It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get your haircut as we tell you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but if one of the MSM are reporting the truth then Iran have just dictated several acceptable haircuts for males and later will be a guideline for females.

I know here in the Western World we have x amount of freedom and hairstyles are our own choice as well as you may want to look, i.e. body piercings and mods etc.

I just cannot believe that in 2010 people are been told what haircuts they can have and can not, for me this rule if true just smacks of religion gone mad and people who's leaders want the best the modern world can give but corral their own people into a age so many many years behind.

Link:
news.sky.com... pos=World_News_First_Home_Page_Feature_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15660929_Iran_Set_To_Ban_Mullets_And_Ponytails_As_Part_Of_Crackdown_On_Western_Hair styles

[edit on 7/7/10 by Wolfie_UK]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Your link is busted, but here's a related link to ABC.

The primary target: spiky, gelled hairdos associated with rebellious youths, corrupted by Western influence. It's a style that was commonly seen on the front line of last year's post-election protests.

It *appears to be another move by the clerics to crack down on Western or *modern influences amongst the youth.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I agree with them. The mullet should be illegal everywhere!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Typical of Rupert and his empire, first thread I start in ages and the link is shoddy, thanks for the new link.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
"I know here in the Western World we have x amount of freedom and hairstyles are our own choice as well as you may want to look"

Wrong! Go have a job interview with long hair and alternative clothing to one of the numerous uptight and anal corporations in the Western world. Let's see what your chances are of getting the job because of your appearance. Westerners have been brilliantly deceived into thinking they have freedom. Places like Iran do not have to play that kind of hypocrisy card.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

While I understand your point - I have to disagree with the fundamental.

As in Iran, the law (here) does dictate to us that which is illegal v legal.

Outside of that, we are free and able to do as we choose.

However, there are consequences to our choices, be them positive, negative or neutral.

No deception in that.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Soooo do you have a set of hairstyles you have to conform to........NO, do have a rule that you have to obey when choosing what clothes you wear each day NO, not in the Western world.

But if you go for a job interview would you go dressed as if you have just stepped out of bed or do you make an effort and make the best of your appearance........I would like to think the latter, I understand the sentiment of your post but that is about it.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Lots of propoganda about Iran these days.

Lady gets stoned.
Nukes and more fear.
Haircut police.

I imagine once the MSM finds the right button it will be a full assault on the minds of the Americans until we go to war to kill those non-human demons!

top topics

join