It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP - 128 workers sick, not allowed to report to state health clinics

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Another thing caught my eye while trying to find numbers on actual workers and or cleanup personel....couldnt find much. I think the numbers are being hushed on both workers and sick people. I think thats why I cant find the vast numbers of people being sick like we all would expect. Could it be that there arnt that many workers cleaning up?

Could it be that BP cant stop this thing and they are just putting on a show to keep people from rioting and "going off." So they really are not trying to clean it up...they are just "going through the motions until....until...well...what? Thats the question I am asking.

Like I said. I think this oil gusher is not going to stop and its Wayyyyyyy worse than we could fathom...seeping out miles from the actual site.

The government KNOWS were screwed and so are they.

I have an idea that the government once they figured that the SHTF cause of this..they made BP put on a dog and pony show to pass some time until
it could figure out how to evacuate the gulf...and or employ martial law...who knows really...those are some ideas but they are definately passing time...cause there are no real concrete numbers. Media blackout. No fly zone by the FAA. And no access to workers who are ill by the few media out there.

I truely think if we had real concrete measure with bloodtests and full analisis of some of these sick people (Which we cant find and if they can be found arnt accessable to be interviewed) we would find out that there is more to this than just some oil in the water...both by radiation amounts and the Corexit crap!

This sucks so bad folks...get ready for the population movements North...Im telling you.

Here is another artical...

blogs.alternet.org...

"For over two weeks, my NewsHour colleagues and I reached out to media contacts at HHS, the U.S. Coast Guard and everyone listed as a possible media contact for BP, in an attempt to visit the unit and get a general sense of how many people were being treated there , who they were and what illnesses they had. We got nowhere. It was either “access denied,” or no response at all. It was something that none of us had ever encountered while covering a disaster. We’re usually at some point provided access to the health services being offered by the federal government. "

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
That last video was informative, but the first I guess no longer exists? I thought the person interviewed in that last video was being honest and forthcoming.

The woman in the "I'm looking for my 15 minutes of fame video" was not impressive. She tried to be nuisance to get the response she wanted. If I were the person in the ambulance, I'd be mad at her, not the people who were trying to respect my privacy. Every neighborhood has a busybody looking for dirt. She fits that bill nicely.

The Officer did not seem out of line at all. He was asked to keep her away and he did his job. She may have read the Constitution, but she forgot her rights end where they conflict with others rights. Emergency workers have every right to be bothered by obvious rubberneckers looking for fresh gossip. That is not reporting, its just being a public nuisance. Had she approached them respectfully, she probably could have gotten her questions answered, but she chose to bully her way into the middle of things. You don't report news by creating news. She got what she wanted, here on ATS anyway.

I'd say the guy that lied to her at first, read her correctly. He was trying to put out her fuse before she became a real problem. I can forgive anyone for a lie under those circumstances. We've all had a determined to find dirt even if it does not exist reactionary in our faces before I think. Sadly they never seem to know what a spectacle they are and that they are not fooling anyone.

The more of these threads I read, the more I wonder, are people after the truth or they trying to manipulate the truth to fit their own theory? You know, garbage tabloid journalism with a very small "j". I would like the truth without the hysteria, hype and fabricated facts pulled out thin air. If I wanted that I'd have my nose buried in a checkstand tabloid.

Next we will be seeing the all the Doctors are in on it nonsense. If they find proof people are being sickened, it will be front page news. First they have to filter out the fakers with get rich quick by law suit schemitis and those who are prone to psychosomatic illness from the real cases. That can't be easy to do. With less than 150 reporting illness vs the thousands working, it is likely those two things explain a majority of the illnesses.

Don't get me wrong. If anyone is sickened for real, or injured, BP should have their feet held to the fire. It's just that considering the number of workers, I'd guess a couple of hundred will feign illness seeing dollar signs and I don't think I'm being unreasonable in saying that. You are also bound to have some who get sick simply because they smell something and the idea was planted in their heads.

My mind keeps going back to the fact that what they are being exposed to is present in all automotive garages and any true harmful effects would be well known by now. Seems that way to me. If not, we had better shut all the garages down yesterday. The fumes in those closed spaces should be far worse than in the open air. Nearly every petroleum product you can imagine is in use in an automotive shop.

I do hope by now people are aware the story about all those who helped with the Valdez cleanup being dead is not true? Some did have some valid illnesses that should have been studied. Some simply died due to age and illnesses unrelated. Many are still alive and living here, I assure you. Some are even in the Gulf now helping. They could not do that if they were dead. CNN needs to clear that myth up since they seem to have invented it. An overly excited reporter and dishonest producer and you get stories like that. CNN must be desperate for ratings.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Dumbass

How will our democracy die?

Clearly not with a bang, but a whimper.

Didn't you see Star Wars III? Democracy dies to thunderous applause. Don't you remember the Iraqi war or the Patriot Act? Almost everyone was for it. If you weren't you supported terrorism and hated America. You really don't remember that?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
We have all got to be careful. All here know, especially the trolls, that the corporations, the government and the MSM are the same entity. I'm not saying people are not getting sick, they are, but the whole objective here seems to be to purposely poison and scare the populations out of the area. What better way to do that then to over exaggerate or to fake an oil spill. In this case, MSM is doing their usual great propaganda job because there is no way they are operating against the overall agenda... BP, the government and the MSM are on the same team.... we really have to keep our thinking caps on here and try to piece this puzzle together.

Why should I trust images and sound bites that are totally controlled by BP? And I'm also going to closely scrutinize every youtube vid.... I'm sure they learned their lesson well after 911 about the power of a youtube vid.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by soleprobe]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by Bspiracy

Silly foreigners, the entire world doesn't equal the amount of monetary donations of our one silly country.

You mean the fictional, non-backed bank notes and computer digits that self-propel debt? You mean the Marshall plan that endebted most European countries so the population would have to work non-stop to pay back monopoly money, after most land was already bought up through dirty tactics which involved several earlier wars?

Once again, the people gave away more hard earned money than anyone else. Regardless of how the system is flawed, the ENTIRE international system, my point was only that the GENEROSITY of the American people is unmatched.

The greed is as well. You were lumping us all together

America didn't do that, the bankers did. So from now on whenever you want to take credit for the monetary supplies the "US" hands out to overthrown sovereign nations remember that you are taking the sides of these central bankers.
refer to above and my first post. The monetary system is rigged in the same manner all over the world. The greedy corporations here have roots from everywhere else. The American people were exploited into slavery by means of a completely unmanageable monetary system that's not understood by people with advanced degrees.

If I wanted to make any point at all it was that certain people need to wake up and realize they have been tricked into a false sense of patriotism fueled by hollywood pictures, when in reality, the US has bred a mentality of: "F you, me first and I don't care if you're my neighbour!"

If that's how you see it.. but it's not like that everywhere and not nearly as a whole with the actual public you so readily lump together. Stop watching movies and get into the neighborhoods with real people and you will notice a totally different American

PS. The audacity to call people foreigners on the internet, why don't you shine your bright American light some more for folks to see how a beacon of prejudice looks like.

You originally lumped Americans together in the post I was replying to. Are you an American? I do NOT have any prejudice and was reacting to YOUR prejudice of silly, movie driven, patriotic Amercans.. by your words.. Your scope is so small in it's view.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Once again, the people gave away more hard earned money than anyone else. Regardless of how the system is flawed, the ENTIRE international system, my point was only that the GENEROSITY of the American people is unmatched.

Oh, so now it's about generosity? See, that statement is flawed because YOU lump together all Americans. What I'm saying is there is no one 'American' but most people have been tricked into believing there is.

Of course I know individuals can be generous, but when you're rich you have the luxury to be more generous than others. And most generosity from rich people comes with a truckload of self-interest, interest and soldiers.

But I understand that you might have misinterpreted my point, so I'll leave you with this(also to stop clogging the thread):

BP ruined my homeland, it is doing the same to yours. Being American won't save you, waving the star spangled banner won't save you. Your generosity won't help you and neither will your sons and daughters in American service...Such a shame.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ckitch
reply to post by OptimusPrimate

Try this.............

www.youtube.com...

Thanks, ckitch, for posting the video of the big cop & little lady. Very interesting. I also noticed the other youtube videos there on the lab tests confirming how toxic the water is. Yes, I'm aware of the 400 people getting sick in Pensacola from going into the water. It's going to get worse.

Astroved

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
maria_stardust,
kosmicjack,
AshleyD,
gimme_some_truth,
GENERAL EYES,
ArMaP, parrhesia,
TheRedneck,
JacKatMtn,
WyrdeOne,
benevolent tyrant,
greeneyedleo,
semperfortis,
Sauron,
GAOTU789

you guys are supposed to be the mods for this thread.

the original OP has absolutely no substance becuase the supposed video does not exsist.

why is the thread not closed?

JohnySeagull, what is your problem?

ckitch provided a good link to the original video of the big cop & little lady on Page 2 of this thread. This thread's original video was NOT taken off youtube, it's just the original link that failed.

Why are you so intent on closing down this thread?

There are numerous youtube links on this thread to related topics that are worth watching. Some of the posts are actually interesting.

Astroved

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
these workers need to watch 9/11 truth rising and see how a similar thing happened to the 9/11 first responders. I can't imagine how anyone would work this clean up if they knew the real history of the world. A new person is born every minute, and they won't become enlightened by watching television. We are in a constant struggle to teach what we already know to those who have been sheltered from the truth.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trinity9603
Great job by these women. It's good to see people personally going out to see what is really going on with the spill and the clean-up efforts. I am in Cape Coral in SW Florida and assure you if and when it gets here, I'll personally be out there seeing what the deal is and shooting video. Take action people.

Good post, Trinity9603, these women were NOT doing anything wrong. They were NOT anywhere near the ambulances, certainly not near enough to interfere with rescue or paramedic personnel or violate the privacy of the sick or injured.

It amazes me that so many who responded on this thread, do NOT sense that something is VERY WRONG with this scene that was videotaped by these brave amateur reporters.

This scene at the beach was NOT normal! And having that HUGE behemoth of a cop tell the women they had no right to object to being LIED TO -- is almost incredible!

Wake up people!

Astroved

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Oh, so now it's about generosity? See, that statement is flawed because YOU lump together all Americans. What I'm saying is there is no one 'American' but most people have been tricked into believing there is.

Of course I know individuals can be generous, but when you're rich you have the luxury to be more generous than others. And most generosity from rich people comes with a truckload of self-interest, interest and soldiers.

But I understand that you might have misinterpreted my point, so I'll leave you with this(also to stop clogging the thread):

BP ruined my homeland, it is doing the same to yours. Being American won't save you, waving the star spangled banner won't save you. Your generosity won't help you and neither will your sons and daughters in American service...Such a shame.

Zamini, you mentioned that BP ruined your country. Are you from Nigeria?

I just recently read about the years of oil spills in Nigeria where the soil & water are so poisoned by constant oil leaks from bad pipes. And no one cares. What has happeded to Nigeria is a tragedy.

Astroved

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe
We have all got to be careful. All here know, especially the trolls, that the corporations, the government and the MSM are the same entity. I'm not saying people are not getting sick, they are, but the whole objective here seems to be to purposely poison and scare the populations out of the area. What better way to do that then to over exaggerate or to fake an oil spill. In this case, MSM is doing their usual great propaganda job because there is no way they are operating against the overall agenda... BP, the government and the MSM are on the same team.... we really have to keep our thinking caps on here and try to piece this puzzle together.

Why should I trust images and sound bites that are totally controlled by BP? And I'm also going to closely scrutinize every youtube vid.... I'm sure they learned their lesson well after 911 about the power of a youtube vid.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

Soleprobe, I just read thru the entire thread and I'm surprised that there were only maybe 3 posts from people who got it. This entire BP oil spill just REEKS of corruption & LIES. We are NOT being told the truth!

I agree that the corporations, government & MSM are all intertwined. Obama & his regime are complicit with BP.

After looking at this, the thing that stands out for me is BP's INSISTENCE in using massive amounts of Corexit 9500 -- when LESS TOXIC & MORE EFFECTIVE oil dispersants exist. WHY?

The only conclusion I can come to is that they WANT to use the MOST toxic dispersant they can. The oil spill is an EXCUSE to use Corexit 9500.

I am convinced that this is part of the NWO's DEPOPULATON agenda. This is NOT the only purpose of the oil spill but one of the major end goals. They also want to ram thru Cap & Trade (BP & GE are HUGE SUPPORTERS of Cap & Trade) and help collapse the US economy by the moratorium on off shore drilling.

Obama supporter, Soros is poised to make BILLIONS from his Petrobras investment. Petrobras (state-run Brazilian oil company) has already placed dibs on the idle US oil rigs in the Gulf. BTW Obama promised Petrobras (the second largest company in ALL of Latin America) a preliminary $2 Billion dollar loan for their ULTRA-DEEP offshore drilling (14,022 ft below sea level).

The MMS sponsored study by the National Academy of Engineers was FALSIFIED by Salazar. The 7 scientist who participated in the study did NOT support a moratorium on off shore drilling.

Obama does NOT care about the environment. Obama is all about Obama.

Astroved

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The point is, and you all know it, that each and every oil worker, out there on the water, or out there on the beaches, doing clean up and operating the barriers, are all as good as dead. The amount of BENZENE C6H6 exposure is such that persons will not die immediately, however will die further down the road. That is the truth about the situation. I do not work for any counter intelligence programme. I am simply an individual who is comprehending the reality of exposure to BENZENE C6H6.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Astroved

Obviously you didn't read the whole thread...the video of the cop and lady WERE NOT the original video in the OP...that one got pulled and is only approx. 40 seconds long, later in the thread it gets reposted, but I repeat, the ORIGINAL video is NOT of the cop and lady...I think it's on page 4 that you'll find it back up again...
Some of us, (myself included) made the same mistake and it kinda derailed the thread...sorry OP

edit to add, yep, page 4 xstealth video post titled CNN 128 workers sick in gulf...THAT was the original video, like I said, some of us (me, too) made the same mistake

[edit on 10-7-2010 by rockhndr]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockhndr

Obviously you didn't read the whole thread...the video of the cop and lady WERE NOT the original video in the OP...that one got pulled and is only approx. 40 seconds long, later in the thread it gets reposted, but I repeat, the ORIGINAL video is NOT of the cop and lady...I think it's on page 4 that you'll find it back up again...
Some of us, (myself included) made the same mistake and it kinda derailed the thread...sorry OP

edit to add, yep, page 4 xstealth video post titled CNN 128 workers sick in gulf...THAT was the original video, like I said, some of us (me, too) made the same mistake

Thanks, Rockhndr, you're right of course. I didn't realize that I missed the original video until it too late. I don't know of any way to edit a post once it has posted.

Astroved

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

LOL...A few of us made the same mistake earlier, but understandable with some of the heat of the thread itself...

edit to add...see that little "edit" button up in the right corner next to the "quote" and "reply" button?? it only shows up on your own posts!! That's how you do it!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockhndr

LOL...A few of us made the same mistake earlier, but understandable with some of the heat of the thread itself...

edit to add...see that little "edit" button up in the right corner next to the "quote" and "reply" button?? it only shows up on your own posts!! That's how you do it!!!

Thanks again, Rockhndr -- I can't believe I couldn't see that "edit" button!

Astroved

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Don't get me wrong. If anyone is sickened for real, or injured, BP should have their feet held to the fire. It's just that considering the number of workers, I'd guess a couple of hundred will feign illness seeing dollar signs and I don't think I'm being unreasonable in saying that.

It is not longer an issue of "if" it is now, how many workers are sick.

Take a look here, this is maistream news now.

And let me add that toxicity studies have been completed on the sick workers, they are sick from 2 butoxyethanol ...and not feigning illness.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
The proof is there.

And if that is not bad enough, BP still refuses to allow the workers protective masks.

BP is culpable, and complicit, they are already on probation from previous crimes. BP is a convicted serial criminal corporation.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Reconer

Greenwire did an independant report on the sick workers, it is near two thousand sick. Info here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
I think m
ore people would keep their mouth shut to keep the job and money home.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join