It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONFIRMED! Lieberman: US Prepared to Strike Iran to Stop Nuclear Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

The United States may be forced to launch an attack on Iran’s nuclear weapons facilities if diplomatic efforts and economic sanctions against the Islamic Republic fail, Sen. Joseph Lieberman said Wednesday after a meeting with Israeli officials in Jerusalem.

Appearing at a news conference with Sens. Lindsey Graham and John McCain, Lieberman was unusually harsh in his assessment of the Iranian threat. There is a broad consensus in Congress that military force can be used if necessary to stop Ira

www.newsmax.com...

Looks like this is getting worse by the day. Why aren't bigger news stations carrying this!?

www.google.com...

OTHER LINK

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

yeah, i've been noticing the 'using force' option mentioned on the evening news.

And coming from politicians.

The noose is tightening...

...the trap to be sprung.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

I seriously think this is the beginning of the end. Not in some philosophical sense either. Whether it means the end of the free speech on the net, enacting ACTA

www.theregister.co.uk...

or whether it's WWIII, that is yet to be seen. I do feel, however, that it's become a hot potato lately, the word "force" when talking about Iran. I sure hope we aren't close to being right, and I can't begin to imagine what the next few months are going to bring.

If you think about it, there's too many signs happening right now. Our President looks so old, so stressed, as if he's aged 10 years in a few months. If we only knew what he really knows. The latest meeting with Netanyahu was strange as well, the whole handshake thing.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Oh here we go again. We Americans are hated enough as it is.
Now let's start another war in Iran and force our American ways
and beliefs down the throats of even more people who couldn't
care less about our ways and beliefs. I am about ready to puke
over our country waging wars and being the worlds bully. Sure,
let's go into another conflict. The ones we are in now are sure doing
a lot of good. I can't say anymore.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

I agree 100%! Sadly, it seems as though what is going on is in the hands of some "behind the scenes" people, shouting orders to our President and the military.. If we all just sat down together, let THE PEOPLE ask our politicians the questions (without being screened beforehand, which spits in the face of free speech, btw), and got some straight answers with results, I seriously think we would get farther faster. Like this, it's a HUGE game being played out for the masses, all the while everything is well planned. I am working on another post right now, as I saw this, and am putting so many pieces together, it's scary.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestideayet

Looks like this is getting worse by the day. Why aren't bigger news stations carrying this!?

This has been batted about for years now. Not really any new info here.
I hear this about once a month on ATS.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Yes, this has been going on for years(Israel bombed Iraq in the 80's, Syria not to long ago, there is precedent here). Thats why you see it here so often.

And thats how long the tension in the region has been building. Like a fault line before an earthquake, maybe we will see the 'earthquake lights' before the actual event. A macabre way of calling first.

But the signs of building tension are there, no doubt.

Just waiting for the first boarding of a ship bound for a port in Iran, done under the sanction of the UN sanctions.

Lit match in room full of fumes.

Just my humble opinion.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by ErEhWoN]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The conflict with Iran is inevitable... It will happen.

The only thing is tensions have been building and building over the years to give the feeling and impression that a war is "imminent".

So far nothing has changed from that, so this general feeling that a conflict is about to unfold is no different from any other year.

There are slight differences however, that being Fidel Castro's warning and the 4th round of sanctions. The sanctions are a huge step toward military conflict.

I don't think it will be a case of waking up one morning to find Israel having made surgical strikes on Iran's nuclear facilities... I think it will be a case of confrontation in the Persian Gulf and the Straight Of Hormuz.

You can't put that amount of military hardware and warships in the Persian Gulf without wanting some kind of "incident" to happen. They are itching for this war so badly. If Iran don't make the first provocative step, or don't react to any of the US or Israel's provocations such as inspecting ships, then I'd put money on the yanks blowing up one of their own ships to kick it off.

I mean hey, you don't need to be clever to see that the US sunk the South Korean navy ship to try and get the two Korea's at war again.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Just another step towards a one world governemt.. Why are Israel or USA any better than Iran? Before striking Iran, they should both get rid of their nukes. Hypocrites.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Grossac]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This is stupid, let them do what they want, the USA is no better, their bombers are armed with nuclear weapons from what I know, so they should just let Iran do as they wish.

new topics

top topics

join