It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP - 128 workers sick, not allowed to report to state health clinics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

No one stops them, no one....

BP is above the law, its workers are slaves.

No one cares.

mod edit: updated video link]

[edit on 8-7-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Wow. I think this is going to be really bad. BP has set up its own clinic? Don't know quite what to make of that. The immediate conclusion one would jump to, of course, is cover up.

Did you happen to see the thread on the OSHA report? Someone posted a thread on it here.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
welcome to corporate fascist America.
the lil man doesn't count anymore
as long as corporate profits keep
coming in. We are ALL expendable !!!!

[edit on 7-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Someone please see if you can find that follow up report that "digs deeper'

Thanks, Good video.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This just makes me furious! It will be the day when someone tells me I can't go to the dr or clinic or my choice! No ones cares about these people - they either loose their jobs or take a chance of loosing their lives by going to a BP Clinic.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Very angry.
Will comment later.
S/F.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

[edit on 7-7-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
im almost losing the 'oh my gosh' factor from these BP threads. none of it suprises me anymore. BP could come out with a press conference held by satan saying "we are going to kill all of you, isnt it obvious" and i wouldnt have an ounce of shock in my body.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

I saw one person who was taken away by ambulance and of the two women, one was rather obnoxious. I really don't know how far away they were, but it was close enough to see the person one the stretcher. I don't think I would want to filmed at such a time.

I don't know why you say they can't talke to anyone or pick their doctor.
I think he walked away because they were ready to transport. He didn't need to block them. They were just annoying "rubberneckers" and needed to move along.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Just watched the video above and to be honest a couple of things stick out at me. For one the officer came and asked politely for the lady to move back but she persisted and started arguing with him. Then she started getting louder and went on about her rights. Now I am not taking sides here but I think she was a little cheeky approaching the Ambulance unit with video cam in hand, I am a paramedic and would not be too pleased to have someone around the doors of my unit trying to video what’s going on. I am not 100% up on emergency policy in the states but it is my understanding that a fire unit attends medical emergencies too so the whole thing maybe someone that’s just plain not well. Patient confidentiality is important and I think in this instance that’s what was important here. I am not saying that the Police had the right to move the lady along but surely the fact that someone is receiving medical assistance and is clearly in distress means she should move along and not create a scene.
This is just my view on what I have seen and how I interpreted the video. Her problems began when she approached the Ambulance unit and not before. She doesn’t need to know what’s going on (back to patient confidentiality again) but she persisted in saying she should know the truth and to be honest in this instance it’s none of her business.

Please do not think I am trying to discredit the video or the OP but as above, this is how I see the video speaking from an HCP perspective.

Chris

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
No one cares.

This is the part that is bothering me the most...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

How will our democracy die?

Clearly not with a bang, but a whimper.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
Just watched the video above and to be honest a couple of things stick out at me. For one the officer came and asked politely for the lady to move back but she persisted and started arguing with him.

The cop probably wasn't on duty. Off duty cops in Alabama are allowed to wear their uniforms when doing private security.

That is how BP is protecting themselves through mercenaries and an ignorant public.

I would have told that pig to get out of the way, he is blocking my view. I would have had about as much authority to say that as he does asking her to move once she is that far away.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

I watched the vid of the lady with the camera and the cop keeping her back WITHOUT SOUND. Not once did she approach the ambulance! Keep the sound off you might get another perspective. There sure was some other guys at the ambulance door tho - badges turned backwards.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

I watched the vid of the lady with the camera and the cop keeping her back WITHOUT SOUND. Not once did she approach the ambulance! Keep the sound off you might get another perspective. There sure was some other guys at the ambulance door tho - badges turned backwards.

I understand your point buddy and will try as suggested but the fact that someone is pointing a video camera at the ambulance would be enough for me to tell them to walk on. We all know the zoom some of these bad boys have. I take note on the points mentioned about the cop being off duty as well. I just wanted to give my perspective on the video but as always am willing to listen and take in others

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

If it had been a Pulitzer winner that came with a video, would you turn them away too? I understand clearly the patient's right to confidentiality, but in this case, in regards to the GOM disaster, there has already been enough lies.

Peoples lives are at stake here. If you were told the patient was rapidly dying of radiation poisoning, how would you react? Wouldn't you like to know, to, at least, send your loved ones away until, if ever, this mess clears?

Unless you prefer to believe they were sick because they used too much Pine Sol to clean the beaches? Don't take this last one too hard; I mean no harm!

About the lady, she's got real tar balls, that's for sure!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Why not make a new thread about the lady with the camera?

I'm interesting in hearing more about the

128 workers sick, not allowed to report to state health clinics

But maybe that's just me?

Now, it appears the original video is gone. Does anyone have a link to the original?

[edit on 8-7-2010 by mattifikation]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
video has been removed?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by benjoepen

I'm getting the same message.

very ominous that this video has been "removed by user"

I cant help but imagine it wasn't exactly a choice made freely by that user.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

looks like it was removed already.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join