ACTA document leaked - The end of ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
The real problem lies in the fact that ISPs and the like will no longer HOST ANY OF THE INFORMATION WE WANT ONLINE!! So you may be able to get back online but what's the point when all providers are too scared of being put out of business to host sites like ATS or say Alex Jones site (just used as an extreme anti main stream example)?

You may be able to get yourself back online but all the important non propaganda information and sites will be gone! The internet will be sterilized propaganda and nothing more!

This statement confuses me. ISP's do not provide web hosting (well ok yes some do) but websites like ATS use hosting services which are different to ISP's. As far as i can see the document talks about ISP's, those are the people who provide your internet connection, blocking certain websites. It's the same thing China does and it doesn't work. The simple fact is there are ways around it. TOR is a classic way (of course TOR has security issues) and then there are encrypted VPN services.

Then of course various countries which don't agree to this will provide web hosting for such websites and make a lot of money from doing so. The only action the UN could then take is to remove such websites from the DNS servers, which would be a rather big undertaking and would cause a lot of people to be very angry.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hentaiboy22
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

The goal they are trying to reach is unrealistic and probably won't be accomplished all at once. Take away one peice at a time until its all gone? I don't know but I don't think they are going to "Web Shock" us that easily

I think this is correct, trying to take it away all at once wouldn't be possible and the public would be aware of it. Chip away a little at a time and maybe you can really restrict it, with each generation unaware of the freedoms the previous had.

However there will always be those who will find ways around the system. I imagine such people as freedom fighters in the truest sense of the word. Maybe this whould be thought of as guerilla combat only for the information age

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Interesting Idea

It wouldn't be that hard to do, I got a few TB worth of stuff also

[edit on 8-7-2010 by hentaiboy22]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
People are so predictable its almost too funny to laugh at. Naturally there going to throw this into the internet buzz and get everyone hyped up and begin some form of online petition, as it always happens.

I guess it hasn't crossed your or perhaps afew people's mind is that its exactly what they want to do. But its not about restricting your internet surfing, well at first it may see as so, but its required in order to bring into the forefront of assembling some for of legislation. But the final goal is to be able to apply a tax on your internet activity. Yes, that's correct a tax system. Once again and as always, its money that makes the world go round, not some hypothetical ideological assumption that the internet is free.

Allow them free access for several decades then impose a tax. Similar to how drug addicts are currently the financial fuel for cartels. Simplicity at its best.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I don't know if any one has posted this on the thread yet, but hear is a link to the document in its current form.

My signature should reasonably well state my feelings on this becoming law.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Wow that never even crossed my mind. Makes a lot of sense, but at the same time it would seem hard to tax the internet usage, how can that be calculated? Especially with people leaching off of others with free Wifi spots and I would imagine places like starbucks would get rid of it all together

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Why does this mean the end of ATS? What copyrighted material is here? Am I missing the connection between pirate sites and ATS somehow?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
maybe we will not allow fiber optic cables to run through our towns and cities. If they implement this strike back in their cash pockets- Halt all fiber optics, turn your computers off. hit them where it hurts most-pocket books!! In other words get courrage-free information and speach for all oor NONE!!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
There's too much info shared online that is exposing the true world for what it is... A Prison Planet... but enough people are now waking up and seeing this...

The internet has been our saviour and we need to fight for it... for they'll have more control if they shut if down and stop us from sharing info on the world....

We must remain free...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
free information is changing the world in way TPTB don't like

F*&^ 'EM this will not work, they have shot themselves in the foot

flagged starred all links in operational mode

count me in

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Control, control, control! It's all about control folks! And the internet, this vast network of information and entertainment, is not completely under the control of the world's movers and shakers. They control the money, the jobs, the economy, the wars, etc. They do not control all of the information. This is a necessity on the path to reigning in that control. So it should come as a surprise to no one who has wised up to the reality of how our world is run.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I have 48 links up for google trend, and counting this # is NOT happing

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ApacheChief
I am an admitted pirate, I have felt for a long while that if you can get it online for free then good on you. Down with ACTA and corporate cronies.

Why pirate? Get Netflix for $9/mo. (includes streaming movies and also DVD's to your mail at same time - no late fees either) or watch current TV episodes on Hulu for free. Help the companies out that offers services at a discount. That will move the market toward a cheaper price, and will satisfy needs for cheap entertainment. For music get Pandora app for your smartphone or an app like it. The music is free.

Pirating costs you in bandwidth services which is something. So why not work wthin the system and help us all change things.

Just a friendly suggestion.

I do not believe any system can stay centralized. It always gets too big to stay under control. Life is full of diversity for a reason. Infinite diversity is stronger than everything that is the same. Hence lifeforms are different and when one form of life dies out, all life does not die out. Overlord control of the web can not sustain itself in the long run. Social websites are sometime being used to track and potentially control us. Facebook, MySpace, heck maybe even ATS is monitored or run by the CIA.

Think about it. The CIA can just have a post started here and the ATS members will do their work for them by searching the web to answer a question or maybe they watch for timely topics posted by members as a way for them to keep watch over the web and us. This would work on any social site. However, as effecient as that sounds, it still will not be enough.

If TPTB super control the web, it will cease to create business and sales because people will become fearful of using it. In essence the web will end and people wil seek out a new form of communication free of the choking controls.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by thepixelpusher]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Thats effin fantastic.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
the point so mnay of you seem to be missing is not the users being blocked but content being bloacked it is very simple to create a filter that blocks all content on a blacklist . there are many countries that do so now. the people do not even realize it, they seacrh and it simply does not show up there will be no popups saying this content is blocked it will simply not be there.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well- good luck, to any FEDGOV thug, who enters MY HOME. I'll make pig-chow, out of them!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ancrom

Great point.
Hadn't considered that. Might be happening already.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by thepixelpusher]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join