It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth is actually a Sun (Maybe? Perhaps?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Whilst I appreciate not everyone here will have yet studied basic geology at school, it would be an idea for you all to make use of the internet and find out what the Earth actually consists of before making up wild, fantastical ideas

You might as well start here:

en.wikipedia.org...

www.moorlandschool.co.uk...

(the earth isn't really a scotch egg
)

More info:

paleogeology.blogspot.com...

And a bit more detailed:

quake.mit.edu...

See also:

www.sciencedaily.com...

Back to the OP: even assuming that some oil is abiotic in origin, and there is much more in the crust than we currently suspect, it cannot combust until it reaches the surface. It requires free oxygen - which is found only in the atmosphere.

There is, however, a theory that the Earth's core might not be solid nickel and iron but could instead be a massive nuclear fission reactor:

www.spacedaily.com...

Which I suppose, if true, would in a way make the centre of the Earth a minature sun! When the reactor stops, Earth dies - like Mars we would lose our magnetic field, be subject to cosmic rays and eventually see much of our atmosphere stripped away by the solar wind. This - assuming the reactor theory were correct - could happen in just a few billion years time!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

No need to read less informed people clouding your opinions? If your opinion could be clouded by the opinion of others, then maybe you shouldn't read anything.

Based on that, why should anyone else read your opinion?

(to stay on topic) My opinion is simple, perhaps there are combustibles under the surface. It may someday burn like the sun. I thought it was interesting where one member said that the earth MAY HAVE already burned like the sun...(to stay on topic)

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Thank you for all of the informing links.

I also thought that your conclusion sounded pretty interesting.

EVERYONE:
Thanks for entertaining my thoughts. Even the one having a laugh over my chosen image.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
I could be totally wrong here.

Hmmm Lets just leave it there, shall we??

Korg.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Is it possible that some planets are old stars? Cooled down, shrunk and snowballing through the void picking up stuff. I mean, how did the core of the earth get so hot?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Is it possible that some planets are old stars? Cooled down, shrunk and snowballing through the void picking up stuff. I mean, how did the core of the earth get so hot?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam Vimes

Some large gas planet may be failed stars - they didn't manage to acquire enough mass for fusion to occur.

There are three main sources of heat in the deep earth: (1) heat from when the planet formed and accreted, which has not yet been lost; (2) frictional heating, caused by denser core material sinking to the center of the planet; and (3) heat from the decay of radioactive elements.

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

No..................Uh-uh.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hey Astrogolf, you're fairly new on ATS, but one-liners like that are frowned upon. Always better to elaborate a bit on why you think something is wrong (or right)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join