It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACTA document leaked - The end of ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hrm. Alarming stuff really, assuming any of it is true.

Assuming so, it doesn't surprise me in the least. They can't kill people like Julian Assange outright, but they can draft legislation that beats him to the policy reform punch.

If true, this is simply another way to legalize tyranny.

I can feel it in my bones that the individuals in power can't wait until the day they're able to legally discard the 1st amendment.

Governments can't stand it when their people are free to speak openly, as history has shown repeatedly. I'm betting that if every country could physically get away with it via their peoples, every nation's information sources would be as stringently filtered and monitored as North Korea's.

Lately though, I really honestly don't know what the powers that be are so worried about though - if we haven't rioted by now...we never will. Since they don't care about the law in the first place, I'm curious as to why they just haven't swooped in and just done it.

Like we're gonna do anything about it.

We'll just sit here...and take it...and take it...and take it...until there's nothing left to take. I haven't touched a gun in my life, what the hell am I gonna do?

Change it by voting?

/stop the planet, I want to get off now please.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by guavas]

[edit on 8-7-2010 by guavas]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
wouldn't it be freaking hilarious if a team of people made internet 2.0 after this was passed and the inverters were like "hey government, f*** you!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Internet2, demolishing of network neutrality etc...

...Will never stop offline meetings of physical people trading data at local USB External Hard drive conventions - aka L.A.N. parties!

I know I have nearly 2 TB of stuff, I am sure someone else does, if we all got together we would not need to download anything that ever existed previous to the Internet change over as someone has it right now somewhere.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
They might be able to kill the internet, but I doubt they will be able to do anything about the thing that takes its place.

The technology and its availability has advanced to the point where the thing would be damn near impossible to kill after it had been reincarnated. It would probably have too many redundancies and be far too resilient.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hi everyone! Obstacles will always be created. We the people, must find alternative solutions to maintain informed and also take this flow of information one step further. We must start organising immediately into groups or rather cells of comunication based by city, country and continent. Enlightenment must be shared and spead.

I live in Brazil... can start a cell here... We need ideas and brainstorming to structure against such wicked and evil control for just material means.

This I feel from my soul.... it is time for action in a passive and constructive way where our strengths can be unified into one human consciousness.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
How's it different from earlier Patriot Act attempts to monitor all things internet? Remember Echelon? NSA wire taps monitoring all the web? I'd like to know what they're smoking if they think they can shut down the web, it's become part of the economy, a BIG part.

Use a VPN or secure tunnel, encrypt all your traffic and a port router to mask what type of traffic your sending/receiving. ISPs generally recognize all traffic on port 21 as being HTTP, port 25 for Email, etc, etc. If all your traffic is encrypted and routed through, say, port 58,134 they won't know what type of traffic it is, and if it's encrypted, won't know what you're doing. Then again, LE has some scary invasive tools at their disposal...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
lol

the best flow of the information is an anonymous one ... thats the future

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It is normal for gouvernments to stop the media of leaking info, ATS is one of them i guess

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hentaiboy22

If you think they want to search and copy your hard drive to look for pirated movies, you're living in a dream world. The correlation between piracy and nominally diminished profits for huge entertainment/media conglomerates is complete bunk, and anyone with power knows this.

Likewise, determining if material is truly pirated can be a gray area that will hurl the prosecuting governments into courtroom limbo for years on every single charge if the pirates in question are smart about formatting.

This is about feeding as much data into The Beast as possible. More and more data on every single citizen is what they need to track, profile and "predict" the moves of the population. Laptops are dangerous to TPTB because plenty of people are smart enough to keep their personal files on isolated non-internet machines. This loophole will help them scoop up still more data.

Information is increasingly power. Imaging a computer built out of retired missile silos. Imagine one or two silos filled with quintillions of terabytes of hard drive capacity. Picture the other one lined top to bottom with tens of thousands of integrated processors each one 5x more powerful than the best CPUs currently on the market.

This is what they are feeding. They are tracking trends, calculating the zeitgeist and deciding how to move forward. They get closer and closer each year to quanitifying their only remaining enemy: chaos. Off line information (potentially stored in isolated lap tops) is one of their most reviled blind spots.

Heck most of the better torrent and pirate sites are fronts for TPTB to build up this "threat" so that they could more readily access the PC's of the "pirates" and access other people's info as a pleasant side effect.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by RobertAntonWeishaupt]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Not to diminish this threads point. But, we will start a new internet.
The first internet, wasn't even ment for us to have in the first place. The only reason we ever saw it, was error on TPTB's side.

So to those in control, please, I beg you, shut the internet down. Let's see how fast the new net pops up, and then you can use your muscles on that one too. Ha... ha...

Roses can grow from concrete. Just a thought...

Joe

[edit on 8/7/10 by JoeSignal]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
People, we, as freedom fighters and truth seekers must have other tools to counter the tools and ways of the oppressors.

That being said, lets look at how police and governments go after people who do not "behave" online.

It all boils down to your IP address. If you want to see the AMOUNT of INFORMATION that your computer leaks, you can do so here:

www.irongeek.com...

Scary, ain't it???

The government / police when going after a person online first must find that person's IP address which is quite easy to do.

Even here at ATS, I am sure that their traffic logs show every single IP address that connects to their server. This means yours, mines and even the spooks who come here leave behind their IP address.

To counter that, you must use a "different" IP address than what you are actually connected with.

There are many ways to do this

1. You can use a service that RENTS IP addresses like:

www.iprental.com...

2. You can use anonymous IP addresses via PROXIES & VPNs as shown here:

www.zend2.com...
www.hidemyass.com...

3. You can HACK A CABLE MODEM
(which will be a cable modem which is not attached in any way to you & you can surf from your home WHILE the IP address shown is from MILES away from you)

(Cable modem hacking you must research on your own)

4. EVERY SINGLE piece of electronic equipment has a MAC address which is supposed to be hard coded. You computer, cell phone, blue tooth and even Ipod has a MAC address that is supposed to be unchangeable.

The MAC address shows that "this computer WITHOUT A DOUBT connected to this website"

Which is how "they" convict you...

For plausible deniability, you can use a dynamic MAC address changer like MADMACS available free here

www.irongeek.com.../madmacs-mac-spoofer

From their website:

MadMACs was designed with the privacy paranoid in mind. The two main things a DHCP server
records when you get an IP from it is your host name and the MAC address of the network card you are connecting from. This is identifying information that not all users want to leave behind. MadMACs allows you to randomize this information after it runs and after every reboot.

In conclusion, LEARN how to counter what they do if you want to keep you and your family safe AND be online posting truths!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
all this talk of internet control!

it sounds like its going to happen, archive your files and websites before it happens! hurry

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
We all knew that this was a possibility. But censoring the internet will only lead people to either A) find a way around it, but it would cut down on the number of people able to access all of the internet OR B) cause many people to move to the hills and become more likely to start resistance movements OR C) many will give all of their information to their neighbors, and information will spread even faster than before, which would mean that it just backfired on TPTB.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well if it stops people from watching stupid comedies that have illegitimate pltlines or reasonings behind them, and people downloading mind-numbing rap/hip-hop music then i'm all for it.

So a few people won't be able to listen to the newest 50 cent album or sexualisation comedy movie. boo hoo.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well...here's whats up. All you techies out there post some things on how to avoid this...when it happens. Cause it will happen. TPTB know we have connected through out the world and are becoming awake to the lies fed for 1000's of years of crap.

Really everyeone should think the Universe for alowing us the opprotunity to connect, research, and relearn who we are and what our past is all about...the internet really is one massive collective conciousness...anything and everything that exists in the form of ideas, concepts, or possibilities can be found on the internet.

...the world wide web of human contribution. I am at a loss for words at how important this has been for me because I can actually see for myself the possibilities which do exist...and before they were just ideas or dreams...one mouse click away from discovering more about who I am and why I am here...to solve to ultimate puzzle.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hentaiboy22

My simple issue is about the fact you will be struck off the net if you are accused. Where is the justice system? How is that legal? Innocent until proven guilty seems to have disappeared.

It's a handy way of silencing people.

I say good luck with this UN/EU, the white hats will try and inform the public and of course they will fail as the public is simply ignorant, the black hats will band together and after circumventing your systems for a while, you will no doubt introduce some really harsh laws that will just annoy us to much. On that day the black hats will wreck every system you value.

You think your systems are secure? Lol oh dear.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow
Question: Would an IP blocker get you past this nonsense? It seems to me that it would. IP blockers are as cheap as $15 a year, well worth it to me.......

See in response to what you have written above, yes perhaps an IP blocker can get you a "user" back onto the net if they ban you for example. But that's not the real problem you see.

The real problem lies in the fact that ISPs and the like will no longer HOST ANY OF THE INFORMATION WE WANT ONLINE!! So you may be able to get back online but what's the point when all providers are too scared of being put out of business to host sites like ATS or say Alex Jones site (just used as an extreme anti main stream example)?

You may be able to get yourself back online but all the important non propaganda information and sites will be gone! The internet will be sterilized propaganda and nothing more!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I checked the links, they work.

Are the links working on your end? If not I can provide them to you again

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

The goal they are trying to reach is unrealistic and probably won't be accomplished all at once. Take away one peice at a time until its all gone? I don't know but I don't think they are going to "Web Shock" us that easily

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
eventually there will be no customers for the ISP's because everyone will be banned from accessing the net.
Then they will all be screwed... i suspect a huge increase in demand for VPS's might be a nice time to make some cash

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join