It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Misery For Mustangs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have long been aware of Big Mining ,Oil and Timber and Cattle as the perpetrators of the eradication of Mustangs
What is so far untold is the story of the American Quarter Horse Associations strong involvement in this matter
I intend to show that the AQHA (which I call the Quarter Horse Mafia) are just that and why they hate mustangs and serve as Enforcement for these huge corporations. How they infiltrate horsemen’s groups and monitor and sabotage all advocacy efforts on behalf of Mustangs and they have the money the membership and motivation to do it

this is not a long article it illustrates how AQHA members stay close to the Mustang issue particularly telling is the last few sentences of this article

Mustang Heritage Article several AQHA members named as judges in Xtreme Mustang Makeover

The AQHA is primarily a breeder of horses for slaughter, prior to the closing of the last American slaughter plants they achieved the perfection of horses breed not for performance but for food

“I definitely have big boots to fill,” Don said. “When Bill became executive vice president, AQHA needed someone with the management skills, passion for the product and political savvy to move the Association forward. He was the right person at the right time.

refering to Bill Brewer outgoing Pres AQHA famous for his pro slaughter sentiments
from this AQHA publication
does that sound like somebody who loves horses? I don't remember referring to my horses as a product ,most horsemen don't,you know who else talks about animals as product ?Cattlemen

this was done by the purposeful breeding of several lethal genetic disease into the genome of the Quarter horse all designed to make horses that fit into a set of requirements that eaters of horsemeat find desirable in quality horse meat, tenderness ,flavor muscle mass to bone ratios and so on the industry that produces these is a branch of showing that is called Halter Horse the American Quarter Halter Horse is the one breed for meat
excerpt from Wikipedia article
[quote Halter type
Horses shown in-hand in Halter competition are larger yet, with a very heavily muscled appearance, while retaining small heads with wide jowls and refined muzzles. There is controversy amongst owners, breeder and veterinarians regarding the health effects of the extreme muscle mass that is currently fashionable in the specialized halter horse, which typically is 15.2 to 16 hands and weighs in at over 1200 pounds when fitted for halter competition. Not only are there concerns about the weight to frame ratio on the horse's skeletal system, but the massive build is also linked to HYPP.[citation needed] (See Genetic diseases below UNQUOTE]

Benton QHs Home of Sir Cool Skip

video of a Halter Stallion attempting run and play

you will notice in the Halter Horse world you don't see saddles or horses ridden

Horse meat sells for 28 dollars a pound is far cheaper to produce than beef, so profit margins are sky high in relation to beef production
where Mustangs come in besides the large corporations is they represent an irreplaceable genetic resource and the AQHA don’t want healthy fertile viable horses around as it is their intention to pollute the horse population worldwide with these ‘zombie horses’ Much like what Monsanto does to corn wheat and soybeans

The Truth about AQHA and slaughter

there is tons of info in this blog entry and links

[edit on 7/7/2010 by MrsBlonde]

[edit on 7/7/2010 by MrsBlonde] okay I've tried every way from Sunday to embed a photo aaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
the disease that make make them perfect for slaughter are
HERDA a genetic disease of the skin of the back usually becomes obvious when a horse is saddled for the first time or receives an injury to the top line
then the horses skin sloughs off in large areas effectively skinning it alive

makes slaughter sooo much easier!

Australian article on HERDA
[im][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b19e7de5[/im]

HYPP VIDEO OF HORSE SUFFERING HYPP ATTACK
makes them tender and delicious!

sorry I couldn't embed the video but it is on the bottom of the page on the link above
Montana Quarter Horse Association lobbies for horse slaughter plant

stop Montana horse slaughter

always and always wherever you see a horse slaughter proponent you see a prominent member of AQHA with high access to government officials and ties to Big Oil Big Agriculture

they stay right next to the policy makers and are 'advisers' to BLM officials
and are the primary voice prompting them to eradicate the Mustangs and never stop lobbying strenuously for the return of horse slaughter plants

I have a lot more on this I will post again soon this has taken me forever already I'll post more tomorrow

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Thank you! While I had known about halter horses and HYPP for a while, I never thought of them that way. It makes me sick to think of them that way.

But considering that the Arabian horse world was busted for overbreeding and thus sending many, many yearlings to auction (and of course to slaughter), its horrifically logical that the QH industry would do the same thing, particularly since it would be more profitable. Heck, I bet there are QH breeders who drive their own horses to slaughter - cut out the middle man! For every horse that wins in the show ring, there are hundreds who aren't quite perfect enough...and they're nearly useless for riding outside of nice, gentle Western Pleasure classes. Ever seen someone try and ride one of these horses? They look like they're about to slide off the front of the horse at the slightest bump. Working QHs on the other hand, ride like regular horses.

Regarding that horse in the video, that poor boy, he has absolutely NO flexibility in his back and hips! Do they still trim foals from a week after birth so that their hocks deform into being perfectly straight? They did that back in the 80's I know, tho I heard later that that 'went out of style'.

It also just occurred to me that the cowboys, so interested in 'preserving' their way of life, are hypocritical in not using the original 'cow pony' from which their beloved QHs, Paints, and Appaloosas are descended: the mustang...and instead, are more interested in wiping them out. Doesn't surprise me, tho.

[edit on 8/7/2010 by Zhora]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Zhora

Zhora I will mention the Arabian breeders but later I'm still trying to figure out which way to go but I will take excerpts from that Australian article

and I did find a study also Australian where a vet from the institute that produced the study says if the breeding practices of the AQHA continue as is ALL HORSES WORLDWIDE WILL BE AFFECTED!!

I'm trying to put all that together I haven't forgotten just working on it

thanks for reading this thread

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
OKAY so today's installment will corroborate my assertion that AQHA stays VERY CLOSE to the mustang issue

AQHA does not plan on letting go of this
they will infiltrate and change the agendas of every horseman’s organization that starts on behalf of Mustangs, all the while paying lip service to the ‘it’s all about the horses’

A Mustang site that Promotes Quarter Horses !! this is a perfect example of a MUSTANG REFUGE
operated by of course QUARTER HORSE BREEDERS!!!! they are offering kids involvement with ‘Mustang rescue and horsemanship by gifting the winner with a beautiful Mustang? NO WAY!! A Quarter Horse !
duh

Black Hills Wild Horse Sanctuary DSC04351Small Horses Helping Kids...An exciting opportunity for horse ownership for area 4-H Youth An exciting new program for horse ownership available to area 4-H youth has just been announced. Dayton Hyde and Susan Watt, owners of Cheyenne Canyon Paints and Quarter Horses located at the Black Hills Wild Horse Sanctuary, have been raising quality ranch horses for over twenty years. Their horses are raised on the open range in the School of Hard Rocks. Top bloodlines, great color, good minds and the heart to win give these young horses the ability to go from the ranch to arena competitions. The Horses Helping Kids Program has a select group of yearlings and two year old AQHA and APHA horses available to area 4-H youth. These young horses are just waiting to show their new owners the potential of their breeding. To qualify for ownership of one of our select group of young horses the 4-H member must fulfill a few requirements:

and again Extreme Trail Horse hint . it's not a Mustang
come watch the Extreme Mustang Makeover( IRONIC PHRASING ISN’T IT?)you know what else starts with EX ? EXTINCTION
Once again the message look at THE Mustangs pretend you give damn then buy a Quarter horse
In case you don’t believe me that AQHA IS PROMOTING SLAUGHTER ,Mustangs first then the only breed of horse they want left on earth the Quarter Halter meat breed they developed
www.cattlenetwork.com... aspx?oid=1001178&fid=CN-LATEST_NEWS_&aid=760" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Wyoming slaughtering horse for the poor?

Horses for Humanity The United Organizations will provide horse meat at their cost to Wyoming relief organizations for distribution to those in need. Once the roadblocks to federal inspection of horsemeat in the US can be lifted, the United Organizations of the Horse is planning to implement a partnership with national and international relief organizations to provide wholesome, healthy, humanely harvested horsemeat to the hungry. Through this program horse owners have the option of donating a horse that would otherwise be disposed of. Owners are assured a quick, humane death for their animal, and the comfort of knowing that the meat is going to a good and useful purpose.

have you ever heard of evil more than selling 28 dollar a pound meat as ‘food for the poor!
if that doesn’t boggle your mind then you don’t have one

so that's today's post I want to keep it short and readable . Notice I'm still posting away even though no one is reading this thread ,I don't care I'm going to keep saying this it will fulfill it's purpose somehow I believe in things like that

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Hi Mrs.Blonde,

I'm reading your thread as well as the news that was featured on this site. I'm in an absolute state of shock. I'm a woman in my early 40's and I absolutely was crazy for horses as a child. Unfortunately I was poor and suburban so horses were just a beautiful dream to me. I read books about horses, I dreamed about them, I committed the breeds and their descriptions and histories in my books to memory. I collected photos and plastic models when my parents' budget permitted. Because of my love for horses, particularly the stories and pictures of the beautiful Mustangs and the amazing strong Quarter Horses of the cowboys, I had always treasured an ideal of the American Old West. As an adult I still have never had the opportunity to devote any time or attention to horses beyond taking photos of the kids at the occasional pony rides that crop up at local events. So without the opportunity to hear otherwise, I have up to this very day naively believed many of the Old West traditions and values and the beautiful horses themselves were still in good stewardship.

I'm just devastated to read your post and see that yet another precious piece of Americana has been trod into dirt over greed. I was aware we have sold out our country's values and treasures over the past few generations but I never suspected that the AQHA has sold out this great and legendary breed and now are gunning for the Mustangs. I have all this time believed that everything is still as it was in the books of my childhood. I can not yet bring myself to watch the videos, especially not that one of that poor horse. I have my own painful autoimmune problems and so also can't look at the poor horses with their peeling skins. The written descriptions alone have filled me with shock and despair. How could a breed association do this to their breed? I have seen over the years the dog breeds become frail due to being bred for appearance above all else. It never occured to me horses would be bred for anything other than function and health.

I knew out here in the east coast people have had to rescue race horses. I had neighbors who owned many rescues that they keep on rural land they own. That is all I knew of horse abuse. I never knew the QH breed association turned against its own breed like that. I'm stunned.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

SheeplFlavoredAgain I thank you and Zhora so much for reading this

I always wonder when I post if I'm being clear and making my information understood

I have a long history with horses and in the past have rescued a few
I know on so many levels what they suffer and I am outraged.

I never stop on the issue of horse welfare ,I can't,I don't know how

but I do know that horses at the nexus of everything we need to fix as country and a people . Our morals ,our values, our history,who we need to become and we have to do it today

It's really time to stop letting these monsters define us ,we need to define ourselves .I know many people will stand with me and start that definition by never betraying innocence and beauty and goodness . That could be a start
I think many people are like you and see the romantic images and think everything is okay and why wouldn't you ? How would you know?

but now that you do please follow the links that many people have posted in these threads and please email your legislators and tell them what you just told me . It will help the horses it will

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I did click on some of the links posted but will definitely have to re-read because I was a bit confused last night/early this morning on what has already transpired vs. what can still be changed. Forgive me, I've gone from my childhood immersed in second-hand horse lore to my present as someone more immersed in cat and dog rescue. It's going to take a bit of effort to bring myself up to speed on this issue. I'm still reeling from the shock of learning how the QH breed has been tampered with by an organization that I thought was tasked with the breed's stewardship, not its exploitation.

I am pretty sure not even my horse-owning neighbors know about this. We have harness racing in our state so most focus I have ever heard on horse welfare has been centered on the fates of those horses. I have a neighbor down the street whose parents have kept horses (that they sold due to their own age and increasing infirmity) and I'll talk to her and see if this is anything she's ever heard of. If even she doesn't know about this issue, then we clearly have a defecit of awareness because my neighbor and I say this with tongue in cheek affection--prides herself on knowing everything!

Well I'll certainly network with my friends in cat/dog/small animal rescue and get this info out to them and try to spread awareness. There was among them a journalist and I haven't talked to her in ages but if I can get back in touch with her I'll pass this information along to her. She was always amazing about writing about animal welfare issues. I'll definitely do some correspondence with the legislators. Goodness, this country was built on the backs of horses. And we're sending them overseas to be ripped apart while they're still alive and aware of it? We human beings are absolute vile monsters that we could do this to living creatures.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Excellent thread, will take me some time to absorb the info, thanks for posting it.

I am trying to find out if it is possible to adopt a mustang or two so as to provide some form of legal protection for these animals.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Cosmic4life! If you have the where with all to adopt mustangs then here you go!

on this site there are several beautiful old stallions that are for SALE not part of the regular adoption pipline by one or two and BREED them !

they are in their teens and 20's but don't let that freak you out Mustangs routinely live into their mid 40's

BLM internet adoption

Just Look At These Beauties

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Mustang adoptions occur quite frequently in the West. The best way would be to visit the BLM Site for information on adoption and some of the field offices that have a wild horse/burro program.

From my experience, working at a BLM office with a wildhorse program, the last decade of adoptions has been pretty disappointing for the directors of these auctions. Not alot of turnout from people interested in adopting a mustang. I believe the economy has had a major affect on this, but also a diminishing interest in horsemanship has contributed.

I was raised with Arabs. Parents raised and bred endurance racers, and before giving up the business, they dabbled in flat-track racing with some success. Had some large plots of land that these horses free ranged on and the difficult thing for me to absorb from these wild horse/burro managers, was their absolute belief that these wild horses/burros are destroying the range that they've dwelled on for 4 centuries. What upsets me is the lack of acknowledgment that the cattle and sheep industry has had the most detrimental effect on the ecosystems of the west.

Anyway, hope the link helps

edit: apparently the plural for sheep is not ship, haha

[edit on 7/11/2010 by saabster5]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
so today I'm gonna take a little side trip to demystify some of AQHAs propaganda mind control techniques specifically Americas Horse it's a slogan they use all the time Americas Horse that really resonates with national pride after all the English have Thoroughbreds ,and the Dutch have Frisians,and the Arabs have Arabians and and so on so we can hold our heads proudly because we have a breed made right here in the USA!!

so I give you the list the following are all breeds of horse made right here in the good old USA

Morgan
Standardbred
American Saddlebred
Rocky Mountain Horse
Tennessee Walker
Missouri Foxtrotter
Spotted Saddle Horse
Appaloosa
Florida Cracker
Racking Horse
Pony of the Americas
American Curly
Spotted Draft Horse
American Creme Draft horse
Wild Mustang
Kiger Mustang
Sulpher Horse
Chincoteauge Pony
American Shetland Pony

that's just of the top of my head, so be an American Patriot and by an American Breed and don't listen to the lies the AQHA tells Americas Horsemen and woman have developed many beautiful proud breeds of horse
I love them all

Here are a 2 of them

American Saddlebred

Kiger Mustang

so intermittently I'll post some more non quarter horse American Breed videos

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
I have a lot more on this I will post again soon this has taken me forever already I'll post more tomorrow

Biased, internet propaganda.

Please tell me what type of horse you have and where you board.

For the record HYPP was traced to a TB stallion named Domino. Impressive was not the source but since he had Domino three times in his pedegree the gene was more concentrated in him.

Every breed hs it's bad apples. The big name in the arabian circle was the head of FEMA during Katrina.

TB breeders were caught killing horses for the insurance money.

TWH owners turn a blind eye to the horrific soring practices.

BUT for every bad apple there are hundreds if not thousand of good owners.

The Qh is the most popular breed about 250,000. registered QH alive this year. That is a fairly large pool to draw examples from don't you think? So I m not surprised you found a scandal or two.

The wild horse adoption program while founded with all good intentions has not done the breed a favor in that by the mid 1980's most of the desirable rideable, trainable horses had been picked out. What is left is for the most part small, narrow chested, roman nosed ponies.

If you want to save one why don't you adopt one or ten. No? Oh so you want 'everyone else' to solve the problem hile you sit back and B!TCH about it.

Oh you live in the city and can't find a place to keep a horse. Not. I live in a bigger city and you would be surprised where you can have a horse boarded Sign on to the chronicle of the horse forums and tell them where you live and where you can board you will have a dozen places by the end ofthe day.
In fact since california passed the anti slaughter bill horses are now classified as 'companion animalls' (read pets) and if you can arguethe point with the city zoning you may actally be able to keep one in your back yard.
No? Still not willing to try? Then stop lumping me "a long time QH owner' with the outcast you managed to find an article about on the internet.

Perhaps the reason the upper level riders with ive or siv figures to drop on a horse go to europe to buy, is Is horses is because by and large they are better animals because of their ruthless culling. Survival of the 'too good to eat'. No a whole lot of poor quality animals to be found in belgum.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by ..5..]

[edit on 12-7-2010 by ..5..]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by saabster5

It's not just the economy and lack of interest in horsemanship. Encroachment of suburbs on suitable land that accomodates horses is a problem. I wanted to share a story I read in our community paper but it's not online and I don't trust my memory to get it correct. So the basic issue is that a combination of new tree preservation laws (which are enforced in such bizarre ways they make no sense either to the preservation of trees or to intelligent land use) and laws favoring the rights of new housing developments over existing rural landowners have pushed owners of land that once accomodated horses and horse training facilities out to ever more remote agricultural areas. With the horse boarding and training facilities and horse owners moving further out, it is harder for suburban families and urban families to get their kids into horsemanship classes and camps. It's harder to get to your horse if you board one, too. One of my husband's friends has been complaining about that since he had to move his boarded horse further out into deeper country. The auto congestion and commutes are just killer and so families who might otherwise put their kids into these camps and classes will opt for something more suburban instead.

Sorry if that was a bit off topic. I just wanted to put that out there because it is a factor where I live currently. Still, my neighbor and I hope to be able to get our kids enrolled in some classes when they're a bit older. I may take a class myself. I only got to ride a horse twice in my life. It was a magical experience and I would like to do it again someday while I'm still young enough to climb up onto a horse without killing myself.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

Hi 5! ha sorry couldn't resist
I don't have a horse now,but when I did I owned ,Appaloosa,Quarab, Pinto NSHx2 Quarter Horse,Thorughbredx2

I boarded , trained and rode them in the City! all of them. did the usual things one does with horses some Team Penning some trail riding fiddled around with Barrel Racing , Polo Cross ,and Jumping whatever seemed fun.I don't have a horse now because I go to school full time and can't afford the time or the cash for a horse right now. God willing and the creek don't rise,as soon as I am more stable,pun intended, I will get a horse and it will be a Mustang if there are any by then

There are atrocities in all avenues of the Horse World and fraud and scams and back in the eighties I didn't think anyone could be worse than the tower of horse abuse and financial fraud that was the Arabian Horse Association and The Race Tracks
The AQHA has them beat though because they breed horses for slaughter they have made that more than clear

remember Bill Brewer? Former AQHA Pres and Slaughter apologist on behalf of and speaking for the AQHA?Famous on every horse advocacy website on the web as the guy who promotes horse slaughter so he can breed more horses?

Bill Brewer Named to AAEP Board of Directors billbrewer Bill Brewer The American Association of Equine Practitioners welcomed Bill Brewer, former head of the American Quarter Horse Association, to the AAEP board of directors at the 55th Annual Convention in Las Vegas, Nev. He will serve as the equine industry board member. Brewer, of Amarillo, Texas, served as executive vice president of the American Quarter Horse Association from 1992 until his retirement in March 2009. Brewer worked with the AQHA’s five-member executive committee to coordinate the activities of the world’s largest breed registry and equine organization. He oversaw the more than 300 employees at AQHA and the adjacent American Quarter Horse Foundation, which underwent renovation in 2007. Brewer is past chairman of the American Horse Council’s Horse Show Advisory Committee and currently serves as an AHC Trustee. In 1995 Brewer, an animal science graduate from Oklahoma State University, received the university’s Animal Science Distinguished Graduate honor. In 1999 he was one of two people selected as Texas 4-H Alumni of the Year and in 2003 he received the Livestock Publications Council Headliner of the Year Award. More recently The National Cowboy Symposium bestowed Brewer with a Special Recognition Award. As a youth, Brewer was a regular rodeo competitor, leading his career involvement with horses and livestock. In 2007 he was inducted into the Amarillo Tri-State Fair & Rodeo Hall of Fame. He enjoys riding American Quarter Horses, attending equine sporting events and playing golf in his spare time. The American Association of Equine Practitioners, headquartered in Lexington, Ky., was founded in 1954 as a non-profit organization dedicated to the health and welfare of the horse. Currently, the AAEP reaches more than 5 million horse owners through its nearly 10,000 members worldwide and is actively involved in ethics issues, practice management, research and continuing education in the equine veterinary profession and horse industry.

he's gonna be consulting on horse ethics issues ,like rounding up Mustangs and Horse Slaughter !

I'll bet I have a hundred articles like this saved to my computer ,but I'll put the ball in your court ,Find some of the new horse slaughter reinstatement bills and show me one case where the Legislator proposing it does not cite an AQHA member /expert in his supporting argument or show me an argument in favor of Rounding up and eliminating Mustangs that does not cite an AQHA member /expert in that supporting argument

I'll wait

My thesis here is that AQHA insinuates itself next to what it wants to destroy and they use Association money to lobby politicians for horse slaughter,yes they do , it's in their magazine

also I know that there are a lot of well intentioned Quarter Horse owners who don't for whatever reason know about this or haven't connected the dots,that's what I'm doing here . Not everyone can stand up to these guys they play hardball they are very well connected .

Just show me me how my facts are wrong ,if you are an involved AQHA member then you know I'm telling the truth if you are just a happy owner of a Quarter Horse and you are a nice person who loves horses and people then you have decisions to make.

I'm just telling it like it is if it was some other way I'd tell that

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by saabster5

you are correct I have always lived in the city with my horses but that is going by the wayside, the suburban horse owner is part of the past

replaced by apartments that occupy whole city blocks and there was a time not to long ago when Americans knew about horses and cattle but most of us today only see these animals on TV or when driving somewhere they pass a pasture with them in it

all is not lost though there is a recent urban farming movement that just seems to get more traction everyday ,and they promote having small livestock in the city. I did it ! two years ago before I moved I lived smack in the middle of a major Metropolitan Area and I had sheep and chickens and my neighbors had Horse there were thousands of horses in my neighborhood!
My neighbors had everything! gardens cows poultry sheep goats you name it

it had to do with us being an unincorporated township even though we were entirely surrounded by the Major city

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
oh sweet mother mercy i forgot about the deafness

I wonder what a good reason to cull would be in the quarter horse world?

it isn't HERDA or HYPP or congenital DEAFNESS
ACTUALLY it's a matter of pride Gunners owner is disappointed if Gunner sires a hearing foal

The Gunners are often unmistakable for their distinctive markings, laid-back attitude and tremendous athletic ability that pays off big in the show pen. According to Equi-Stat records, the stallion has sired earners of $1,034,496. In October, the NRHA recognized him as a million-dollar sire. With more Gunner-sired horses entering the show pen every day, there’s no doubt his stock as a sire will continue to rise – whether his offspring can hear or not. To some, like Rohus, the Gunner-bred horses are practically priceless. Every time he sees a new baby with a white face and blue eyes, it raises his hopes. “I breed for them, and every time I get one it’s just a blessing,” Rohus said. “I think, ‘Man, there’s another special one.’ ”

Quarter Horse News

Official Time at Perfect Horse Auctions is Jul 12th, 2010 05:55:14 pm PDT Refresh North Central RHA Sire & Dam Auction 2010 Dec 15, 2009 - Jan 16, 2010 Buy Now! Remaining Stallion Breedings Available for Immediate Purchase Colonels Smoking Gun Closed (Entry #: 261) - Stallion Services Auction Auction Info Bidding Opens: 15 Dec-6:00 am PDT Listing Ends: * 16 Jan-12:00 pm PDT Time Remaining: High Bidder: smokem # of Bids: 15 bid history Starting Bid: $ 500.00 USD Current High Bid: $ 6,500.00 USD See Seller's Terms Below View All Photos Gunner 1993 Sorrel Stallion LTE $177,670 - AQHA/APHA About This Horse Horse Name Colonels Smoking Gun Gender Stallion Breed Quarter Horse Regular 2010 Fee for this Stallion $8,500 Shipped Semen? Available Frozen Shipped Semen? Available Shipped Semen $280 Counter to Counter $280 Booking Fee $1000 Mare Care $15-$20 Other Charges $500 frozen semen Registration # 44726/271197 Color sorrel Height 14.2 Date Foaled 1993 Performance Record $177,669;1996 APHA World Show 3 YO Reining Champion; 1996 NRHA Fut 3YO OP Rsrv Champ; 1998 NRBC 4 &amp;amp;amp; 5 YO OP Co-Rsrv Champ; 1998 Carolina Classic Derby 4 &amp;amp;amp; 5 YO OP Co Rsrv Champ; 2001 USEF Reining Championships OP Champ; Sire of offspring with earnings in excess of $1,000,000. . Notes This charismatic stallion with the distinctive markings won the 2001 USET Reining Championship. From the prelims through the Finals, he was unbeaten and untied. He won the USET Semi-Finals in 2002. He was honored as the USET Breyer Horse in 2002. Gunner was inducted into the NRHA Hall of Fame in 2003. Produce Record Offspring earnings of $1,357,681 . Location of Horse:

some people think breeding sound healthy horses is the mark of a good breeder ,those people are idiots, I guess

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ..5..
You know, maybe you know about QHs and other domestic breeds, but spouting the ignorant lies that breed associations like the AQHA get people to believe so people will buy their horses instead of adopt Mustangs tells me all I need to know about your 'knowledge' of Mustangs. They may be short but 99% of them are NOT 'thin chested', and if roman noses are a fault, especially in the Spanish-type mustangs like the Kiger above, then you must hate Lipizzaners, Andalusians, and Lusitanos, too. They're easy keepers, have extremely thick, hard hooves, and very few genetic and health problems. Unlike QHs and just about every other domestic breed. One example was the very expensive QH who was boarded two stalls down from him who was completely useless half the time because of allergies and other multiple health problems.

Personally, I am doing what I can for mustangs - including having previously adopted one, the picture of which is my avatar - despite being poor now and unable to have one of my own. Before I got him I rented a QH/TB cross for Pony Club then went on to a short career with TB racehorses, along with a smattering of other horses of other breeds, and after taming and training my Mustang myself...I sure as hell would choose Mustangs above any other breed. They're not idiots or boring pushbuttons, and bond to you so much stronger than domestic horses do that its a singularly amazing experience.

--Zhora

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

on this site there are several beautiful old stallions that are for SALE not part of the regular adoption pipline by one or two and BREED them !

You've got to be joking?

That's the LAST THING America and it's horses (in general) needs.

ANOTHER BACKYARD BREEDER...

Holy *bleep* I can't believe I read that - and coming from someone who says they 'love' horses.

Try a handy dandy search on the internet of how many 'backyard' horses end up going for slaughter.

Enough said.

And hey, I've no problem with horse slaughter, if done correctly.
But to complain about problems with breeding animals, overpopulation, Mustang problems, etc, and then to out of the other side of your mouth tell someone to start breeding horses?

I dunno how you can do it.

ugh

peace

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Relax Silo I don't have a horse and when I didI wouldn't breed no matter what
the reason I advocating breeding Mustangs now is because they are being wiped out. They have the genetic advantage over most horse breeds and they make excellent crosses with almost all other breeds

mostly I'm just pointing out the shoddy breeding practices of the AQHA

and the purpose for which they flood thee market with their sickly animals the example that Zhora gave about the Quarter Horse at the stable she boarded at is pretty typical of my experience with quarter horse

I never wanted one because all the ones I knew had something wrong with them navicular mostly and founder that and the fact that they're no damn fun to ride ,they always make me feel like I'm falling off of them it was a joke to everyone that Quarter horses have a trot like a square wheeled pickup

I 've seen plenty that were born lame not that they exhibited it when babies but the minute they get into training they break down and then it's therapeutic shoes special diets medication all of which is super expensive

I could never understand the arrogance of Quarter Horse owners dissing my healthy functional horses while having endless discussions about how much money they spend just trying to keep their hideous freaks alive, Plus the fact that my horses could all run circles around them all day they have no endurance at all

So back to the Mustangs think about it ,all the Mustangs we have in captivity right now have all run at a full gallop for 30 or 40 miles over rough terrain with no shoes and LIVED!!! I'd breed them because of that alone!

try that with a Quarter horse,,I know for a fact that that would kill every Quarter horse in existence

Mustangs are a invaluable genetic resource for our horses the backyard breeder is not the problem(although everyone should think before they breed) when we have a breed registry pumping out horse at twice what their public statements say the market wants that's quarter horses alone

and I sure as hell don't think people with good horses should stop breeding them because AQHA overbreeds,what I think is AQHA needs to be exposed for the horse hating organization that it is

I don't know what horse slaughter done correctly would be, but I know if AQHA is in charge of it it won't be, so I don't know what qualifying being pro slaughter like that even means

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join