It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: The Go-To Site? Not anymore!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Due to the fact that I am inundated with pop-ups and other advertising every time I visit this website, I'm more convinced that it's ATS which is being manipulated. Seems that a bunch of freedom-loving, non-corporate individuals would try to keep the ads to a minimum. But no, the truth is the owners of ATS are just as capitalist and greedy as the next one- the only difference is the market. I'm more inclined to believe the gov is controlling ATS and using what they use best, fear, to keep people from posting to Wikileaks. Its already obvious that most of the commentators believe this post 1000%, most without even a single question. You people are the biggest sheep of all. For you claim knowledge that the majority lacks, then band together to discuss it with the minority, staring at the screen and soaking in the ads, just like they want. I bet the owners of this site laugh every time they think about the conspiracy nutters who line up to be branded faster than hordes of cattle at Wal-Mart on Black Friday.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SirTFiedSkeptic

lol

"concpiracy nutters"... "staring at the screen soaking up all the ads"

You ought to re-read your post perhaps, then objectively asses who's mind is more fear fueled, yours or the average person who accept the ads as a neccesary support beam for this wonderfully open and free "eco-system" of discussion. Yet at the same time are able to actually ignore the ads, while dedicating all their focus and attention on reading the threads, which people like you sometimes try to derail with annoying junk as in your above post.

Im sick and tired of reading posts like these.. cant some just accept that some organisations and establishments, both cyber and space-time firbre/reality, aren't run by the illuminati/reptillians/CIA/Mossad/ or any other shadowy secret society, and neither are their puppets in "power" we call the government. Some people do things WITHOUT a sinister agenda behind their actions. Not every avenue of free-speech was manufactured or maintained by the "POWERS THAT BE!". Thats not to say theyre not watching and listening and reading, which the site owners here have openly admitted is the case.

but my point is, stop being paranoid about EVERTYING.

Jullin Assange from what i've seen of him, comes accross as a sincere guy, with nothing sinister guiding his every though or verbal response in front of a camera. He's a hero of free-speech, its a disgrace for people to even sonsider labelling him a trator given all he has acheived in the name of dissent and political and corporate accountability.

Stop hating on the good guys guys.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SirTFiedSkeptic

Due to the fact that I am inundated with pop-ups and other advertising every time I visit this website, I'm more convinced that it's ATS which is being manipulated

Your logic does not stack up.

ATS owners maybe considered to be cashing in on adverts but if it was financed from a more sinister source then they would not need these adverts.

it's google thats embeded within this site that you should be concerned about and not ATS as i see it.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
And in response to the OP, given the knowledge of wikileaks being permanently abandoned, I would find it extrmely suprising if whisteblowers were to submit anything to a site known to have been abandoned.

But even more suprising for me, would be if Assange or his colleagues were involved in any anti-whisteblower crackdown, not matter how much they were bribed by TPTB. some people value a principalled life over a rich, convinient or comfortable life. That's a big assumption to make i confess, but from what i know about wikileaks, id find it harder to beleive otherwise.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Great Thread...I think Assange and Wikileaks have been turned. Just look at the mainstream positive press Wikileaks has been receiving... A real whistleblower site would never get mainstream coverage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join