It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Juarez is going to hell in a hand basket!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hello ATS. Today was a very interesting day for me. I got in a cab to go to my clearing appointments and had a conversation with the taxi driver. At first he said nothing for a good minute or two but then suddenly he started telling me about how the situation in Juarez is. He told me he use to live in the westcoast many years ago but moved here to el paso long before the cartels took over Juarez with their petty crimes. He told me that Juarez is in even worse shape then the news cares to report. Apparently some of the cartels had inside workers in the airport and smuggled goods all across the states and have been doing so for a very long time but somehow the mexican president did nothing to stop them. There are more and more vacant buildings then ever before and told me that the news doesn't report how many deaths really happen.

There is sodomy, murder, kidnapping, extortion, smuggling and more that the news isnt reporting and I can see why. How long until most of our cities end up like Juarez or worse? How can we stop the cartels if they are spreading like wild fire and constantly deal with those that oppose them. These crooks and killers even kill the whole family of there enemies and it just makes me sick to my gut. One thing is for sure though, I will be glad to leave this side of Texas once and for all. Best of luck to the poor souls of Juarez who mind there own business until they are caught in a crossfire of bullets.:shk:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I have often wondered when and how the Mexican drug cartels would finally take control in USA cities. But I fear, their foot is in the door.

Taxi cab confessions as yours are almost guaranteed to be the truth, because they have been itching all day to tell someone what they feel, and they feel it is their responsibility to tell someone.

The issue that the media is not reporting the actual crime rate in Juarez is specifically related to mainstream media news rules. Don't rock the boat unless someone gives you authorization.

When you speak of cartel insiders within airports allowing things to be smuggles, one must have to wonder how long has things have been smuggled. Years? Half decades?.. The possibilities are endless if they have moles on either side of the airport terminals. Scary really.

Then, why does the mexican president not stop this? once and for all. ?? Why is this not being taking care of right now ?? I fear, and I feel ashamed to say..... That corruption is vast. And if threats have been made , than corruption may seem the only way to some.

Homes being vacated, I understand this. Who would want to be in a place where people are killing for ultimate power of the highest kind. I would leave. And I think most would leave. No one would want to remain in a city or anywhere where power is the common goal.

Very interesting read OP, this subject is going throughout many peoples mind right now and I am among just one voice out of many.

Please let us know the next taxi cab ride you take, and this time maybe ask the cab driver if he knows anything about the cartels. I do believe taxi cab drivers to be a very interesting source.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
the government should do some nuke testing on that city
well maybe not nukes, but my point is there

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

The taxi driver I talked to was born in mexico and moved to the west coast and finally here in el paso. He says he is not afraid to go to Juarez because he knows the place so well that he can avoid danger zones and go to places without being a victim of crime. He speaks good english and hopefully when I go around town in the morning I can see him again for more info. I have been wondering the same thing about the planes. I have no doubt in my mind that smuggling using airliners has been taking place since probably more then half a century now.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

How can we stop the cartels if they are spreading like wild fire and constantly deal with those that oppose them.

Simple. End the ridiculous war on drugs and it goes away.

Then you can have the drugs in the hands of Big Pharma, whom I trust less than the cartels, but I digress.

Prohibition didn't work so why in the world would anyone believe the war on drugs would be any different?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

If only it were that easy. There will always be a struggle for profits and domination. The war on drugs is just like the war on terror, eventhough we want it to end it just keeps going until no one cares about it anymore.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
...juarez was a rough place 50 yrs ago due to government enforced poverty and that hasnt changed... el paso is no different from any other big city, in that abject poverty causes a higher crime rate... however, it is safer than philly or chicago or los angeles or nyc and those cities dont have an international border issue...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is an important thread and I am bumping it in light of the possible collapse of the USD and economic dooms day.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks for the bump but I haven't lived in El paso for nearly two years already so there is no telling how bad Juarez is now. I can tell you though that it's probably in the worst shape now then it ever was in the whole cities history.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

U.S. Government Used Taxpayer Funds to Buy, Sell Weapons During 'Fast and Furious,' Documents Show.

Not only did U.S. officials approve, allow and assist in the sale of more than 2,000 guns to the Sinaloa cartel -- the federal government used taxpayer money to buy semi-automatic weapons, sold them to criminals and then watched as the guns disappeared.

This disclosure, revealed in documents obtained by Fox News, could undermine the Department of Justice's previous defense that Operation Fast and Furious was a "botched" operation where agents simply "lost track" of weapons as they were transferred from one illegal buyer to another. Instead, it heightens the culpability of the federal government as Mexico, according to sources, has opened two criminal investigations into the operation that flooded their country with illegal weapons.

Operation Fast and Furious began in October 2009. In it, federal agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives encouraged gun stores to sell weapons to an arms smuggling gang, then watched as the guns crossed the border and were used in crimes. Each month, the agency allowed hundreds of guns to go South, despite opposition from some agents.

All told, the gang spent more than $1.25 million for the illegal guns. In June 2010, however, the ATF dramatically upped the ante, making the U.S. government the actual "seller" of guns. According to documents obtained by Fox News, Agent John Dodson was ordered to buy six semi-automatic Draco pistols -- two of those were purchased at the Lone Wolf gun store in Peoria, Ariz. An unusual sale, Dodson was sent to the store with a letter of approval from David Voth, an ATF group supervisor. Dodson then sold the weapons to known illegal buyers, while fellow agents watched from their cars nearby.

This was not a "buy-bust" or a sting operation, where police sell to a buyer and then arrest them immediately afterward. In this case, agents were "ordered" to let the sale go through and follow the weapons to a stash house. According to sources directly involved in the case, Dodson felt strongly that the weapons should not be abandoned and the stash house should remain under 24-hour surveillance. However, Voth disagreed and ordered the surveillance team to return to the office. Dodson refused, and for six days in the desert heat kept the house under watch, defying direct orders from Voth.

A week later, a second vehicle showed up to transfer the weapons. Dodson called for an interdiction team to move in, make the arrest and seize the weapons. Voth refused and the guns disappeared with no surveillance. According to a story posted Sunday on a website dedicated to covering Fast and Furious, Voth gave Dodson the assignment to "dirty him up," since Dodson had become the most vocal critic of the operation. "I think Dodson demanded the letter from Voth to cover both himself and the FFL (Federal Firearm Licensee).

He didn't want to be hung out to dry by Voth," a source told the website "Sipsey Street Irregulars." Subsequent to this undercover operation, sources told Sipsey, "Dodson just about came apart all over them (his supervisors). In a 'screaming match' that was heard throughout the Phoenix office by many employees, Dodson yelled at Voth and Assistant Special Agent in Charge George Gillett, 'Why not just go direct and empty out the (ATF) arms room?" (to the cartels), or words to that effect.'

After the confrontation, ATF managers transferred Dodson to a more menial job. Months later, after the death of Border Patrol agent Brian Terry, Dodson blew the whistle and went public about the federal government's gunrunning operation.

I like the parts where the goverment just let them take the guns that they gave to them and then demoted the guy for doing his job of trying to make sure they didnt keep the guns. Man i love America.

Now this is from fox news so who knows how much there really not telling us. Hell im surprised fox told anyway. crazy i know. Also the leader of the sinaloa cartel is supposed to be worth billions makes sense why they dont touch him. He is obviously 1 of them.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 22-2-2012 by vaelamin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Did you hear about the woman walking her baby in a stroller who got hit in the leg by stray bullets? She was in Texas I think and shot from Mexico. She and the baby are fine now.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

No but I did hear about certain buildings having bullet holes from random fire across the border. I think that if the U.S would stop selling weapons to the cartels then that would solve a lot of the problems then and there. It still goes on and nothing seems to be getting done about it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony

How can we stop the cartels if they are spreading like wild fire and constantly deal with those that oppose them.

Simple. End the ridiculous war on drugs and it goes away.

Then you can have the drugs in the hands of Big Pharma, whom I trust less than the cartels, but I digress.

Prohibition didn't work so why in the world would anyone believe the war on drugs would be any different?

If your goal is high prices and power then prohibtion did work and is working.

new topics

top topics

join