It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACTA document leaked - The end of ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
A new treaty between US, EU, and other parts of the world will come into effect soon that will hold your ISP responsible for what you upload/download, or even view online. Your ISP CANNOT monitor your actions, se instead they will just block all sites with any copyright material. Goodbye 4chan, youtube, flicker, blog sites and legal torrent sites will be denied. If you are even accused of downloading/uploading copyright material three times, your internet will be CUT OFF permanently; no questions, no appeal, customer screwed.

Not bad enough? On top of this, governments are attempting to legalize the random search, copying, and seizure of computers and other devices that hold digital data when a person brings them to an airport. They want to take our laptops with out provocation or reason, to copy search them, and copy your entire hard drive in an attempt to find pirated material.

Here is the link to the ACTA agreement which has been recently leaked :thepiratebay.org...

and a link to the youtube video if it didn't work : www.youtube.com...

PLAN OF ACTION:

1. Gain media attention by writing emails to journalists and news reporters. Link below for msn news:
www.msnbc.msn.com... tell them how you are concerned with the ACTA agreement, and how you will not stand for it - I’m sure you can think of reasons why you don’t want this treaty to come into effect. Feel free to write to other news groups, and check on the forum for list of journalist emails: viewforum.php?f=51

2. Contact youtubers (once most likely to talk about this) and encourage them to talk about ACTA (this affects them too). Information on selected youtubers are at the forum: index.php

3. Hand out flyers.

4. Appear on Google trends. Simply paste the link below into your browser (using firefox here) and just leave it open. The link will run automatically to work its way up on Google trends. Just leave it open as often as possible.
acta.us.to...

5. We must spread awareness first before taking major action, but you all know what this will come to: PROTESTS. We also have a plan b, just in case the treaty is enforced; but if it comes to that it may be too late.

The above is subject to change, and will be added to when needed.
Join us on the Anti-ACTA forum for more information: viewforum.php?f=51

Or join us on: n0v4.com... for live chat.

Petition

www.stopp-acta.info... ... tml?190,94

[edit on 8-7-2010 by hentaiboy22]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Good luck trying to police the near infinite amount of VPS out there in nations where our laws do not apply.

EVEN A CHINAMAN CAN DOWNLOAD MOVIES

if he knows what he's doing, the internet is impossible to police. Why not take a stroll through TORPARK?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

MOD EDIT: post removal due to references to illegal activities

[edit on Fri Jul 9 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
THIS IS SERIOUS PEOPLE

They're trying to seperate us again!

THE TOWER OF BABEL!

and this post is note a joke....... this is whats happening, they're coming down and seperating us once again!

[edit on 7-7-2010 by SwissPort905v2]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Yes I agree, this is seriously becoming a problem and I am trying to make people aware of this issue for reasons like that

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ApacheChief

All I can state is copyright infringement laws do not work for the little people. It is all BS. The big company can just appeal the courts as many times as they can until the little guy gives in especially when he no longer can afford the lawyer. Then he basically will get nothing in the end for his hard work and pay his unpaid lawyer bills.

MOD EDIT: part of post removal due to references to illegal activities

[edit on Fri Jul 9 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
These idiots are going to police themselves out of business.

Why would you even maintain an internet connection if they get crap like this passed, it would be a huge waste of money.

Not to mention this basically puts all small artists out of business. The people that come up with this crap are too dumb to live, they are the real useless eaters.

If I was forced to listen to mainstream pop crap, and watch only msm I'd just do without and live in the woods or something. Flagged.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by hentaiboy22

Oh, I guess now the New World Order realized they made a very large mistake by giving us the Internet? So now they mean to police it? How about cell phones with video capability? Now we can easily record when a fascist police officer harasses you on the road. I would bet Microsoft is behind this somehow, they are so secretive about their source code, and heavily license their product, Genuine Product Code better be in place! Then we have enterprising people who buy Windows, reduce it to an iso, extract that, take out things and alter the code, upload that to Pirate Bay, torrentfinder, and many other file sharing sites, and anyone can then download the iso and install in in any computer, fully activated, service packs already there, updates install easily, and you have a free, legal copy of Windows that does not take a snapshot of your hardware and send it to Microsoft.
Same with someone who goes to a concert and recored music video on their cell, then uploads that you youtube. Is that stealing? Not in my mind, why not just ban cells from the concert hall? And Microsoft needs to come down off their high horse, hackers have already cracked Windows 8, and it hasn't even been officially released yet.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
First of thanks for posting this OP. Most people don't realize it yet but this is one of the most important battles we are fscing right now! If we lose this and they enact ACTA we are gonna lose the free and open internet.

I know somebody else said above that there is no way they could stop us but he is incorrect! With this treaty in effect they can easily stop us because any person, operator, or service providor that is merely accused of copyright infringement three times is permanently removed from the net! No appeal no way back on! That means anybody who either writes truthful anti establishment info, allows it to be put up, or supplies internet service to will very quickly removed from the internet and fast!

I'm sorry but no matter what you think everybody on the internet has to get on here through a service providor. Those providors aren't gonna let people who speak out against the government anywhere near their services becaiuse they can lose their internet rights!

It's not only a real threat to everyone, it's a really big threat! It's the end of the free internet! All that will be left is a censored, shell of it's former self. full of the likes of the CNNs and MSNs of the world with no independant thought. All propaganda! So we must all do our best to stop ACTA!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Question: Would an IP blocker get you past this nonsense? It seems to me that it would. IP blockers are as cheap as $15 a year, well worth it to me.......

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This is seriously depressing. They know the internet is the last frontier of freedom. If ONE stab at the internet is taken, it will be so easy to take the 2nd and third until the internet is dead.

Imagine the internet with less than a thousand sites, none of which interesting or useful.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Time to set up a new internet. I know there are loads of local ones, but you'd need a satelile up in the air to do it properly. Surely there's a billionaire who wants to make themselves evern richer out there somewhere. Maybe if all the local "darknets" slowly grouped themselves together, we could have our own web.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
It's only a matter of time before ATS will be shut down.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hentaiboy22

Yea. Sure. Police over a billion internet people with near infinite levels of information flow.

They're either retarded or want a revolution from us.

Good luck building the supercomputers needed to monitor all that.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
here is a direct link to the document
www.liamuk.co.cc...

and transcript
werebuild.eu...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I know somebody else said above that there is no way they could stop us but he is incorrect! With this treaty in effect they can easily stop us because any person, operator, or service providor that is merely accused of copyright infringement three times is permanently removed from the net! No appeal no way back on

Open a new account with another ISP, or have a family member, girlfriend whatever open an account. Failing that im pretty sure one of your mates would allow you to connect to his network.

Buy a completely anonymous pay as you go phone with an internet pre installed on it. Use that as a router. Use open wifi's, if you cant, crack someone elses, takes 5 minutes.

Question: Would an IP blocker get you past this nonsense? It seems to me that it would. IP blockers are as cheap as $15 a year, well worth it to me.......

Simply put, no.

Its been suggested a few times on a couple of similar threads, but i think pretty soon we will be seeing privatised internets showing up, thats really the only way to regulate the internet. Would you like a Micrsoft, Apple or Google internet?

Then of course there will always be the back roads on the internet if you really want your freedom but dont mind the highwaymen.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
And how long befor the illegal internet connection springs into being?Internet speakeasys anyone?

Like the free to air recievers that get satelite tv out of the air for a one time purchase price and download the codes from the net?
This WILL create an overnight high tech hack that will be available to ease the situation
...and if not, why, dont worry there is the option of mechanically assisted telepathy comming up in the near future too....
What can they do with that mess?

The technology that is comming down the pike will be used against the ptb to good advantage, and we have the bonus of having more brain power than the nogs....

The revolution thats comming is gonna be a SPIRITUAL one...
how can they fight that or imprison it?(Like the man said,"my kingdom is not of this earth.")not that im rabidly christian....its just that if the inner being is changed, the outer will apear and act differently automatically....
How they gonna take yer soul?or make it anything other than it already is and always was?
Dont fret it in the long run, everything they do to sheeparate us and manipulate us will instantly have many counteractive strategies to deal with it because the whole thing is absolutely out of their control too!
The next level of awareness is comming upon us unbidden and even unwanted by many...those that refuse it will perish...it is unstoppable and it is already in motion.
This internet suspension scheme sounds very mark of the beast like when coupled with other technolgies dont you think?(RFID,MK ULTRA)

[edit on 8-7-2010 by stirling]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
And how long befor the illegal internet connection springs into being?Internet speakeasys anyone?

Like the free to air recievers that get satelite tv out of the air for a one time purchase price and download the codes from the net?This WILL create an overnight high tech hack that will be available to ease the situation...and if not, why, dont worry there is the option of mechanically assisted telepathy comming up in the near future too....
What can they do with that mess?
The technology that is comming down the pike will be used against the ptb to good advantage, and we have the bonus of having more brain power than the nogs....
The revolution thats comming is gonna be a SPIRITUAL one...
how caan they fight that or imprison it?
How they gonna take yer soul?or make it anything other than it already is and always was?
Dont fret it in the long run, everything they do to seeparate us aand manipulate us will instaantly have many counteractive startegies to deal with it because the whole thing is absolutely out of their control too!
The next level of awareness is comming upon us unbidden and even unwanted by many...those that refuse it will perish...it is unstoppable and it is already in motion.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Usenet with VyprVPN and SSL encryption will hold them at bay.

If your sharing your bandwidth for warez then you deserve to be fined.

LEECH THE WORLD!!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
all your links are broken

fix that

wheres the document?

I did a quick research and apparently this was leaked 3 months ago ...

video is from 2009

so how is the subject nowadays?

[edit on 8/7/10 by Faiol]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join