THIS is legal? Totally disgusting!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Consider my soul searched. I don't think you're more offensive than Mr. Lowe, but I didn't advocate jailing or curbstomping you either.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Keep in mind this is the same country that just legalized "mild" female genital mutilation to protect the religious freedoms of African American immigrants.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinkbauble
Keep in mind this is the same country that just legalized "mild" female genital mutilation to protect the religious freedoms of African American immigrants.

We legalized penis mutilation for the Jews. What's the difference?

And @ the OP. Finally the truth comes out

You're applying negative situations that occurred to you to pass judgement against this man correlating his behavior against that of everyone who has done you wrong.

Luckily you will never be part of passing legislation.

Because you ignore the simple issue that you can not pass laws criminalizing immoral behavior that does not hurt anyone simply because you disagree with it.

That is the real basis if this entire thread.

I agree the world has gone south. I don't advocate his behavior. But I'm enough of an adult to objectively look at the situation. Whereas you refuse to.

No one has to carry out a dildo from a store in a black bag. That is the protect the privacy of the customer, not the public from viewing something they might disagree with.

And as much as you might like it to be for the sake of law. A dildo is not an actual penis. Therefor there's nothing lewd about it. Innuendos are just that, not an actual event or recreation.

Let's stretch this theory to a childs toy. You know the one where you put the square in the square hole, the tube in the round hole, etc...

Well to me that's more sexual than I would like children to be exposed to, because it embeds sexual motion and symmetry into the consciousness of a child.

But I'm adult enough to not advocate violence. Or scream that a plastic object is lewd. It's perception, not actual harm.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
While I agree that it is pretty disturbing, disgusting behavior. Making what he did illegal would be a case of laws going too far.

What it all boils down to is things like this need to be taken on a case by case basis

For example, what he did was clearly wrong and immoral, and he deserved to get punished for it, and get a good hiding if you ask me.

But you can't put a blanket ruling on this, for example, technically it's a case of whether or not sucking a dildo in public is illegal, which is crazy. What he did was illegal as he simulated a sexual act in front of a child, but in another instance, say a dancer at an adult club or friends at an ann summers party did it then is that wrong? Of course not, but it's still the same act of sucking a dildo in public. You'd think after all the years of law they'd figure out how to distinguish two completely different offences.

Just another example of how crazy the law is, much the same around the globe.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Why are people defending this? Some people really are so PC that they've lost their own minds. This is disgusting and should be unlawful. If someone did that in front of my child I'd hope all the people in the this thread making out like it's nothing serious would do the same when I broke the guys jaw.

To simulate oral sex with a dildo practically in public in front of a minor is purely disgusting, how the hell can anyone defend this? It's nearly as bad as the "Peados aren't that bad" thread a couple of months ago.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

I agree in part, this man shouldn't be imprisoned because he hasn't actually done harm. I would argue that the mother did more harm by reacting in such a strong fashion, i wonder what effect this would have on her child. Consider the alternative and she had just told her child the man had a lolipop, the child wouldn't have thought anything of it but this way the child might be traumatised as children may look to their parents for social cues at that age.

Still where i disagree with you is that the man is obviously a little off, something is wrong there and maybe that means he needs some form of help.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
Why are people defending this? Some people really are so PC that they've lost their own minds. This is disgusting and should be unlawful. If someone did that in front of my child I'd hope all the people in the this thread making out like it's nothing serious would do the same when I broke the guys jaw.

To simulate oral sex with a dildo practically in public in front of a minor is purely disgusting, how the hell can anyone defend this? It's nearly as bad as the "Peados aren't that bad" thread a couple of months ago.

Whose defending his actions? I don't think anyone has. Those that disagree with the OP are doing so because of the backlash they see from declaring all forms of lewd behavior unlawful, which is precisely what the OP and you are suggesting. What you might find o.k., someone else may have a problem with. Where do you draw the line? If you feel the law needs to be changed, then write your State representative.

You have to look at what the current law says and according to the law, he was not found to have committed a crime with regards to sexual misconduct. Being drunk in public is another matter, however.

He did not threaten anyone, nor was he trying to coerce any of these women to engage in oral sex with him. He was getting his rocks off in public. The child, while unfortunate, was a victim of circumstance and I don't believe he was intentionally targeting this child.

As an early poster put it, you don't have a right to NOT be disgusted. And I would agree with you that his actions were very lewd and uncalled for.

What I do disagree with is the backlash from those who are offended by this individual's actions (I would be to) and then chose to use this forum to lash out at anyone who doesn't think like they do. It surely doesn't speak well of their character, espcially when they denigrate the members here with their insults and assertions that we condone this behavior. We don't.

And I can't accept that all these reactions of enacting physical violence on this person somehow makes you better then the individual in question. So, it is o.k. for you to commit a more serious crime when the other person hasn't? Do you think you would have reformed this individual with your actions or would it just make you feel better?

The guy should have been arrested for a drunk and disorderly charge, but that is about it.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
That's the kind of # I do for fun. There's no laws saying that you cant # with peoples heads. This guy was clearly a real sicko though.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The act by this man cannot be illegal. Laws are to protect another persons body or physical property. The man is harming absolutely NO ONE in this situation. In fact if someone is worried about a childs negative perception of genitalia, than it is the PARENTS fault for not explaining issues of sex better. I see many homeless men and women drinking alcohol out of brown bags at 8 am in the morning. If my children get curious and inquire about this foreign behavior I'd be happy to steer them in what I think the right direction in terms of health.
If people MUST be so offended by genitalia and pleasures of the flesh, than fine... talk about it message boards like this, form groups with like minded parents, and encourage your children to attend. But please, leave the law out of it...I dont need any of you ballers to to think for me or my children when it comes to nudity or sex. Had this man physically harmed me or my childrens body or property than, as they say, book him Dan-O!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Go ahead & read the article.
www.clickorlando.com...

All I can say is that citizens will have to take the law into their own hands if they see this guy or someone else doing this in front of children next time since the law doesn't consider his acts illegal.

Oh, get over it. If I had a five year old asking that question I would say "he is just being silly" (which is a decent description as to what he was actually doing). One week to one month later, my five year old would then have no memory whatsoever about what happened, which of course all but prove no psychological damage was done.

The only possible way the daughter would be effected in any way in such a circumstance is if the parent had done something like raised a major fit or physically attacked the guy. I don't know if someone sucking on a plastic stick is going to stick in the mind of a child but I'm pretty sure a fistfight could be traumatizing.

I could definitely understand it if you punched someone in a similar situation but I would also support you going to jail for it and the other party going free because what they did was simply express them self in the rudest way possible and what you would be doing was causing definite physical damage!

The freedom of expression means the freedom to say or do disgusting things. As so many others have said: no victim, no crime.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by truthquest]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Yea there are a million ways to solve a parenting dilemma. But in this case I dont even see why lying, albeit a white lie, is even necessary. Just tell your children that the man is embarrassing himself and if you believe sexual matters are best left behind closed doors, than by all means instill that in your child. If people honestly want to go at it outdoors than that is their prerogative. And lets be honest with each other...if we did away with silly old laws like "misbehaving" or "disorderly conduct", we arent going to suddenly experience a government takeover by sex crazed lunatics! Funny everyone is quick to defend the children mental health when just a short time ago that same parent was not exactly being shy to create that same kid. Humans are silly

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

This reply sums it up wonderfully!

The "save the children" knee jerk reactionists are one of the biggest threats to our countries freedoms to date. For some reason its not ok just to believe what you think is morale and pass it along to your children. Certain people find it necessary to creates laws so that you think the same way about sex as they do. These people are just as much sickos as a guy who wants you to watch him simulate oral sex - because just like them he think everyone should be doing what he is doing...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam

I'm not really sure why you think the PC reaction would be to ignore the situation as much as it would be for the man to be charged with a crime. Some people simply have a strong belief in the freedom of expression.

I'm not sure why you are so interested in a false sense of justice at the expense of doing real psychological harm to nearby children as you punch a man's jaw so hard you break it. I don't recall to many situations where adults "act silly" as a child but you can be damned sure I remember the times where I saw people getting punched in the jaw.

The way to prevent crime is to use restitution and if that fails then the tried and true caging up of the person. That stuff is shown to work... not beating the crap out of criminals. Beatings are pretty well proven to be totally ineffective at stopping crime. And no, sucking on a plastic or rubber stick shouldn't be any more a crime than sucking on a lollipop, I don't care how offended you are by it. Breaking someone's jaw should be a crime on the other hand.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Word up truthquest. You truly appreciate freedom me thinks!
I must say, I truly am disgusted by french kissing... saw a nasty couple french kiss on a train platform the other day. I didnt look for a police officer I just turned my head. And if I my child asked (they did not see) what the sickos what doing Ill explain why I think it is so gross and not right for public.

p.s. I am all MAN and love using tongue muscle for intimacy. However, two tounges interlocked is just gross and weird to me. We eat all sorts of gross food and spit up weird things all day. Not for me....still making a law against doesnt make me feel better.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

All of those crimes are outward acts of PHYSICAL violence.

That is why the "ists" you mentioned should be punished lawfully.

I must say that drunk driving, while a preventitive law where no one needs to be injured for there to be a charge is a law based on a driving priveledge and not a right. However everyone has a right to publicly assemble (like the dildo man).

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Salamandy]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Spot on!

I'm more concerned about the disturbing trend towards nakedness in public by teenage girls. It's got so bad that their actions have influenced little kids to the point
that they want and you can now buy 'tarty' lace lingerie for toddlers. When did it become okay to sexualize kids? I guess when the pedos took over the asylum and encouraged it.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Then the same people wanting the laws 'reformed' are the first whine and complain that their rights are being erroded away! who would figure

I agree the mans actions werent appropriate for the area he chose (a gas station with children around) for this mental lapse of reason.. and this isnt me condoning his actions, not in the least, as was said before yes the dildo should have stayed at home in a bedside drawer..hell a kitchen drawer for all i care, just not out in public like that.
People get too offended too easily these days, EVERYTHING offends someone, and it has gotten amazingly out of hand. Mind you, my morals arent always seen as 'normal', but if you wanted to tell the guy off, do so, you want to slap him, go ahead, but making law changes to entrap all of the populace over one horny redneck? seems a bit OTP..

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I have to agree with most responses on here. Sure what he did was stupid, and definitely not appropriate to do in front of kids. But he's a drunk idiot at the end of the day.

If you go and batter him for it YOU would be the one in prison for assault and rightly so. He's just a drunken d*ck playing with a plastic one, not the end of the world! If he'd have come out of the truck and done that near the woman though then yeah, batter him

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
There was no duplicate post.
You deleted my post like BP payed FB to delete users accounts.
You singled me out, YET again for the 8th time because I refuse to say what you want me to say to fit in with popular opinion.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PublicDefenseCorp
There was no duplicate post.
You deleted my post like BP payed FB to delete users accounts.
You singled me out, YET again for the 8th time because I refuse to say what you want me to say to fit in with popular opinion.

Theres a "warn" button under your name :/

new topics
top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join