It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

that magic moment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I think everyone has had that one moment in Time, that completely flipped you around. I'm talking about doing a u-turn, changing direction at a very critical moment. If you haven't, I promise it will come for you, one day. Here is my story.

When I was 15, I was into drugs, backtalking to my mom, complete disregard for authority. I had planned on joining a gang, soon, as my friends were already being initiated into a local "club."

I was visiting my cousins, during Christmas time, and they were urging me to go watch some movie at a local theater. I kept telling them I wasn't interested, and that I would just stay in and watch some TV. They were very insistent, and so I decided that I would oblige them, and tag along.

Upon reaching the theater, the group I was with got ahead of me, as I was walking very slow behind them (obviously showing my dissatisfaction with our agreed activity). As I caught up to them by the door, I noticed my cousin surrounded by a bunch of kids, I had assumed they were his friends. I was in for a big surprise.

No sooner than I approached this group, did I find myself the focus of attention. "Why you wearin' those colors? You a King? Throw the crown down!"
They were insisting me to disrespect a gang I was not a part of. I thought it was a trap. "I'm not a king!" I yelled to them.

"Throw it down!" one of them yelled, but before I could reply he punched me square in the nose. I hunched over immediately, and the rest of them proceeded to punch and kick at me. My only instinct was to run. And run I did. As fast as I could in the opposite direction. I did not bother to fight back, it was survival at this point.

I was so terrified that they were going to chase after me. But I ran like the wind. Where could I go? I had to think fast. I was not familiar with the area, I was miles away from home. I jumped a fence, seemingly the highest fence I ever climbed. On the other side was a bunch of condos that all looked alike. I didn't pick the first one I saw. I just chose one out of fear, that I had little time to react.

I rang the doorbell at a stranger's house. A woman answered, and I saw with her a dog, and behind her was her husband.
"Help! I just was jumped at the theater and I'm not from around here..."

She acted quick, "Here come inside, take this." She handed me a towel and began to phone my uncle's house.

"Thank you" I said very meekly under my breath.

Later I would find out that she was a registered nurse. This always astonished me because maybe a person of a different walk of life maybe wouldn't have shown so much compassion towards me. From that day forward I told myself I would not go down the dark path, I would embrace the light. Time to behave positively, and show respect.

I would like to say thank you, to the couple who took me in. I wish I could tell them all these years later, they are truly heaven sent. You didn't have to answer the door and you did. Thank you....

[edit on 7/7/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
So wheres your cousinat during all of this? He didnt help you or he set you up? I dont get it.

MOTF!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Some information I left out. Truthfully I can't say for sure because I was only concerned with the gang's attention on me. I should probably elaborate on who was all there as well. It was my cousin Chris and his girlfriend. My other cousin David. Chris and his gf, had already rushed inside, I believe he was protecting her and even later found out had fought with them as well. David on the other hand...he may have rushed inside as well. I would later found out that he had bragged to these gangmembers beforehand that I was gonna come up there and fight them. He did this without my knowledge, and may have even knew they were gonna be up there. I was pissed at him for it at the time, but looking back at it, was the most important thing that couldve happened. It was a blessing in disguise for sure.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Well good for you bro. Alls I can say is that im glad Jeffery Dahmer didnt answer the door.

MOTF!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I know right. Thats why I thought it was "magical" that it was nurse who answered the door. Every condo looked the same, and there seemed to be hundreds of 'em. Thanks for reading

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

I'm giving your story S&F, wishing young people in vacations now can read that. By the way, interesting how your encounter with that gang pushed you in the opposite direction.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Yes it is interesting how it turned out I went in the opposite direction from something I felt I had wanted. Hopefully I can inspire some of the younger readers to maybe make a change for the better. Thanks trueman, i appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
That is extremely great to hear. We all have moments in our lives that were definitely meant to be and to teach us great lessons.

I have many similar stories, but instead of gang violence, it was a supernatural encounter that completely changed my life for the better.

-Sol

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Thanks for reading. Whatever the supernatural event was, I'm happy to hear it changed your life for the better. The important thing is that we remain true to ourselves, and listen when we're being spoken to.

top topics

join