THIS is legal? Totally disgusting!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

A dildo could also be a "prop" used in a piece of performance art. A cucumber could be a girls best friend. Freedom isn't always black-and-white. There is a lot of gray in there and instead of rejecting it, laugh at it.

People in this thread have expressed reactions of humor, anger, indifference, legal curiosity, etc. Now why do you think that is? It's because we are FREE. You can be angry if it makes you feel better. Me? Life makes much more sense and is more enjoyable if you stay away from anger.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Sexually intended or not, the Police could have at the very least charged him with Brandishing, maybe brandishing a dildoly weapon.

Seriously though all though i have to legally side with the legal response, this act is alot closer to criminal than legal in my opinion anyway.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

A dildo could also be a "prop" used in a piece of performance art. A cucumber could be a girls best friend. Freedom isn't always black-and-white. There is a lot of gray in there and instead of rejecting it, laugh at it.

Sometimes the Grays are darker, sometimes they're lighter. Had he claimed that he was engaging in performance art, there would be a significantly different discussion occurring here. Had he been doing the same thing with a cucumber -- that is, jamming it in and out of his mouth without ever taking a bite -- the conversation would not be that much more different, though more of us would find it humorous to some degree.

Originally posted by g146541
a dildoly weapon.

.... Dildoly. .... I don't know how to feel about this.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Solasis]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I never expected so many people to come to this guy's defense.

The world either has more public perverts than I thought or a whole lotta trolls.

I'm just happy that they posted his pic in the article. Too bad they didn't mention the make & model of his vehicle so I could be aware of that, too.
I'm just happy he doesn't live in my neighborhood.

I also can't believe how many people think a dildo can be compared to anything else long & cylindrical.
When cucumbers are made of rubber, need batteries, & are sold in sex shops ~ I'm outta here!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

I never expected so many people to come to this guy's defense.

To be honest, I was quite surprised by that myself.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
I'm going to go ahead and say that an artificial phallus counts as an object in place of genitalia. And if you can't see that, I'm also going to go ahead and say that you're either a troll or an idiot.

Hey now, are you meaning to say that you could simply not understand the difference between "in place of" and "independent of"?

Cucumber held by hand at arms length --> independent of genitalia
Cucumber held by hand near groin so as to mimic an erection --> in place of genitalia

You see the magic thought yet? The object itself (shape, color, etc.) has NOTHING to do with the law. It's how the object is being portrayed in relationship to the body.

Apparently there is a judge out there who agrees with me. You, not so much.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
So as a parent in this situation you are faced with basically two choices.

1-Get upset, offended, over-react by
getting violent, getting loud, making a scene, or even calling the police and keeping your child in the situation while you wait for the cops to come and make an even bigger deal.

or

2-Say "sucking on some plastic thing, hunny. Buckle up."

Hmmmmmmm................................

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

People in this thread have expressed reactions of humor, anger, indifference, legal curiosity, etc. Now why do you think that is? It's because we are FREE. You can be angry if it makes you feel better. Me? Life makes much more sense and is more enjoyable if you stay away from anger.

You're being ridiculous now.

Yes, I'm angry that this sicko thinks it's just another day to get his best friend (probably only friend) out of his bedside drawer & go down to the store to play with it in front of people.
Not cool.
He's got several screws loose.

I hope the only people who are going to be laughing at him are the folks who work at the sex shop he frequents. I bet they are saying to themselves, "I knew he was a nutjob!"

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
theres crazy people everywhere, step out of your #en bubble and realize the only reason you heard of this was because of the internet.

"oh this world just sickens me. and it happens more and more everyday" ...no...weird # sells and gets website hits. that is the only reason why you heard of this. not because it is becoming more common, but because information is spread in an instant.

website hits, views w/e it all equals revenue. when a 12 part miniseries on the life of a flower makes more then a crazy story like this., then the world will change

i dont see a problem with it. the kid didntknow what he was doin, i would just say hes having trouble eating a popsicle. the kid will forget it happened in aboutttt 3 minutes. why get all freaked out and start raging...that'll just imprint it in your childs mind forever.

hence the reason why i dont yell # you / off or give someone the finger, i just make an unimpressed face and do a hand motion like a male masturbating.

cause the kids will have no idea what the hell i am doin, and if they ask their parents, well hes rolling dice.

just stupid parent who dont know how to cope with any situations. its not like he was trying to steal the child or was winking at the child. he was just getting off.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I'm going to go ahead and say that an artificial phallus counts as an object in place of genitalia. And if you can't see that, I'm also going to go ahead and say that you're either a troll or an idiot.

Hey now, are you meaning to say that you could simply not understand the difference between "in place of" and "independent of"?

Cucumber held by hand at arms length --> independent of genitalia
Cucumber held by hand near groin so as to mimic an erection --> in place of genitalia

You see the magic thought yet? The object itself (shape, color, etc.) has NOTHING to do with the law. It's how the object is being portrayed in relationship to the body.

Apparently there is a judge out there who agrees with me. You, not so much.

You are confusing "in place of" -- which means "as a substitute for" with "at the location of" -- which means what you said.

It is, indeed, to do with how the object is being portrayed in relationship to the body. He was shoving it into his mouth. Like. He. Was. Sucking. A. Penis.

There IS a judge who agrees with me. Who GAVE THIS MAN TWO YEARS OF PROBATION. If you had paid ANY attention to the topic that's at hand, you would know that he did this two years ago, and this was a court of APPEALS.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Ultimately, what is it that everyone is so worried about here?

Raise of hands how many times people here have ever seen a dude, in a car in a public place, putting a dildo in his mouth?

I count.....ZERO. That's why we don't need a law for this kind of stuff. Creating a law would protect NO ONE and only create yet ANOTHER way for police to arrest people for stupid reasons.

Because if anyone made a law to prevent this, the wording would include something like "...placing into one's mouth a dildo, or any object that could be interpreted to represent a phallus..."

That's when cops could start arresting men/woman for having a kazoo in their mouth, or whatever.

FREEDOM means taking the good with the bad, especially when the bad hardly ever happens.

I'm still waiting for a show of hands....

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
you know, people who act like this you just shake your head, tell them they are psycho, and then explain to your child some people are evil. if the guy is a true psycho, he will respond in a manner that is illegal if you tell him hes worthless.

just walk away.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

Good for you!

I'd just like you to know that I'm happy these people are getting a place in the news.
It's kinda important to me to know where these people are. Before I made an offer on my house, I checked to see if there were sexual offenders in the neighborhood I was wanting to move into. Happily, there weren't & there still isn't.
I'll applaud the day when sex offenders & predators have to wear identifying marks so we all know who they are.
Monsters can be confused with humans until then & my guard will remain up until then.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

It is, indeed, to do with how the object is being portrayed in relationship to the body. He was shoving it into his mouth.

Like. He. Was. Sucking. A. Penis.

Seems like a matter of mindset and perception.

Children routinely believe in Santa Claus. If mommy could not find something to tell here little girl that simple, convincing, and innocent then maybe mom needs a hand.

Or...maybe some people just have something in particular on their mind already?

[edit on 7-7-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I count.....ZERO. That's why we don't need a law for this kind of stuff. Creating a law would protect NO ONE and only create yet ANOTHER way for police to arrest people for stupid reasons.

Because if anyone made a law to prevent this, the wording would include something like "...placing into one's mouth a dildo, or any object that could be interpreted to represent a phallus..."

I don't think anybody's asking for a new law to be made up for this weirdo. What we are debating is that the appeal was successful. We don't think it should have been.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Ultimately, what is it that everyone is so worried about here?

Raise of hands how many times people here have ever seen a dude, in a car in a public place, putting a dildo in his mouth?

That's when cops could start arresting men/woman for having a kazoo in their mouth, or whatever.

FREEDOM means taking the good with the bad, especially when the bad hardly ever happens.

I'm still waiting for a show of hands....

You're right. No new laws for this sick effer. The judge should've made him register as a sex offender.
That would make me happy.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

It is, indeed, to do with how the object is being portrayed in relationship to the body. He was shoving it into his mouth.

Like. He. Was. Sucking. A. Penis.

Seems like a matter of mindset and perception.

Children routinely believe in Santa Claus. If mommy could not find something to tell here little girl that simple, convincing, and innocent then maybe mom needs a hand.

Or...maybe some people just have something in particular on their mind already?

Because she is totally shoving it into her mouth like she's sucking on a penis. She's going to bite off some of it, and swallow it. If that's how you think penises are sucked, I feel sorry for you, your male lovers, or both.

You're making random assumptions about what the guy was doing, when it is clearly stated that it was a dildo (that is, an artificial phallus) and that he was SUCKING ON IT LIKE HE WAS SUCKING ON A PENIS. For godsake, what do you think he was doing with it?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

If sexual offenders are monsters (which they are), why are we letting them out of jail? That has never made sense to me.

Why are murderers not put on a list similar to sexual offenders? Also boggles my mind.

I mean, are murderers magically "cured" of their tendency to murder after prison? Is someone who raped a woman never going to get over their urge to rape again, ever?

I wonder how much people would freak out if walking around downtown they could see just how many ex-convict murderers were just freely walking around nearby.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well, the good part is that the guy got his picture in the paper so everyone knows to watch out for him.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

A dildo is not a hot dog!!!!!!

How could you even post that picture?
The perv in the article probably sees oral sex in everything, but he chose to suck on a dildo.

I'm sorry that you can't identify with the facts & defend this creep's actions with your lame assessment.

I could cut my grass with a pair of scissors & it will get the job done, but not as well as a lawn mower.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join