ever came and not really following anyone's instruction or suggestions but just go with what ever felt right to me and I tried a lot of different stuff.

And so I felt quite lost for a while but I began to get some results and came back to some teachings I knew were true and had them reconfirmed stronger then ever, some things I have shelved for now. And some new things have come to me also. But I feel I have a stronger connection to soul then I ever had and as long as I keep my attention on it and seek it will grow even stronger.

I am sure I will come to a another fork on the road eventually and have a similar experience as I have had several of these in my life but each one has been a little different then the last.

Now that you have dropped all your beliefs you are really teachable so keep an open mind and stuff will come in to your path for you to learn or experience. Enjoy the peace and contentment while you can because it is probably temporary and when you progress there is usually some rough spots too.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
know that your awakening the world will seem more dream like how ironic but try not to be too judgemental of those who are still asleep
namaste

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I am grateful for my useless beliefs because they are the foundation from which the restless seeker within stands on top and sees the ant hill.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Firstly may I congratulate the OP and welcome to the 'club' ...good work there and I concur what Newlyawaken stated...in that is a lifelong journey or even a multi life long journey...and your right Orrite it is something like a game but there are no winners or losers...rather participation...as with all things there really isn't good or bad...just perspective and your intention to the aforementioned. Actors upon a stage is very apt and the more you start to understand the more this will become apparent.

I would say that in my experience to some extent all people are on the 'path' and of course at various levels. But as the 'finishing post' is relative it's a good idea just to let go as you have done OP. What else I have found is that many more are starting journeys, even friends who totally denied any such endeavors in their younger years...

I just wanted to clarify with ExPostFactol about the 'Phases'...I am rather interested in knowing where you got this Phase structure from...I think we have to be careful not to 'label' things as they do tend to blur into each other...just a statement and I applaud your reply and concur it too. I just thought ... is it from a Stuart Wide book ?

I think antar 'hit the nail upon the head' it is an ongoing process this enlightenment business...be like a stream OP steady and flowing...the fruits that you desire will eventually come...never be disheartened for those that are on the Path will always receive help...even when you think you don't and it's at these stages that you get the most help.

As for my journey it's been long with more twists than a Agatha Christie novel...but it comes to this 'just do it' and BE...and really get to KNOW yourself...Always come from LOVE ( the unconditional kind ) and try not to knock yourself down when it's all gone to the fan it's all about how you sort stuff and we all get s***.
I wish you all the best on your journey....as Spock says ' Live long and prosper '...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I like this thread.
My imagination is turning into reality. What I say comes true, if I wanted to.
Now what.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by thaknobodi

Well that's great, but until you let go of your beliefs and realise that they are just concepts that you think might be true and have no real worth then enlightenment is doubtful. This is because we identify with our belief systems "I am a christian" "I am a Muslim" "I am a Hindu" etc. People think that their religion is a part of who they are; along with other attributes like our name, race, gender, sexual preference, occupation and so on.

Enlightenment is all about realising who/what we really are. So the longer people are attached to their false identity the longer it will take them to realise enlightenment.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

You are right, religion is just close to the real thing, all religions sound alike anyway, there is a connection to all of this. Don't chose this, chose the next one and the next one, keep on going, keep on learning. Open and look at things, do they make sense to you, it will open up to you like a book, you will get it. When you do you will have a blast, keep an open mind, keep your limits, do what you think it's good and it will come to you like it came to me.

Keep on going on the road, don't stop and you will have unlimited power that you must make limits out of it and decide how to use it. Real power comes with limits. It's all about choices and decisions. There is something greater than all of us. May the force be with you
young gedi.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Frankly, I wouldn't know enlightenment if it came up to me and kicked me in the nuts. There are way too many versions of what it looks like, feels like, and does for a person for me to recognize the real deal if I ever encountered it.

My younest brother sits and has conversations with Jesus and leaves his body to fly off into other dimensions, and he calls that enlightenment. I don't know. Maybe I don't want to be enlightened?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This a happy thread. Obviously you have just climbed out the pit which holds so many, their whole lives, the matrix, perhaps.

Knowledge is good, all your reading and studing has been worthwhile, but, you stand aside from, and understand that talking about the truth is not the same as truth itself.

I probably stand alone here, by saying i know where you are, but i am a fully "professing" christian. My truth happens to co-incide with what "christians" believe, BUT i also stand above the petty religious NONSENSE that seems to pervade most churches.

I have my truth: i exist. I am sane. God exists. He is greater than me.
I can only move forward in my life holding these truths AS truths. While i am as a god, i am NOT God, and in THAT order i can fulfil my potential, no other.

When you conclude that love is what makes the world go round, literally, then you will open the doors to real power. Because all this truth, and all this talk of truth, is nothing without love.

peace, and love

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

yeah, well, wow, you're god

so, tell me, mr god, could you concisely explain in layman's terms what enlightenment is?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
[edit on 8-7-2010 by orrite??]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject

yeah, well, wow, you're god

yeah i am, and so are you! XDD

so, tell me, mr god, could you concisely explain in layman's terms what enlightenment is?

Well i guess the simplest explanation of enlightenment (at least what i have experienced.) Is that at it's very core, enlightenment is simply the realisation of who/what you really are.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by orrite??]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Thanks for posting, star and flag. I found my way by reading books, and in one I read that to be free, I had to "forget everything I know, and hold to be true, and learn anew." I began to delve into the Occult teachings and Spiritual teaching, and a load did lift from me, once the fears placed in my by good meaning people over they years were gone. I realized that fear is my friend, not my enemy, and that fear is the warning voice in my head that I hardly listened to at all. Through ritual I met my Higher Self, and with their help and guidance I was able to gain control over my "demons," read that lusts and ulterior emotions, angers and strife. I was able to quit smoking after many years, stopped drinking, I got off drugs that were killing me off slowly, I stopped getting angry at things, my depression stopped. I wish everyone could do this, but sadly, it involves a great deal of study and preparation that most would not do.
I do consider myself enlightened, but it was not an easy road to get here.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

yeah i am, and so are you! XDD

Don't go over the top, or you will end up broken.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join