It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War with IRAN inevitable: All arrows point to "SOON"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
DISCLAIMER: This thread is being posted as my own personal opinions from MY OWN personal observations. I hope I am wrong, I really do. As should any reasonable poster, I have done some research, and have come to this conclusion. Here we go:

In a game of chess, or warfare, the most important aspect is strategy. It's about being 10 steps ahead of the enemy, knowing what their move will be before they make it. That being said, let's look at the evidence.

1. The United States has been surrounding IRAN with US troops.
www.israelnationalnews.com...

Iran literally is surrounded by American troops, notes an oil market analyst, Energy and Capital editor Christian A. DeHaemer. There is no evidence of an imminent attack, but he connects a number of recent events and the presence of American soldiers to warn that oil prices might soar -- with or without a pre-emptive strike aimed at stopping Iran’s nuclear power ambitions.

2. The United States has been acting more aggressively when it comes to Iran and it's sanctions. (this was published TODAY)
www1.voanews.com...

President Barack Obama has signed legislation that was overwhelming passed by the U.S. Congress last month imposing new sanctions against Iran. The objective of the legislation is to deprive Iran of the resources to develop nuclear weapons by deterring certain foreign financial transactions and energy-related investments and trade with Iran.

3. Iran, however, has made it publicly known that doing so (sanctions) would be a HUGE mistake, and if I CAN FIND THIS statement online, I am sure our government knows this. So why do it?
www.presstv.ir...

"Anti-Iran sanctions will deepen the financial crisis (in the West)," spokesman for the Iranian Parliament's National Security and Foreign Policy Committee Kazem Jalali was quoted as saying by IRNA on Tuesday.

"Western and American companies are in no way rejoicing over the Iran sanctions, as the measures will bring them economical and financial loss," Jalali added.

"The sanctions were decided by a handful of American and Western politicians," Jalali said, criticizing the disregard of Western leaders for "the needs and concerns of economists."

4. If you look at a map of the Middle East, it's pretty scary how many countries we have that are actively deploying troops around Iran.

So to put it simply, it looks like strategic placement has begun, all the chess pieces are on the board, and we are basically waiting for Iran to make a move. Just read the following links... Scary....

www.presstv.ir...

US and British intelligence services are working on a fake video clip aimed at diverting blame for failures in Afghanistan to Iran, an informed US military source says.

A source at the US base in Bagram, told Press TV on condition of anonymity that the US and British spies have employed renowned American film editors to produce the video.

www.iranian.com...

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says that the U.S. is a "dictatorship" as it tries to control world affairs.

Ahmadinejad made the comments Wednesday night during a speech at the Iranian Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria's capital. He is in Nigeria for a summit of an organization known as the D-8, or the Developing Eight nations.

In full, Ahmadinejad says the U.S. is "the self-proclaimed leader, and everybody should know that a self-proclaimed leadership is (a) dictatorship. I am going to say, on behalf of you, that the years of dictatorship are over."

www1.voanews.com...

Couldn't have said this any better....

"Sanctions like these are without doubt an act of war. America (my country) and Israel together with the UN are in cahoots to spawn an aggressive action by Iran, just so they have a reason to retaliate and invade your country. But keep in mind, many great minds in America are calling this a true act of war and therefore Iran has not only a god-given right to defend themselves, but it is their duty to defend themselves.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I finally found Israel on this map. For a country that is so small, they sure do cause alot of problems.
I hope we dont go to war.
And if we do, I hope it doesnt go nuclear

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Destiny Curious

Yep, very small country. But one of the richest. I read somewhere that Iran would obliterate most attempts at war with JUST their special forces (I'm looking for it now). They are nothing to play with, and us sanctioning them is like an older, bigger cousin poking at you with a stick, multiple times, until you finally say "#$# YOU!" and go ballistic! Bullying much?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Here's a comparative analogy.

- You and I don't get along
- My friends don't like you either
- My friends and I have a weapon that will destroy you
- You are developing a weapon capable of destroying me, my friends or both

What is the logical way to handle this problem?

1.) Ask you nicely to stop. "We know what you're doing and if you don't stop, we will have a response"
2.) Ask a little more assertively. "Listen, we asked you once already, you need to stop working on that project or else"
3.) Preemptive strike? Wait, not yet, its in our best interest to make continued attempts at a diplomatic solution. Devise a punishment for ignoring our requests.
4.) Preemptive strike? Again, not yet. You now have a few new friends who may/may not deliver a painful counter-attack against me and my friends.
5.) Preemptive strike. Yeah, probably, a faithful effort was made to find peaceful solutions.

There is no way in HECK I am allowing you to complete that weapon that is capable of destroying me.

In my opinion, people make this way to complicated. I feel its extremely logical. There is a point where there is no alternative. The world is not going to allow Iran to develop nuclear weapons. Logic tells me that we absolutely are VERY close to taking out the POTENTIAL threat ourselves.

Am I making this too simple? Does anyone else agree with my scenario above?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I find it hilarious that obama would want to start a war when he knows absolutely nothing about how to win the wars he inherited. He's a muslim and will not begin a war with other muslims, give me a break. There will be no war with Iran, please stop the misinformation machine.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Patriot
I find it hilarious that obama would want to start a war when he knows absolutely nothing about how to win the wars he inherited. He's a muslim and will not begin a war with other muslims, give me a break. There will be no war with Iran, please stop the misinformation machine.

You talk about misinformation in the same paragraph you spread unconfirmed rumors about your president (however unfavorable he is to you).

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

Thank you for your post and analysis OP. I believe you are correct in your reasoning that the Iran war will come soon. I think very soon.

The most powerful empire to have ever existed on Earth is collapsing. It is crumbling under HUGE debt and spread thin in bloody and losing wars... Traits too often seen in world history of an empire in it's death throes.

The coming war on Iran is about resources. It will be a resource war, pure and simple. As is Iraq and Afghanistan. (Oil and Rare Earth minerals).

I believe the truth is we as a globe have already hit the dreaded (and controversial) Peak Oil. Easy to get, cheap oil is a sure thing of the past... The United States peaked their oil production in 1970.

The US government is fully aware of Peak Oil and the inevitable crash of industrialized civilization as a result... Dick Cheney new about it at least as far back as the late 90's and put together an investigation as to how much oil is really left and who has it. He knew what was coming.

Get control of that oil, and you'll effectively control the world as it enters this new phase in human history.. a phase rife with resource wars and collapse.

I have no doubt prior to 9/11 the US government decided to take action no matter the costs and collateral damage to secure it's place in the post-oil world. This can come across as science-fiction to some but I believe this is more or less the case of the situation.

Iran are as much of a "terrorist" threat and a "nuclear" threat as is my 80 year old neighbor named Janice. The only threat Iran poses to the US and Israel is it's security and progress during these turbulent times.

"Get rid of Iran, get control of it's oil, control the Middle-East and we'll decide who eats and who starves"

IMO thats all its coming down to

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Nomad451]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
obama being muslim isn't misinformation in my book. More deluded people need to open their eyes.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by The Patriot]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuffaloJoe

1.) Ask you nicely to stop. "We know what you're doing and if you don't stop, we will have a response"
2.) Ask a little more assertively. "Listen, we asked you once already, you need to stop working on that project or else"
3.) Preemptive strike? Wait, not yet, its in our best interest to make continued attempts at a diplomatic solution. Devise a punishment for ignoring our requests.
4.) Preemptive strike? Again, not yet. You now have a few new friends who may/may not deliver a painful counter-attack against me and my friends.
5.) Preemptive strike. Yeah, probably, a faithful effort was made to find peaceful solutions.

There is no way in HECK I am allowing you to complete that weapon that is capable of destroying me.

In my opinion, people make this way to complicated. I feel its extremely logical. There is a point where there is no alternative. The world is not going to allow Iran to develop nuclear weapons. Logic tells me that we absolutely are VERY close to taking out the POTENTIAL threat ourselves.

I'll disagree.

- So you and I don't get along. Is there any reason to assume I want to kill you over it?

- Your friends don't like me. I might not care for them much either, but it doesn't mean I want to kill either of you. Especially if you just leave me alone.

- You and your friends have guns, I don't. So you can either leave me alone or try to kill me. I prefer the former option, of course.

- It might be a good idea for me to get a gun to protect myself. It won't match the arsenal you and your friends have, but it might make you think twice about trying to kill me. It wouldn't make much sense for me to use my handgun to try to take out you and your gang, especially when I don't have a car that would get me to where you are.

In response to my trying to acquire a gun, you decide to try to starve me and my family, and think that will change my mind? Then you say that if I keep trying to get a gun, you will come by and kill me. I would find it hard to trust you, especially since I've just seen you go to both my neighbor's houses and shoot up the place, when neither one of them ever did anything to you.

Why the hell can't we just leave those people alone? They are no real threat to us.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

The most powerful empire to have ever existed on Earth is collapsing.

Wow. And all this time I thought the United States was a Republic. Guess I grew up in another country.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Spot on, S & F's to you, with the best analysis so far, and quite likely the correct one, science fiction.... perhap's but, it seem's more and more, that science fiction, turn's out to be science fact......

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Wow. And all this time I thought the United States was a Republic. Guess I grew up in another country.

No, your photo there is a sure indication of where you grew up.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

No, your photo there is a sure indication of where you grew up.

In a country with the 2nd Amendment, you mean of course. I would presume so. BTW, I'm standing outside a perfectly legal shooting range. Do you know what those are?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
well the government agents have spoken, no war!

me? I agree with you totally.
it will help them bury the gulf to.
and I bet some on americas side get hit with nuc’s.
problem US. it would help get the people behind the war!
and thin the sheet down some...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BuffaloJoe

Really? Shouldn't this be: We say you are developing a weapon or we think you are developing a weapon?

And then of course there's the part about you and your friends cutting off my money and my ability to work and telling lies about me.

Oh and the part about you accusing me of interfering with other nations when you do the very same or worse. On a far grander scale?

Yeah.

[edit on 7/7/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Back on topic....
Whether or not people agree that we will go to Iran or not, the fact of the matter is that the United States is taking a stance that we, as people of this nation, do not agree on.

It isn't too hard to figure out either. If you look at the placement of the troops, the sanctions, etc., well, what else can be going on?

If Iran decided to go to war with Mexico, then posted their own troops in Canada, the Gulf, the Pacific Ocean, and the Atlantic, then said "Oh, btw America, you cannot build any more bombs because we say so..."

What would we do/feel as a nation?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
What stance? Political sanctions? We aren't taking a military stance, no matter what ATS members spew. And there is no military buildup aside from the troops we already have in the region.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuffaloJoe

america is the potential threat

its so obvious

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I really hope the US just leaves Iran alone.

We all know where this is going to end up, and in my opinion the lesser of the 2 evils would be to let them be.

Here's what I see possible

a) Iran keeps "developing" nuclear weapons and the US starts a war with Iran that will end up being the war with the biggest loss of life for our nation since WW2. This war will also cause even MORE of the people in the middle east to hate us, resulting in war with that entire damn region. And that's not even the worst that could happen.

or b) We let them develop there nuclear energy and let's say they develop nukes and let's even say they detonate one in the states. We then retalliate, with something bigger than a nuke. Resulting in immense deaths.

I still don't think the loss of life in b would be as bad as option a. Not only that, but option a makes us look even more like world dictator.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Iran should be building nuclear weapons, or ANY country for that matter. But, I also don't think it is our duty to tell another country what they should be allowed to develop.

This whole situation will end badly. I honestly think, as a planet, that option B would be better than option A. Either way we are going to war

I know. I'm not a patriot. Or I'm a pussy for not wanting to destroy them
before they can destroy us. Whatever you think, just know that war is inevitable barring some HUGE soul searching by all involved, which will never happen.

This stuff makes me cry at night. In 2010 were closer to killing each other and the planet than we were at anytime in history. It's so sad.

I'd be willing to give my life to stop this war and I think it's sad because I don't feel that many would.

If "god" exists, and I'm sure "something" does, I wish it would show up so we can stop all this.

I think for the first time ever I will go to bed praying. It can't hurt anything right.

I'm sorry about this horribly formed ramp but I'm to that point of mental breaking and I never thought I would reach this point. I never thought I would beg on my knees for help from "god".

If this is going to happen, I would like everyone to know that I love you all. I love the people of Iran just as much as I love the people of the united states. I love the Taliban and I love al Qaeda. I love all of our "enemies", real or fake. I think at this hour love is the only thing that can stop what is imminent.

I beleive that loving everything and everyone the same is how you truly wake up. It is the way to salvation. And right now it's the only thing us pawns really got.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by GeechQuestInfo]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

Lets just hope nothing major happens on US soil to win over the populations "agreement".

It doesn't take a genius to see where its all heading. And it isn't just ATS that's "spewing" information about military build up in the area.. I've been hearing from multiple sources, but thats not to say its absolutely 100% ridgy didge confirmed.

But does it really need to be? Like I said, blind freddy can see where this is all heading

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join