It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany v Spain: Psychic octopus Paul unfazed by death threats, says keeper

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What a beast.

He even got the result of the losers' final!

What more is there to say?

Is anyone up to giving us a montage of Paul with the world cup?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
What a beast.

He even got the result of the losers' final!

What more is there to say?

I

We can wish him a long life and hope he gets beatified after.

St. Paul , patron saint of the deep sea.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

Well Illusionsaregrander explained his kind don't live long. He's certainly made his short life count!

I wonder if they should try him with stocks & shares?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
OK ATS, get this:

If you don't flag now, you never will...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Awesome vid! That is just the special song.

Paul has changed our hearts and our appetites!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d36b064ce637.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by crowdedskies

I wonder if they should try him with stocks & shares?

He might be out of his depth

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
He is SO adorable!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1bbbb515dd92.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Indeed.

But how does he do it? He's not just a pretty face.

Could there be a connection to John Titor?*

*(Please type 'Titor' into ATS Search if you're scratching your head)

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Yeah, this is some funny stuff. I was reading about this and chuckling yesterday. The Argentinians want to cook and eat the thing now.

The octopus makes its decision by crawiling into one of two boxes. Each box is marked with a flag (for example, one for Germany and one for Argentina), and the flag on the box he chooses supposedly is that of the winner.

How about this idea?: The owner puts food in one box, the octopus crawls into it, he takes a video. Then he does the exact same thing with the other box. So now we have two videos, one of the octopus crawling into each box. The owner then releases the "correct prediction" after the victory and destroys the other vid.

Or are the predictions released before the games? If so, that's much harder to explain, but the owner could still be doing the same as described above and making the decision for himself.

[edit on 7/7/10 by silent thunder]

Well not true....all predictions are released before the games take place and they are made "live"

What is however apparent is that Paul is a spawn of Cthulu...I swear that the owners are part of a cabalistic cult or something.The other day I could hear that german keeper woman mutter ""Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Leonardo01]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but I'd bet this little Octopus is giving the sports bookies (illegal bets) fits.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Yeah, this is some funny stuff. I was reading about this and chuckling yesterday. The Argentinians want to cook and eat the thing now.

The octopus makes its decision by crawiling into one of two boxes. Each box is marked with a flag (for example, one for Germany and one for Argentina), and the flag on the box he chooses supposedly is that of the winner.

How about this idea?: The owner puts food in one box, the octopus crawls into it, he takes a video. Then he does the exact same thing with the other box. So now we have two videos, one of the octopus crawling into each box. The owner then releases the "correct prediction" after the victory and destroys the other vid.

Or are the predictions released before the games? If so, that's much harder to explain, but the owner could still be doing the same as described above and making the decision for himself.

[edit on 7/7/10 by silent thunder]

There is food in both box. And of course the prediction is released before.
But this could be just luck.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I've seen this and it's pretty funny.

Nothing amazing though each prediction is a 50/50 chance which is easy to make and even easier to succeed on.

Now if he'd predicted yesterday who out of the Formula 1 racers would win at Silverstone then it would be impressive.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
i've got a few views on this psychic octocpus, for starters yeh it's possible that an animal can be psychic

but lets look at some other factors

luck, maybe it was just extreme luck he chose the winner either time?

chosen? perhaps his feeder knew of rigged games or had better judgement on teams and places better food in the winning container to create a psychic octopus hoax?

or we can just look at the facts that maybe nobody has that good a judgement to predict so many winning games with the odds going against in several occasions.

me i reckon pauls psychic they say animals have better senses that humans whats to say that an octopus has better brain sensing and possible insight into the future?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join